Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I+D Scripting Section  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Barbolani

• Members
I+D Scripting Section
« on: 18 Aug 2009, 20:13:04 »
Hey, just an idea: make a section in the ofpec forum for I+D regarding scripting on Arma2

There are a few posts on Arma2 Scripting section that could fit there perfectly.

And in fact there's a lot of "darkness" regarding some topics, i.e functions, modules etc.. and probably BIS will never enlighten us...

Cheers!

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
Re: I+D Scripting Section
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2009, 22:08:45 »
Please excuse my lack of knowledge but what does "I+D" stand for?
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline Barbolani

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2009, 10:16:44 »
Sorry, I+D maybe it's spanish....  :D

Research and development...

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2009, 11:04:21 »
Research threads are welcome under the general scripting boards. Take a look at the Som Discussion initiated by Bardosy for example. It doesn't contain any questions. Nor is there a definite answer. It's more like an open discussion of people testing different scripting commands for the SOM Module, and sharing their findings.

OFPEC has a long history and I've seen several such projects over the years. Sometimes they become popular enough to be stickied at the top of the forum. Sometimes they will eventually be edited and rewritten into a tutorial or resource. Sometimes they will just drift slowly down the charts, until they are forgotten by everyone.
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2009, 11:06:45 by nominesine »
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Trexian

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2009, 14:13:10 »
Sometimes they will just drift slowly down the charts, until they are forgotten by everyone.
Everyone except the search engine. :)

I easily spend 10x more time searching OFPEC than posting.  Alot of the old threads that only have a few posts are VERY helpful for someone new to OFP/ArmA scripting.

Having been admin at different forums in the past, I know it is a balance in terms of how many subforums and what kind.  I think OFPEC's structure is very effective - and the aforementioned search engine is top notch. :D
Sic semper tyrannosauro.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2009, 16:23:54 »
Don't dig too deep. You might find embarrasing evidence of past ignorance. I just stumbled over my oldest archived post. Those were the days...
 :P
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Trexian

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2009, 16:40:35 »
hehe

But, what's great is that the resolution is still valid in A2! :D  That's why I love OFPEC as a resource - I've had that exact same question, and if I'd found that thread (instead of one of the many others like it), it would have had the answer I needed, even though it is "old".

In the Toolkit thread, I almost posted that the most useful tool I have for ArmA editing is FireFox. :D
Sic semper tyrannosauro.