Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC Refreshed!  (Read 12382 times)

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
Re: OFPEC Refreshed!
« Reply #15 on: 10 Dec 2008, 19:55:24 »
I'm impresssed, good job bedges!  :good:
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline Jackal

• Honoured Contributor
  • Pinpoint Precision
    • TEAM ELITE FORCES
« Reply #16 on: 11 Dec 2008, 02:39:17 »
The new site looks clean and I applaud the policy of keeping gaudiness of signatures to a minimum and focussing on the actual content. As someone who has been using OFPEC since the early days of OFP, I appreciate the thought put into the efficiency to the user, especially when it comes to answering questions about editing. As we all know, the more time you can shave off in the missionmaking process, the more missions can be produced.

One area that often gets overlooke is the managing of the forums so that the most pertinent content stays and the off-topic stuff gets removed in a timely manner. Again, that makes perusing the forums for answers to questions more enjoyable and more effective.

Good work OFPEC, as always.
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #17 on: 18 Dec 2008, 23:05:20 »
Well what happened here  :)

I think it is better than the old but I'll have to browse around here more to really know  :scratch:

Anyways it is positive to notice that there is still much work going on to improve this website. A big thumbs up for everyone working in the staff.

I am as well very much favouring a cleaner style. Signatures are so annoying that it is much better without them. I don't come to these sorts of websites to read signatures!

OFPEC can and should and does stand out from the mass of websites by concentrating more on the actual useful content, on the so-called signal, instead of letting the so-called noise steal a major part in the show.

Best Regards,
Baddo.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
« Reply #18 on: 19 Dec 2008, 13:53:43 »
Hi guys. :) Again: Wonderful new site, it gets better shaped up every week! :good:

I have two more questions about the mission depot:

1) Is it possible to implement again the possibility to order the missions by rating too? Would be good again to have the 10/10 points missions at the beginning of the list. :-[ I hope that everyone understands this... :)

2) Is it possible in the multiplayer mission lists to add for how much players the mission is (at the mission name already)? Otherwise one who is looking after, let's say, a mission for 4 people, will look only by name, which name sounds interesting. And by the rating, of course. To name it: The search is more difficult.

Regards, Undeceived
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2008, 14:27:59 by Undeceived »
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 19 Dec 2008, 14:57:32 »
The number of playable slots is already there within the review. I'll leave bedges to comment on the sorting. :D
Xbox Rocks

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #20 on: 19 Dec 2008, 15:05:51 »
I got the impression he wanted the number of playable slots as part of the mission name like co12_Kill_Them_All or somesuch.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #21 on: 19 Dec 2008, 15:07:47 »
A new sorting interface is currently in development which will enable users to sort by mission type, game, author, title, publish date, reviewer, score, number of players, island, weather - basically any field that appears in the review. Users will also be able to define how many results to show per page, and toggle ascending/descending order.

This will be a generic interface across depots, although the options available will be dependant on the content of the resource details, and naturally putting it together is not an easy job, especially given the time of year when RL is getting busier by the day. However, you can expect this feature (and a few other finishing details) to be in place in the depots very soon.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
« Reply #22 on: 19 Dec 2008, 17:12:21 »
This sounds awesome! Great ideas! I wish you and all others involved sucess with the page!

I got the impression he wanted the number of playable slots as part of the mission name like co12_Kill_Them_All or somesuch
Yes, that's what I meant. The one searching doesn't need to search through all reviews then to find missions for 4 players (as an example).

Thanks all!
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #23 on: 21 Dec 2008, 02:01:03 »
Looking good guys!

Well done and congrats on all your hard work.

The site seems to be much faster than it was in my day... :D
It's all looking clean, new and fresh.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #24 on: 29 Dec 2008, 16:19:23 »
Hello Sui,

Nice to see you are still bopping about occasionally,  Seasons Greetings.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Trexian

• Members
« Reply #25 on: 30 Dec 2008, 20:01:35 »
Looks good. :)  Is there a different thread to report glitches?  I think there's a broken link in the "waypoints" entry to the "waypoints" data type.

But, like the new layout!
Sic semper tyrannosauro.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 30 Dec 2008, 20:07:42 »
If what your talking about is in the comref then leave a comment and planck will tend to it when his glass I ment coffee cup is empty. :)

Also, bugs can be reported as usual in this thread.
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2008, 20:10:50 by bedges »
Xbox Rocks

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #27 on: 22 Jan 2009, 07:38:36 »
Wow. The new design looks great, good job bedges  :good:
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2009, 07:55:01 by XCess »

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #28 on: 22 Jan 2009, 19:58:06 »
Holy crap, he lives! :blink:

Offline MehMan

• Members
« Reply #29 on: 26 Jan 2009, 01:28:21 »
Is there a way to switch the site back to the way it was before?
Shit happens.