Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Roadways not working  (Read 5856 times)

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
Re: Roadways not working
« Reply #15 on: 08 May 2010, 08:47:17 »
You probably see a similar effect in one of my Youtube videos.
From memory its the GEO lod of one vehicle impacting the GEO lod of the other.
Make sure where youre attaching the CRRC there is no GEO lod present on the ship.

Offline Absolution

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 20 May 2010, 03:47:11 »
Unfortunately that is not the case. I experimented and attached the CRRC 50m away from the ship where no geometry exists and it still bounces.

I have two theories:
1) I have my ship inheriting its class from NonStrategic. Could this cause a fault in the script somehow? I chose this class because I intend the ship to be simply a building out on the water.

2) My model has several areas of open geometry. For example the keel of the ship does not close so if you were to go below the water surface and look up you would see right through the ship. The same goes for where the front end of the model meets up with a second model. I didn't see a reason to model things you would never see. Could these open geometries be confusing the attachto?

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
« Reply #17 on: 22 May 2010, 22:09:44 »
sounds to me you have misunderstood "geometry lod"
Geometry lod has nothing to do with "what you can see". The GEOMETRY LOD is exactly that in O2.
Its a series of boxes that represent the bulk of a vehicle that can be collided with.
It only has to be rough boxes, no textures because you can not see the lod. you only know its there when you collide two objects/vehicles.

The class shouldnt matter.
Script? You using Attachto for the CRRC right? not setpos

Offline Absolution

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 23 May 2010, 06:35:39 »
Apologies I am not misunderstanding the geometry LOD I am just using "geometry" in a confusing manner. I am referring to geometry as any points/lines/faces in any LOD but to do so in this case was inappropriate.

Yes, I am using attachto in both script form as you have walked me through and in the editor by placing a similar command in the init field. The attach point is in an empty region of the model; no Geo LOD, no Roadway LOD, nothing so it "shouldn't" be interacting with anything.

Would you like to continue this in the other thread I started? I started it for another topic but it just migrated to the same topic as this.