Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SPON Map v0.7.0 (ACCEPTED)  (Read 18062 times)

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
Re: SPON Map v0.5.1 (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #15 on: 27 Jul 2008, 02:38:33 »
greetings,

just wanted to say thanks for including the pbo source files. i have been having a hard time with dialogs for a couple months now. by seeing the 3 stages, it makes it easier to see how a script becomes a pbo.

keep up the great work!  :clap:

edit: i tried the addon version of core and map: i get this error when i start a map in the editor..

maybe i'm doing something wrong?
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2008, 02:48:03 by loki72 »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #16 on: 27 Jul 2008, 12:30:40 »
Yep, that is because you are using an old version of the XEH (extended event handlers) addon. There is a copy included in the zip that does work (XEH 1.7 in SPON v0.5.x, which is still the newest version) or you could just download the newest version from the usual places (e.g. armaholic).
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
« Reply #17 on: 29 Jul 2008, 02:53:34 »
greetings,

@all i spoke with spooner in a chat.. he was right... the new xeh's combine all the old 4 together into 1.
i had to delete the old ones.

@spooner... rock on!

edit:

i know you spoke to bis about this.. however... connecting to warfare with the spon map.. causes ctd... 2 of us just tried it several times. :(

« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2008, 03:54:38 by loki72 »

Offline Binary

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 31 Jul 2008, 12:44:15 »
I'm a bit confused about this script/addon - exatcly what do you need to run this as a addon on a dedicated server?

Is it enough to have all the clients running the addon - or do you also still need to include the SPON CORE with every mission?
"Ah.. Home sweet hell !" - Al Bundy

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #19 on: 31 Jul 2008, 13:04:45 »
SPON Core and SPON Map do not need to be run on the server for SPON Map to work fully (This might not be the case for all SPON components when I get around to re-releasing them as addons). Either you want XEH, SPON Core and SPON Map addons on all clients (can be on server, but doesn't matter) or you want SPON Core and SPON Map in the mission itself. If you are using the addon version, then all SPON Map drawings (markers, lines, circles, rectangles) will only be visible to other people using SPON Map. Anyone not using SPON Map will not have any problems or errors, they will just not be able to open the map or see any of the things drawn by those that do have SPON Map. Thus, it should be perfectly safe on public servers, as long as you realise that only people with SPON Map will see what you draw on your SPON Map.

Offline Binary

• Members
« Reply #20 on: 31 Jul 2008, 13:14:27 »
Sounds great Spooner :)

So this means, that for the SPON Map to work for everyone in our clan, on our dedicated server, we simply need to have all CLIENTS running the SPON Core, SPON Map and XEH addon?

If this is correct - where do you download the SPON Core addon?
"Ah.. Home sweet hell !" - Al Bundy

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #21 on: 31 Jul 2008, 15:14:56 »
Yup. Only reason you'd need it on the server would be if the server only allows signatured addons.

SPON Core.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #22 on: 03 Nov 2008, 17:37:22 »
Seems the YouTube video for SPON Map has disappeared. I couldn't contact Woolridge, so I uploaded a copy I'd made to my own account. I'll take it down again if requested, of course.

SPON Map v0.3.0 @ Youtube

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #23 on: 03 Nov 2008, 18:39:19 »
Nice video, but it runs incredibly fast, I found it hard to follow.    :yes:

:P

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #24 on: 03 Nov 2008, 22:32:51 »
Aye, it was made quickly by someone just wanting to demonstrate internally for his clan.

I'm hoping to get a proper video out for v0.6.0 (which is at RC2 right now, in private tests). Can't promise anything though, since I'm reliant on others to do the hard work for that sort of thing :whistle:

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: SPON Map v0.6.0 (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #25 on: 15 Jan 2009, 06:35:08 »
New release v0.6.0

Finally got around to releasing this to the public and not a moment too soon! Since 0.5.x, I have added a literal raft-load of new features as well as fixed a lot of the features it already had that weren't quite right (too many changes to list, but if you are bored, the readme is extremely verbose about those sorts of things).

Thanks to all those that tested the private betas (v0.6.0RC1-7) for me and, hopefully, allowed this public release to be a lot less buggy than it might otherwise have been!

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #26 on: 16 Jan 2009, 03:36:00 »
Well lets hear the feedback all! Here is some of mine, of course Spooner has already heard it.

- Allow "Notes" to placed in icons. Maybe even structure it a bit to allow player to make a SALUTE report (Size, Activity, Location (autodisplay with 8 digit support), Uniform, Time (auto), Equipment.

- Of course the goals you posted (moving icons)
- Input field to set the default icon size. Good for those achmm...tiny ACE markers.
- Command structure to have permissions to delete markers
- Deletion reports
- Allow disabling of in game text and require only SPON text to be used (would be selectable by mission maker)
- Auto BLUFOR Tracker markers in sync with command structure
- Return 8 digit coordinates for all features (You can already get 8 digit manually by using the grid).

Example (ACE For Sahrani/ Rahmadi or user made missions): 158 895 > 1584 8952
CTI SectorLink
Version: Beta 7
http://hosted.filefront.com/Spyder001/

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #27 on: 16 Jan 2009, 07:59:58 »
I know we've discussed adding extra information to markers before. Definitely something that interests me and a SALUTE of commonly added info might be useful. Something to consider for 0.7.0 though, since I can't change the data structure of messages without making the new version incompatible with the current 0.6.0 version that doesn't use this extra data.

It does make sense to keep deleted items in the log, at least for a little while, since although one of SPON Map's significant features is that it does tell you who placed a marker and when (and will, when I implement dragging, tell you who last moved it!), if a marker disappears in-game, you don't know who deleted it. Not sure of the exact way to implement or show this, but yes, I agree to this suggestion in theory. In the mean time, I suggest you try to "aim" your markers at only those you want to see them, so that you are less likely to have other people delete them. Remember that with SPON Map you can send a marker to an individual, another group or just to medics (among a lot of other specific targets) so you shouldn't have to send "side" messages very much any more, which can be seen and deleted by anyone.

I assume by deletion reports you mean a text message when a marker is deleted, just as you get a message when an urgent marker is placed (place a marker with text beginning with an exclamation mark, such as "!Tanks here"). This is certainly possible, but I prefer the idea of a less intrusive logged message, rather than spamming even more into the text chat.

I have considered disallowing deletion based on rank, but that could cause problems if your colonel disconnected after drawing on the map. No-one would then ever be able to delete those lines (even if the colonel reconnected, he wouldn't see the lines he drew, since SPON Map isn't JIP-updating yet, so couldn't delete them).

I have no idea what you mean by "disabling of in game text".

I did have 8-digit support knocking around at one point for those maps using 6-digit coordinates (and 6-digit coordinates shown for regular 4-digit maps), but I removed the feature, since I didn't want it as a default, fearing it would be considered an easy-mode. As you say, though, you can easily use the "realistic" method of using one of the grid overlays to work out the extra digit of accuracy anyway. My priority, for now, is to make sure that the coordinates given by SPON Map are accurate on all possible maps in the game (I hope this is true now, since SPON Map GPS values are based on reading map config, rather than knowing info about a specific list of maps, but I'm sure someone can find one that has unexpected config info in it). Not really sure when, or if, I'll reintroduce extended GPS values, but the more people that want it the more likely it will reappear (though it won't be a default setting).

I don't have any plans to integrate a unit tracker into Map. When I implement marker dragging, a manual tracker would effectively have been made, for example. You could also use a detection-based tracker like SPON Sensor or SPON HoloMap. SPON Map doesn't really know anything about your command structure (unlike, for example, SPON Status), so again, I don't really see that it is an appropriate Map component. Map is also MP/COOP focussed but a tracker is relevant in SP missions.

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #28 on: 17 Jan 2009, 05:26:26 »
When I said deletion report I meant in the log :P

As far as the disable in game text I meant this. Disable the in-game text and replace it was SPON Text. You would have a "log" just for text messages. I have and will always hate chat messages. They are annoying, they block me view, and they make taking screen shots hard. They also ruin immersion.

The tracker could be linked to the SPON Channels:

Code: [Select]
// 1st Squad Leader
case "WEST Rough Rider 1 -":
{
["1st Platoon"] call SPON_Map_joinChannel;
["1st Squad/1PLT"] call SPON_Map_joinChannel;
};

YOu could add a line in this manner

Code: [Select]
// 1st Squad Leader
case "WEST Rough Rider 1 -":
{
["1st Platoon"] call SPON_Map_joinChannel;
["1st Squad/1PLT"] call SPON_Map_joinChannel;
[markerType: "Squad", name: "1SQD/1PLT"];
};

No idea wtf I am talking about as far as that coding just giving an example.
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2009, 07:32:44 by Spooner »
CTI SectorLink
Version: Beta 7
http://hosted.filefront.com/Spyder001/

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #29 on: 17 Jan 2009, 07:44:44 »
Yeah, I would like to add an IM system to the normal part of the game (currently you can only send IMs from inside SPON Map). This would be opened with shift-/ Also a dedicated, filterable, log for IMs might be worthwhile (in addition to the use of regular chat area for messages). One of the many features I decided not to add, so I could actually release v0.6.0 this century ;P Since I can't really expect other people to switch to SPON IMs (and SPON IMs are all in upper-case, for a reason best known to BIS), I don't see that replacing, rather than extending, the regular chat makes a lot of sense.