Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: kool mision concept need help w/ storyline  (Read 1325 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
kool mision concept need help w/ storyline
« on: 07 Jul 2007, 22:26:43 »
lets use da missions: discussions in da old classic way it was used in OFPEC  ;)  :D

i had an idea strikin me about after watchin 1 of em st00pid movies w/ flashbacks  :blink:

lets make a flshbacks mision... now prob is im outta insperation 4 da mision story  ::)  :D so i remembered dis topic (its kool read it) now i dont wanna do somin like dat... but i need help developin da story... no real rules but lets keep it not st00pid kk ???  :cool2:

so heres my idea... player is SLA commander who just started da invasion... now here couple of things dat we can use as flashacks 2 change da mision status

1) a flashback dat decides if da resistance helps da player or is against him

2) a flashback dat decides if da players squad has more ammo or is more veter or stuff

3) flashback dat indicates if da player has some support between da citizens (enabling recruits)

and stuff like dat... now im aimin 4 bout 5/6 flashbacks... but i need some ideas on how da story wud go... ny1 has sometin original ???

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline MOABner

• Members
Re: kool mision concept need help w/ storyline
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jul 2007, 14:44:41 »
Hey LCD!  I saw this thread and I agree, it would be a cool way to tell a story in ArmA, and thought I would throw in my two cents worth.  One question though, these are flashbacks the player can influence actively, within the normal mission, or just watch them happen with cutscenes?  If they are active, here's my ideas, which would cascade and echo through the subsequent flashbacks.

Flashback #1

The SLA commander, before he arose to his current rank, had a younger brother that leaned to the opposite side of the political fence, and depending on how the commander treated his kid brother, who is now one of the Resistance's leaders, should sway the kid brother one way or the other. Perhaps one thing the SLA commader will have to do in mission flashback is make a moral judgement on something, for instance.  The SLA have captured a Resistance spy who answers to the player's brother and must decide between 3 options; execute him, exhange him for ammo or supplies, or interrogate & flip him to be a counteragent.  You could do it all with triggers I think depending on what the player chooses.  The first option would elimanate the Resistance ever helping the player out.  The second one would improve relations dramatically with the Resistance seeing as how he'd be negotiating with his brother for the spy's exchangablilty options, perhaps even a joining of forces.  The third one doesn't help or hinder the relationship on the surface, but underneath, it would give the SLA added intel on extra supplies, enemy composition, and such.  One gets him no help, Second gives him help with possible cooperation, Third gives him secret info that the player can exploit how he sees fit, without the need for direct help.

I hope that made some sense? :dunno:

Flashback #2

This would tie in with the the second choice in Flashback #1. If the player chose to negotiate for supplies, and or help, insert Flashback #2 here in detail i.e. exactly what the player got back in return.  New arms and ammo become available when the player reaches a point on the map specified by the Resistance, and or a squad of guys to add into the mix for another attack prong on an upcoming objective, perhaps even capable of a surprise attack on the enemy.  Also, if the player chose the third option in Flashback #1, that could influence his SLA forces somehow to be more veteranish in skill due to advance intel, or more recruitish in skill if that option was not chosen.   

Flashback #3

This could also tie in to Flashback #1 too.  If the first option was chosen, execution of the spy, that would intimidate the citizenry into doing certain things to help out, on the surface, but who knows if they're really helping?  If option 2 was taken, they would help the SLA out more readily, due to the player's openess to negotiation, and win more hearts and minds to the SLA's cause.  But if the player choses the more secretive option 3, the player could have his cake and eat it too, through the intel gained from the counteragent, he could see who among the citizens he should recruit, and who he should get rid of, or failing that, not accept help from them at all. 

That's all I could think of right now, I'd like to hear what you think before I move on to Flashbacks #4-6.  Anyways, good idea for a mission though LCD.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: kool mision concept need help w/ storyline
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2007, 23:04:39 »
I LIKE DAT  :D  :cool2:  :good:  :yes:  :clap:

yeah dats exactly da direction im lookin into :D

i know how 2 script dat stuff dont wory bout it :D ;) all i need is help w/ da storyline  :D so continue w/ ur story and ill think bout it ;)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta