Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SPON Map v0.7.0 (ACCEPTED)  (Read 18078 times)

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
SPON Map v0.7.0 (ACCEPTED)
« on: 11 Jun 2008, 13:28:14 »

SPON Map v0.7.0
- Released: 2009-06-03
- (mission script version) 100% scripts with no addon dependencies
- (addon version) Requires XEH 1.9 or higher (included in release).
- Requires: ArmA 1.14 (or higher) and SPON Core (v0.5.3 or higher)
- See attached README.html for full details

Videos (very old, but show the idea)
SPON Map v0.3.0 @ YouTube (Unofficial video; thanks to Woolridge!)
SPON Map v0.5.0 @ Xfire (Unofficial video; thanks to Delta99)

Overview
Map that allows players to make freehand drawings, as well as place markers in a more manageable/intuitive way. The choice of exactly who to send this information to is extended from the "vanilla" ArmA options.

* Much more intuitive interface with more tooltips.
* New dynamic notepad.
* New digital clock and digital compass windows.
* Line thickness settings and lines stay at a constant width at any zoom level.
* Many other new features added and old bugs fixed.
* IMPORTANT NOTE: This version is not compatible with Arma 2, but will be the last version for Arma 1, barring hot-fixes, before I port to Arma 2.

* Online manual
* Features (recommended so you know how to use the new features and probably some old features you never knew about!).
* Download @ Dev-heaven
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2009, 15:24:31 by Spooner »
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: SPON Map (DO NOT SUBMIT)
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2008, 02:33:02 »
Updated to v0.3.0
Well, I've done a fair bit more work on this: adding a lot of snazzy new drawing features (ellipses, rectangles, straight lines; MS Paint, eat your heart out ;P), improving the GUI & killing bugs. There are still a lot of outstanding bugs and incomplete features, however, so I wouldn't consider it usable code just yet. I'm really interested in what people think about this script, what usability issues there are and what features people would really like to see implemented (or not see implemented!).

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2008, 02:58:09 »
hahaha.. this is good!

:good:

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jun 2008, 07:54:08 »
Only a small note so far.  :-[

Please rename your readmes to YOUR_PROJECT_readme.html/txt or readme_YOUR_PROJECT.html/txt.
Cheers  :good:
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2008, 08:02:05 by PROPER.Q »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jun 2008, 12:19:48 »
That seems sensible enough, I suppose. I assume it is so that you can include all readmes in a single directory when you incorporate my scripts? Anyway, this seems sensible so I'll certainly do this with all future releases (not sure it is worth re-releasing anything for this minor change).

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jun 2008, 14:49:48 »
I think it would be useful for tactical MP planning, for "serious" clans. Perhaps the ACE team would be interested in using it to enhance their mod?
urp!

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jun 2008, 15:14:39 »
Absolutely what it was designed for! I also see it useful for mission-makers to draw nice mission-plans on the map for you at the start of the mission, rather than rely on simple markers and solid shapes that block out what is under them (this isn't possible yet, but needs to be added ASAP). I have already had interest from a few mods for this script; I'll see how that goes.

EDIT: You may have noticed that the drawing modes have text rather than icons on. This is because I cannot draw with a mouse to save my life (you can tell from the screenshot, can't you?). If anyone wants to volunteer their icon-making skills to make icons for me which are consistent in style with ArmA, then please contact me.
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2008, 17:21:53 by Spooner »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #7 on: 27 Jun 2008, 18:04:58 »
No idea who Woolridge is, but he went to the effort of recording himself using SPON Map (Youtube). Thanks!

I greatly appreciate the interest and will gladly link to anyone else making videos (I just have the free version of fraps and I'm too busy scripting anyway :p ).

Offline Woolridge

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jun 2008, 19:04:34 »
YOU ARE WELCOME!

I think this script is great, and I used this video to show the script to my clan and try to convince them to use it in ALL the coop missions we edit.  :clap:

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #9 on: 30 Jun 2008, 19:05:08 »
I've found a new bug in v0.3.0: If another window opens over the SPON map in the middle of you drawing something, future lines are corrupted (so don't open the SPON Core debug window, or any other window, while you are in the middle of something!).

Someone at BIS forums has complained that they couldn't open the map any more after they respawned. Most people have found it fine though, so I am assuming it is a conflict with another script or addon.

EDIT: I looked at the mission that i0n0s was having problems with. Apparently, SPON Core key handling is being overwritten by Norrin's revive script when you die, specifically when you run around in deathcam mode.

It would be relatively easy to fix, since SPON Core conveniently has a special SPON_addKeyEventHandler function that allows multiple scripts to share the single available key event. However, in actual fact, it is actually an easily fixable bug in Norrin's script, since he doesn't actually need to get key events that way, so I'll get on at him to fix it ASAP.

Thanks again for the bug report.
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2008, 19:38:24 by Spooner »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #10 on: 06 Jul 2008, 18:45:51 »
New version: v0.3.1
A couple of bug-fixes, a few tweaks requested by users and a shiny new compass.

- Added
    * Added simple compass.

- Modified
    * Resized SPON Map control to be the same size as the vanilla map (i.e. slightly wider in widescreen modes).
    * Doubled width of line drawn to aid visibility when fully zoomed out.

- Fixed
    * SPON Map and vanilla map are not synchonised (that is, if one changes, the other does not update).
    * If another user dialog opens over the SPON map in the middle of you drawing something, future drawing is corrupted.
    * When more than one person has placed markers in MP, one player can have a situation where when placing new markers, one of the markers previously placed gains the colour of this new marker! [Reported by Claesson].
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2008, 19:17:18 by Spooner »

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
« Reply #11 on: 06 Jul 2008, 20:10:02 »
Thanks a lot Spooner.  :good:

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: SPON Map v0.5.0 (READY)
« Reply #12 on: 21 Jul 2008, 22:47:32 »
New release v0.5.0 - This is the first version available as an addon as well as a mission-script.
- Added
    * Now available as an addon, by popular demand!
    * Grid measurement overlays added (suggested by TheDog).
    * Mils are displayed, as well as degrees, when measuring angles.
    * GPS, which can show grid coordinates (with 2-8 digit map reference), height ASL (on ground) or height AGL (in air), centre map on player (air only) or auto-track player (air only).
    * Tools window, compass and GPS can now be dragged around the screen.
    * When placing markers, you can click a "Send" button, rather than having to press the <enter> key (suggested by Q.Proper).
    * When in an aircraft and looking at the map, an "EJECT" button is available.
    * Markers are sorted alphabetically in the list and can be filtered with Alt + letter (suggested by Q.Proper).

- Modified
    * Compass made transparent to make it useful as a protractor (suggested by TheDog).

- Fixed
    * SPON Map and vanilla map aren't synchronised properly.
    * Compass is shown even if it is disabled in the mission.
    * Compass direction marker goes over the edge of the compass.
    * Current time, and time of sending a message, are shown even if watch is disabled in the mission.
    * When querying tell, group and vehicle markers that you have sent, the target is shown as a nil error.

Offline ViperMaul

• Members
    • Theatre Of War (Team PvP Campaign)
Re: SPON Map v0.5.0 (READY)
« Reply #13 on: 24 Jul 2008, 10:07:13 »
Outstanding!

Thanks for this great contribution.
Any way to make the key for toggle top to work inside the vehicle just like the map.
Currently with the addon version I need to resort to the action menu, even when I initialize with the action menu off.
ViperMaul
Theatre of War (Co-Lead Dev)
ACE (Jr Project Manager)

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: SPON Map v0.5.1 (READY)
« Reply #14 on: 24 Jul 2008, 13:04:14 »
I don't quite get what you mean by "toggle top", but the action should always be available, regardless of whether the player is on foot or in a vehicle. If it is ever not available, then there is a bug and I'd like to know about it.

Bear with me on the action menu thing. I'm trying to maximise compatibility with the addon version, but I'll add a way for it to be configured by the player as soon as I can. However, I'll post a temporary workaround later, when I have time to double-check it (EDIT: told you directly).

EDIT:
New Release v0.5.1
- Modified
    * Should have significantly reduced slowdown in query mode.

- Fixed
    * Error raised at start of mission, when playing on independent/resistance side (reported by SickBoy).
    * Two identical icon markers are drawn whenever one is placed, except in "self" mode.
    * When querying an item that has been sent by someone else to a specific target (tell/group/vehicle) the text for the target is either "0" or "true" (Actually fixed in v0.5.0, but not documented).
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2008, 01:02:57 by Spooner »

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
Re: SPON Map v0.5.1 (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #15 on: 27 Jul 2008, 02:38:33 »
greetings,

just wanted to say thanks for including the pbo source files. i have been having a hard time with dialogs for a couple months now. by seeing the 3 stages, it makes it easier to see how a script becomes a pbo.

keep up the great work!  :clap:

edit: i tried the addon version of core and map: i get this error when i start a map in the editor..

maybe i'm doing something wrong?
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2008, 02:48:03 by loki72 »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #16 on: 27 Jul 2008, 12:30:40 »
Yep, that is because you are using an old version of the XEH (extended event handlers) addon. There is a copy included in the zip that does work (XEH 1.7 in SPON v0.5.x, which is still the newest version) or you could just download the newest version from the usual places (e.g. armaholic).

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
« Reply #17 on: 29 Jul 2008, 02:53:34 »
greetings,

@all i spoke with spooner in a chat.. he was right... the new xeh's combine all the old 4 together into 1.
i had to delete the old ones.

@spooner... rock on!

edit:

i know you spoke to bis about this.. however... connecting to warfare with the spon map.. causes ctd... 2 of us just tried it several times. :(

« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2008, 03:54:38 by loki72 »

Offline Binary

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 31 Jul 2008, 12:44:15 »
I'm a bit confused about this script/addon - exatcly what do you need to run this as a addon on a dedicated server?

Is it enough to have all the clients running the addon - or do you also still need to include the SPON CORE with every mission?
"Ah.. Home sweet hell !" - Al Bundy

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #19 on: 31 Jul 2008, 13:04:45 »
SPON Core and SPON Map do not need to be run on the server for SPON Map to work fully (This might not be the case for all SPON components when I get around to re-releasing them as addons). Either you want XEH, SPON Core and SPON Map addons on all clients (can be on server, but doesn't matter) or you want SPON Core and SPON Map in the mission itself. If you are using the addon version, then all SPON Map drawings (markers, lines, circles, rectangles) will only be visible to other people using SPON Map. Anyone not using SPON Map will not have any problems or errors, they will just not be able to open the map or see any of the things drawn by those that do have SPON Map. Thus, it should be perfectly safe on public servers, as long as you realise that only people with SPON Map will see what you draw on your SPON Map.

Offline Binary

• Members
« Reply #20 on: 31 Jul 2008, 13:14:27 »
Sounds great Spooner :)

So this means, that for the SPON Map to work for everyone in our clan, on our dedicated server, we simply need to have all CLIENTS running the SPON Core, SPON Map and XEH addon?

If this is correct - where do you download the SPON Core addon?
"Ah.. Home sweet hell !" - Al Bundy

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #21 on: 31 Jul 2008, 15:14:56 »
Yup. Only reason you'd need it on the server would be if the server only allows signatured addons.

SPON Core.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #22 on: 03 Nov 2008, 17:37:22 »
Seems the YouTube video for SPON Map has disappeared. I couldn't contact Woolridge, so I uploaded a copy I'd made to my own account. I'll take it down again if requested, of course.

SPON Map v0.3.0 @ Youtube

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #23 on: 03 Nov 2008, 18:39:19 »
Nice video, but it runs incredibly fast, I found it hard to follow.    :yes:

:P

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #24 on: 03 Nov 2008, 22:32:51 »
Aye, it was made quickly by someone just wanting to demonstrate internally for his clan.

I'm hoping to get a proper video out for v0.6.0 (which is at RC2 right now, in private tests). Can't promise anything though, since I'm reliant on others to do the hard work for that sort of thing :whistle:

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: SPON Map v0.6.0 (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #25 on: 15 Jan 2009, 06:35:08 »
New release v0.6.0

Finally got around to releasing this to the public and not a moment too soon! Since 0.5.x, I have added a literal raft-load of new features as well as fixed a lot of the features it already had that weren't quite right (too many changes to list, but if you are bored, the readme is extremely verbose about those sorts of things).

Thanks to all those that tested the private betas (v0.6.0RC1-7) for me and, hopefully, allowed this public release to be a lot less buggy than it might otherwise have been!

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #26 on: 16 Jan 2009, 03:36:00 »
Well lets hear the feedback all! Here is some of mine, of course Spooner has already heard it.

- Allow "Notes" to placed in icons. Maybe even structure it a bit to allow player to make a SALUTE report (Size, Activity, Location (autodisplay with 8 digit support), Uniform, Time (auto), Equipment.

- Of course the goals you posted (moving icons)
- Input field to set the default icon size. Good for those achmm...tiny ACE markers.
- Command structure to have permissions to delete markers
- Deletion reports
- Allow disabling of in game text and require only SPON text to be used (would be selectable by mission maker)
- Auto BLUFOR Tracker markers in sync with command structure
- Return 8 digit coordinates for all features (You can already get 8 digit manually by using the grid).

Example (ACE For Sahrani/ Rahmadi or user made missions): 158 895 > 1584 8952
CTI SectorLink
Version: Beta 7
http://hosted.filefront.com/Spyder001/

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #27 on: 16 Jan 2009, 07:59:58 »
I know we've discussed adding extra information to markers before. Definitely something that interests me and a SALUTE of commonly added info might be useful. Something to consider for 0.7.0 though, since I can't change the data structure of messages without making the new version incompatible with the current 0.6.0 version that doesn't use this extra data.

It does make sense to keep deleted items in the log, at least for a little while, since although one of SPON Map's significant features is that it does tell you who placed a marker and when (and will, when I implement dragging, tell you who last moved it!), if a marker disappears in-game, you don't know who deleted it. Not sure of the exact way to implement or show this, but yes, I agree to this suggestion in theory. In the mean time, I suggest you try to "aim" your markers at only those you want to see them, so that you are less likely to have other people delete them. Remember that with SPON Map you can send a marker to an individual, another group or just to medics (among a lot of other specific targets) so you shouldn't have to send "side" messages very much any more, which can be seen and deleted by anyone.

I assume by deletion reports you mean a text message when a marker is deleted, just as you get a message when an urgent marker is placed (place a marker with text beginning with an exclamation mark, such as "!Tanks here"). This is certainly possible, but I prefer the idea of a less intrusive logged message, rather than spamming even more into the text chat.

I have considered disallowing deletion based on rank, but that could cause problems if your colonel disconnected after drawing on the map. No-one would then ever be able to delete those lines (even if the colonel reconnected, he wouldn't see the lines he drew, since SPON Map isn't JIP-updating yet, so couldn't delete them).

I have no idea what you mean by "disabling of in game text".

I did have 8-digit support knocking around at one point for those maps using 6-digit coordinates (and 6-digit coordinates shown for regular 4-digit maps), but I removed the feature, since I didn't want it as a default, fearing it would be considered an easy-mode. As you say, though, you can easily use the "realistic" method of using one of the grid overlays to work out the extra digit of accuracy anyway. My priority, for now, is to make sure that the coordinates given by SPON Map are accurate on all possible maps in the game (I hope this is true now, since SPON Map GPS values are based on reading map config, rather than knowing info about a specific list of maps, but I'm sure someone can find one that has unexpected config info in it). Not really sure when, or if, I'll reintroduce extended GPS values, but the more people that want it the more likely it will reappear (though it won't be a default setting).

I don't have any plans to integrate a unit tracker into Map. When I implement marker dragging, a manual tracker would effectively have been made, for example. You could also use a detection-based tracker like SPON Sensor or SPON HoloMap. SPON Map doesn't really know anything about your command structure (unlike, for example, SPON Status), so again, I don't really see that it is an appropriate Map component. Map is also MP/COOP focussed but a tracker is relevant in SP missions.

Offline USM-CPT.Dyson

• Members
« Reply #28 on: 17 Jan 2009, 05:26:26 »
When I said deletion report I meant in the log :P

As far as the disable in game text I meant this. Disable the in-game text and replace it was SPON Text. You would have a "log" just for text messages. I have and will always hate chat messages. They are annoying, they block me view, and they make taking screen shots hard. They also ruin immersion.

The tracker could be linked to the SPON Channels:

Code: [Select]
// 1st Squad Leader
case "WEST Rough Rider 1 -":
{
["1st Platoon"] call SPON_Map_joinChannel;
["1st Squad/1PLT"] call SPON_Map_joinChannel;
};

YOu could add a line in this manner

// 1st Squad Leader
case "WEST Rough Rider 1 -":
{
["1st Platoon"] call SPON_Map_joinChannel;
["1st Squad/1PLT"] call SPON_Map_joinChannel;
[markerType: "Squad", name: "1SQD/1PLT"];
};

No idea wtf I am talking about as far as that coding just giving an example.
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2009, 07:32:44 by Spooner »
CTI SectorLink
Version: Beta 7
http://hosted.filefront.com/Spyder001/

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #29 on: 17 Jan 2009, 07:44:44 »
Yeah, I would like to add an IM system to the normal part of the game (currently you can only send IMs from inside SPON Map). This would be opened with shift-/ Also a dedicated, filterable, log for IMs might be worthwhile (in addition to the use of regular chat area for messages). One of the many features I decided not to add, so I could actually release v0.6.0 this century ;P Since I can't really expect other people to switch to SPON IMs (and SPON IMs are all in upper-case, for a reason best known to BIS), I don't see that replacing, rather than extending, the regular chat makes a lot of sense.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #30 on: 22 Feb 2009, 17:48:53 »
Found another movie for SPON Map (old version, but still worth watching if you still aren't convinced that this script is invaluable)

SPON Map v0.5.0 @ Xfire (Unofficial video; thanks to Delta99)

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #31 on: 12 Mar 2009, 04:57:11 »
After a bit of a break from working on SPON Map, I'm having a good bash at it again. I'm currently working on a decent sized patch to the current version (v0.6.1 - many bug fixes and UI improvements) and then a big push for a proper new version (v0.7.0). Anyone who wants to report bugs or make suggestions; now is the time :clap:

SPON Map project - Read documentation, report bugs, suggest features, see the roadmap...

I have all my work up there with issue tracking systems, even though I'm not working on everything right now, of course, so you can report bugs and ask for new features for just about anything if it takes your fancy...

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: SPON Map v0.7.0 (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #32 on: 02 Jun 2009, 15:12:43 »
SPON Map v0.7.0

* Much more intuitive interface with more tooltips.
* New dynamic notepad.
* New digital clock and digital compass windows.
* Line thickness settings and lines stay at a constant width at any zoom level.
* Many other new features added and old bugs fixed.
* IMPORTANT NOTE: This version is not compatible with Arma 2, but will be the last version for Arma 1, barring hot-fixes, before I port to Arma 2.

* Online manual
* Features (recommended so you know how to use the new features and probably some old features you never knew about!).
* Download

Offline Knight Trane

• Members
« Reply #33 on: 02 Jun 2009, 17:38:49 »
This is my Init.sqf
finishmissioninit;
setviewdistance 3000;
ACE_Sys_Ruck_SpawnRuckItemsOnDeath = false;

//SPON stuff
[] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "SPON\Map\initMap.sqf";
[[west]] call SPON_Map_setResistanceAllies;
[6400] call SPON_Map_setMilsIn360Degrees;
[false] call SPON_Map_enableBISMap;

[] call SPON_Map_useAction;

I seem to be missing some text on a couple of buttons.  They're the two buttons at the bottom of the Marker text Dialog.  The one that pops up when you place a marker.  There's a text entry field, and below that theres are two buttons, side by side without text.

Also, I can't seem to get rid of, or reduce, the "Notepad" Dialog.

Love the the map though.

Thios is my Desc.ext
#include "SPON\Core\ui\core.hpp"
#include "SPON\Map\ui\map.hpp"

disabledAI = true;
respawn = "BASE";
respawnDelay = 5;
briefing = 0;
debriefing = 0;

showMap = 1;
showCompass = 1;
showGPS = 1;
showClock = 1;
showPad = 1;

Also, I can't seem to get rid of, or reduce, the "Notepad" Dialog.

Love the the map though.

Edited June 02, 2009, 07:07:20 PM

missed the "Stringable.csv" file.  All buttons have text now.

Still can't get rid of notepad.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2009, 20:09:46 by Knight Trane »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #34 on: 03 Jun 2009, 01:02:35 »
Yeah, that will probably be because you can't. Just drag it to the edge and ignore it ;)

Yes, I know it isn't ideal and I was planning to add that very functionality at some point. Basically, what you are getting is my current state of development, since I decided that I would port over to Arma2 and continue development only for that game. Until the release of Arma2, I was hoping to be able to easily make a system that would be able to be cross-compatible with Arma1 and 2, at least for a while until people had made the transition, but I think now I am better giving the Arma1 community what I have and then porting and working on an A2 system.

You'd also notice that the whole dynamic notepad system that I made for SPON Map is made somewhat obsolete by the extended map and radio system in Arma 2. Not really sure what I'll do, but I image that my notepad will be merged with the existing Arma 2 systems or be removed entirely. However, it might be very useful for those mission makers unable or unwilling to make the leap from Arma 1 any time soon...

Offline Knight Trane

• Members
« Reply #35 on: 03 Jun 2009, 15:39:42 »
Understood,

I thought I was doing something wrong.  Thanks for the effort.

I'm using the "script" form of SPON Map.  Is there a way to reposition the notepad so its not in the middle of the screen when you open it?

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #36 on: 03 Jun 2009, 17:32:38 »
Change:
Code: (SPON/Map/ui/notepad.hpp - centred) [Select]
#define SPON_MAP_NOTEPAD_X ((1 - SPON_MAP_NOTEPAD_WIDTH) / 2)
#define SPON_MAP_NOTEPAD_Y ((1 - SPON_MAP_NOTEPAD_HEIGHT) / 2)
To something that puts it mostly over one of the edges. e.g.
Code: (SPON/Map/ui/notepad.hpp - right edge) [Select]
#define SPON_MAP_NOTEPAD_X 0.9
#define SPON_MAP_NOTEPAD_Y ((1 - SPON_MAP_NOTEPAD_HEIGHT) / 2)
There is probably a script-based way to move it, but I can't think of it right off the bat (but that would also work with the addon version, so I'll see what I can do about that or adding a function that allows you to move and/or disable the notepad).

Offline Knight Trane

• Members
« Reply #37 on: 04 Jun 2009, 16:44:42 »
Thanks,
That worked a bunch.

Is there a setting I can change to enable ACE Colors?

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #38 on: 04 Jun 2009, 17:13:29 »
No, but just edit SPON/Core/ui/schema.hpp to affect the colours of all SPON-based dialogs.

Offline Knight Trane

• Members
« Reply #39 on: 09 Jun 2009, 15:08:24 »
Sorry for the late reply.

Quote from: Spooner
No, but just edit SPON/Core/ui/schema.hpp to affect the colours of all SPON-based dialogs.

I was wondering about how to change the available colors in the pallet.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #40 on: 10 Jun 2009, 01:29:51 »
There are several example schemas included in the download in the Schema directory, but if you look at one of the files, you'll see a list of colour definitions:
Code: (extract from schema.hpp) [Select]
#define SPON_COMBO_BOX_BACKGROUND_COLOUR { 0.8, 0.8, 0.8, 1 }
The four numbers are RED, GREEN, BLUE, and ALPHA (opaqueness) on a scale from 0 to 1. You just change the numbers you want to be different! I'm sure you can work it out from there.

Offline Knight Trane

• Members
« Reply #41 on: 10 Jun 2009, 16:34:46 »
THanks Spooner,
I'll play around with it.