Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [Co12] =RTY= Eve of Destruction = please review  (Read 11297 times)

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: [Co 4-20] Eve of Destruction = beta 3
« Reply #15 on: 08 Aug 2009, 11:49:13 »
hi mate  im also getting faults by the dozen and the new patch seems to affect the revive script

ill  get stuck in and check over a few things ...   thanks  mate for the feedback ...

edit
====

seems a lot of the odject id s have changed with patch 103  none of the objectives are working
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline foxcom

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 09 Aug 2009, 04:25:55 »
hi, maybe you can help?

i`m having a problem with the

* Fixed tasks after spawn,

everytime i respawn, the briefing list is double, double notes, task and objectives, do you know an answer to this problem. it`s also in the REVIVE TEST_02m.utes from Norrin.

thanks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 09 Aug 2009, 17:27:04 »
mmmm  ... since 103  the same is happening to me
not sure whats going on to be honest ... 

ill ask around  mate ...  thanks a lot for the heads up

just spent  most of the day changing and checking  the id no s ... run it first time on server 
and this happens  :P

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 09 Aug 2009, 18:13:36 »
Rather then using the objectID you could use the type option in nearestobjects. Its quite possible that the objectID's will change each time the island is updated.

And for the tasks list, I'm sure I saw a scripting error which might cause the duplicates. Funny thing is they weren't reported client side and I never checked the server rpt file. We will likely give the mission ago tonite so if you can upload the update. :)

Is it possible to include a halo option on respawn? one of the guys asked about this...

« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2009, 18:16:03 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: [Co 4-20] Eve of Destruction = beta 3d
« Reply #19 on: 11 Aug 2009, 20:55:07 »
updated to v 3d
fixed bugs introduced by patch 103

========

@ Hoz
it is possible to spawn in c130 with revive set up ...  never tried it though .. ill give it a bash mate

@ foxcom
check your revive_init.sqf and make sure NORRNCustomExec1 = ""; and NORRNCustomExec3 = ""; as norrin put some code in there in the test mission sometime before the latest patch so that the briefing was re-added when a player respawned.

best wishes guys

edit
still broken  :weeping:   
just uploaded to RTY  server  and was presented with the static link object error ...
and a hatfull of error messgaes  ...  thought id sussed it ... remind me never to test with me as host !
anyone any ideas on what im doing wrong ? the bad link to static object  has me beaten

many appologies  to all   

« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2009, 21:13:33 by sharkattack »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: 11 Aug 2009, 21:32:39 »
in order to get rid of the static link error. All I had to do was go in preview the mission and then save/ export. If its continuing to happen I would question the server version of the island.
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #21 on: 11 Aug 2009, 21:47:09 »
hi hoz

RTY server is patched up to date ...
and like you say it works as soon as the mission is opened and saved  again  ...

however its a bit of cuffuffle for any casual downloader to have to open up the mission and  re save it ... is it possible  to find the dodgy object ?  or should i  rebuild the mission ...

many thanks mate  for your  time .. appreciate it  :good:

ps
cheeky i know  ... but ...
anychance you could try to load v 3d  to check error repeats ... and to see if its  a prob with RTY  server

again  many thanks  ...  best wishes

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 11 Aug 2009, 22:21:18 »
It worked fine/loaded up for me.
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #23 on: 11 Aug 2009, 22:55:22 »
managed to trace the culprit (s) ( thanks xeno) ... a waypoint  to a building position  ...  

gonna  recheck everything  there must be more than one ...  error is still occuring on RTY server  ...
seems to be fine once saved  ... however im still getting errors with objective scripts  (cranes  and powercuts)  gonna try and figure what im doing wrong with them  ...

bare with me  guys  ... ill get there eventually  

edit
====
finally got it working again  ...

changelog v4a

fixed bugs introduced by patch 1.03
added revive v02o
tweaked AI patrol routes
tweaked vehicle  behaviour with units in cargo
cranes and powercut error  fixed  ( i hope)

« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2009, 22:04:12 by sharkattack »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [Co 4-20] Eve of Destruction = beta 4a
« Reply #24 on: 14 Aug 2009, 05:27:06 »
Gave the newest a try tonight...

The helo in zone doesn't seem match up with the green mesh marker. THe plane heads far west for a long time now. I think you should trigger the song after your into the helo.  Another thing i found in 1.03 is that the halo insertions, you almost always get killed now from ground fire. so you need to make sure you halo in a safe location.

The terrorist HQ doesn't have a task, and since we rode the plane out for a while we started there at the HQ.

Playing with just two players we really suffered with no ammo respawning at the mobile tent. Might want to consider a radio call for ammo in some how or have it at the mash tent. Ammo really made it tough for just two of us.

overall pretty good, we really felt like ammo was a problem, we didn't even finish 1 task tonite but still had fun.
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: [Co 4-20] Eve of Destruction = beta 4b
« Reply #25 on: 17 Aug 2009, 20:56:39 »
@ Hoz    thanks mate  for  you comments

updated to v4b

*added weapon / ammo box to mobile respawn ( thanks Norrin)
*tweaked available supplys at RV points ..

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 17 Aug 2009, 21:09:28 »
Excellent. Did you fix the landing zone area? are you now limited to the east end of the map for halo insert?
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #27 on: 17 Aug 2009, 21:31:41 »
Hi mate ....

C130 seems to be sticking within the zone now .. and i never got shot at once during testing when in parachute .. repositioned the ups markers  think that  fixed it ... were previously covering suitable landing zones  ... thanks a million mate for your time and your comments  ... cheers hoz   :good:

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: 18 Aug 2009, 19:44:26 »
The time of day option isn't working for me. I choose midday and get night.   ???
Xbox Rocks

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #29 on: 18 Aug 2009, 21:01:49 »
ill take a look mate ... never tried  to select daytime  since 103  ... :whistle:

thanks a million mate for heads up !