Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Creating short animations  (Read 3437 times)

Offline SnowSky

• Members
Creating short animations
« on: 24 Jun 2009, 11:38:29 »
Hi
I have some questions to animations. I would like to try doing a small animation like for example for a handfight a kick or so. Now I have the Skeleton Modell, and I took also some animations of BIS Samples to see, in what timesteps they are working normally with, till yet there is no problem, but:
Which LOD do I have to modificate for the animations? Because the EDIT LOD will not be importet in the final pbo I head, and the Memory will have have the vertices for the axes for the animations normally. But the animations for characters can be done also on another way, right? Now I thought, there is something like a bonesystem so that the parts are connected together with bones so I can rotate them, but it seems there aren't really bones, is this possible? Do I have to rotate the parts with the normal 1.000 LOD and pin there the parts so that it will rotate at the right possition? I searched for Help in other forums and with Google, but till yet I haven't found really good tutorials or something that would explain this process. Maybe someone here could support me?

Yours sincerly
SnowSky

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
Re: Creating short animations
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2009, 13:39:21 »

In short the usual method is to create RTM`s in OFP_anim for this you will need .

Ofp anim
 bis skeleton model or any mlod of a unit.
 OFP2E export version ( the first version released when arma came out)

step1 open the chosen skeleton in OFP2E and save as old ofp type on P drive.
 step2 open the saved mlod with ofp anim and create a Link profile.
 step3 create the keyframe animation and save the resulting RTM file.
 step4 create a config for your new MOVES
 step 5 Binarise and add to @ folder
 step 6 run the game and test using _myunit switch/playmove "nameof animation".

those are the basic steps using the OFP anim , some people can do it inside oxygen but like you have noted the bones are not pivoted and it is a very hard process if you are createing a moving animation.

Your biggest task is to find a download of the original OFP2E with the export utility.

Good Luck
DB
I love ofp

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2009, 13:43:10 »
Your biggest task is to find a download of the original OFP2E with the export utility.

This could probably be helped quite a lot if it was hosted here at OFPEC ;) Since you seem to have it, feel very free to upload it to the AD!  :D

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline SnowSky

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2009, 16:42:31 »

In short the usual method is to create RTM`s in OFP_anim for this you will need .

Ofp anim
 bis skeleton model or any mlod of a unit.
 OFP2E export version ( the first version released when arma came out)

step1 open the chosen skeleton in OFP2E and save as old ofp type on P drive.
 step2 open the saved mlod with ofp anim and create a Link profile.
 step3 create the keyframe animation and save the resulting RTM file.
 step4 create a config for your new MOVES
 step 5 Binarise and add to @ folder
 step 6 run the game and test using _myunit switch/playmove "nameof animation".

those are the basic steps using the OFP anim , some people can do it inside oxygen but like you have noted the bones are not pivoted and it is a very hard process if you are createing a moving animation.

Good Luck
DB

Awesome - thank you very much! Because I thought I am to stupid to see how to use linked Bones or so in O², because the triangles in the EDIT Lod looked for me like a cry for "Use me for Animations, I am what you want to rotate". And pinning the animating bone and selecting all bones wich are in relation to this one for every single animationFrame would be a work for endless time too, and if I'd have to search the exact Positions I have to rotate in the 1.000 LOD would be the same hard work at the end, but now this is really a nice way for handling it :). I saw OFP Anim already, and tried to open a BI Sample Skeleton, but it said the problem where you noticed that I have to port the ArmA Skeleton to a OFP Skeleton.
Thank you very very very much! I will try to learn how to create some nice animations, if it works, you'll see your name in the readme of the package :)
Again - Thank you very much!

Cheers

SnowSky

Edit: Nah... till yet nothing found... hope I will
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2009, 17:14:58 by SnowSky »

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jun 2009, 17:09:29 »
 no problem
 below is the skeleton in ofp format (donot open in your oxygen and save or it wnt be usable)
 and an LPV for ofp anim, if you get error from ofp anim it maybe because you need the .dll from ofp or odol explorer , its ben a while

Good luck

DB
I love ofp

Offline SnowSky

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2009, 17:42:24 »
thanks ^^. But what is the LPV for?
EDIT: Got it - the Linking and Pivot file

Hurray */me is happy*^^

Edit: Is it possible that the LPV doesn't work? Because if I load the LPV, the circle on the left side of the button remains grey, but with the lpv from ofp-Anim it keeps green.
Another thing is, that it doesn't give it something like a BipedBone Structure, well but I keep trying it, it's interesting :)

Edit: Am actually making the Pivot and Linking because it seems to have problems loading from the LPV file, think this will make a lot of fun once it's done for one for all times :)
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2009, 19:18:45 by SnowSky »

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2009, 19:12:46 »
 hmm works fine for me mate , grreen light on loading of that lpv

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp43/DeanosBeano/lpvok.jpg

the structure is good too, simply click new anim and select all the bones , click edit  frame and select the bones you wish to animate and move them in keyframes .

I love ofp

Offline SnowSky

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jun 2009, 19:29:03 »
Got it^^, didn't know it has to be exactly in the folder where the other lpv's are, but now it works.
I owe you a beer!

Edit: Okay, still one question. Do you make animotions with the parts where a "-" is in front of the name, or those without the "-"?
And is there a possibilty that not all parts are linked together? Or does there still occur an error because I changed something. Think it would be faster to copy the whole program and the file for new together otherwise
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2009, 19:34:00 by SnowSky »

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jun 2009, 20:18:09 »
 you animate the parts that are branched .
  it will selec the appropiate bones beneath the selected part ,so if you select right shoulder it will select down that section, arma,forearm/roll hand fingers, but if you select forearm it will select compone below not above part , shoulder etc.
 if you have still alll bones selected ( full skeleton highlighted yellow) thhen try press on single bone with left shift or ctrl ,cant remember at moment which one.
 in general keep playign i have had this over 1 year now and its very hard for me to make anything
more than static animations it is probably the most painstaking part of all addonmaking :).

i would suggest for real in depth help send a PM to sanctuary in Bis forums, he is the Master and made that LPV
I love ofp