Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC Refreshed!  (Read 12279 times)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: OFPEC Refreshed!
« Reply #30 on: 26 Jan 2009, 01:54:33 »
Time machine!

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: 26 Jan 2009, 02:17:39 »
There is a image in the History article which will take you back. But in all seriousness what is it you don't like?
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2009, 08:27:36 by bedges »
Xbox Rocks

Offline fallujahmedic

• Members
« Reply #32 on: 29 Jan 2009, 00:57:12 »
OFPEC, Thank you for your many years of support! I was a lurker from Day 1, ok maybe Day 2. But I was there!

Anyone remember that guy with what someone dubbed "that dodgy name" cumboy? I about fell out of my chair when I heard that!!

I love the new design and I'm glad to see a return to the "EDITING" portion of the game. Add-ons and other high bandwidth suckers can be hosted other places. Maybe like the old "web-rings". One for code and where and how to put it. Another for addons, which in turn can be broken down into vehicles, islands, units, etc. Spread the wealth around.

The only think I don't particularly like is the large Black band where it says "Site Map". Otherwise, I like the fresh look.

Offline Squelch

• Members
« Reply #33 on: 06 Feb 2009, 07:06:05 »
Hi guys,

Like fallujahmedic, I'm a serial lurker from very early on, and I've followed your fortunes up and down over the years. The focus back on editing is welcomed here too. There are so many other addon sites, so editing resources and knowledge, to my mind at least, belong here where it all began.

The new look is easy on the eye, and navigating to what is wanted is a breeze. Keep up the good work.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: 06 Feb 2009, 16:13:27 »
Thanks for the feed back and good to see you got yourself signed up to OFPEC!
Xbox Rocks

Offline Trash Can Man

• Members
  • We are no longer the knights who say "Ni!"
« Reply #35 on: 28 Feb 2009, 16:01:19 »
It's been way too long sinve I have been here! I always like coming here. OFPEC community has been the sole reason I even play OFP/ArmA in the first place!! You guys keep up the great work!!  bravo!  well done!   :clap:    :good: 

TCM

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
« Reply #36 on: 24 Mar 2009, 09:57:45 »

Great work Bedges and all.. looks fantastic!

As  for the 1024x768, "...if it's good enough for the BBC, CNN and ArmedAssault.info..." - agreed!  Being a silly old bugger, i use <Ctrl>+ with my browser to make the font bigger anyway (I will have to get some glasses for use with my computers now I think).

PS: After 8 years living in California, i am moving back to England in the summer, actually to the wilds of Cornwall.  Might even get going with OFP and ArmA again...

Rich  :blink:
(who stole the :old: smiley? ... lol)

Offline humphrey

• Members
« Reply #37 on: 05 Apr 2009, 09:47:58 »
Ya I just wanna ad by 2cent to this thread by sayin AWESOME site. I went across an voted for you guys in the communty awards. I hope you guys stay around for ARMA2 cuz well be needin you guys to give us the lowdown on how to do shit.

Keep up the great work guys. OPFEC IS AWESOME  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Lone-Wolf

« Reply #38 on: 16 Apr 2009, 17:23:39 »
I think that, despite it's improved graphics, ArmA shouldn't dominate the look and feel of OFPEC.

As of right now, all the pages feature ArmA screenshots (as far as I have seen so far) and I think that that is a bit too far. I am a diehard fan of Flashpoint and think that it deserves at least some screenshots despite it's somewhat pixelated nature.

A good midway point that upsets no-one would be to include real-life photos of 1980s warfare, tanks, soldiers etc. (Perhaps OFP island-esque villages?)

The rest of the interface and look is excellent BTW.  :good:

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #39 on: 16 Apr 2009, 20:42:31 »
You need to look harder, there are a few flashpoint shots there as well.   :cool2:

The present banner for example is from OFP.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #40 on: 25 Apr 2009, 18:39:06 »
Looking very good and running very smooth guys. It's very clear. Modern but not compromising the OFPEC and OFP feel.
WELL DONE!  :clap: :good: :yes:

God I miss you guys..
Not all is lost.

Offline firegraphite

• Members
« Reply #41 on: 12 May 2009, 04:28:53 »
Everything looks great. Very polished work. Although I have to agree with Lone-Wolf. It does seem to be pretty much dominated by Arma.. Makes me feel like OFP is slowly dying... *shiver*

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #42 on: 12 May 2009, 06:30:16 »
Makes me feel like OFP is slowly dying... *shiver*
when you added the word shiver in there it kinda hit me  :o
 but looking back ofp was what 8, 9 yrs ago  :scratch:
Its probably lying in the $9.99 box at the beginning of the shop now  :)
anyway i remember playing the demo, it blow me away :yes: it is my first love as simulation games go!
i think a lot of us forget this web site is called OFPEC, not ARMAEC and i dont see us changing the name to ARMAECII in the near future either!!!!
maybe one of the guys from one of are many Depots will add some imagines from OFP and or CWR or bedges might.
cheers. schuler
« Last Edit: 12 May 2009, 09:37:31 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: 12 May 2009, 18:09:20 »
Rest assured that we have no plans to do away with OFP as long as there are fans asking questions and people there to support them.
Xbox Rocks

Offline firegraphite

• Members
« Reply #44 on: 13 May 2009, 06:13:34 »
Yay!!! Operation Flashpoint still rocks!!!  :D