Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC - Community's Mission  (Read 11522 times)

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
OFPEC - Community's Mission
« on: 06 Sep 2004, 00:29:05 »
OFPEC - Community's Mission

Do you know the game where for example a classroom of children get a piece of paper and they all write a few sentences on it. The kid after another always adds his own input to the piece of paper and so a story is born. Then the teacher reads the stroy out loud and everyone has fun.  :)

"OFPEC - Community's Mission" is an idea like that. Everyone in the OFP community adds a few sentences to a story which will finally make a plot to a mission. The mission will be featuring some of the regular and veteran people here at OFPEC and once finished it should be a fun and exciting mission for everyone.

The idea has started from LCD and he is responsible for all the editing aspects of the mission. The first thread dedicated to this idea was a disaster dispite of LCD's efforts to keep it on topic and serious.
Below you'll see a short list of rules that apply to this thread. They will be enforced and all posts heavily moderated. Because we all like the ideawe don't want to ruin the thread, do we? No we don't.

• Same person may not make two posts in a row. If a person makes a posts in this thread he must wait for at least two others to add theirs before making another post.
  • The sentences you write must be connected to the ones posted before you.
  • The post you make should only contain the sentences connected to the plot and absolutely nothing else.
  • Keep the plot serious. You know what's stupid - don't post it.
  • Only post in color. You can get red color with YaBB tag text[./color] without the dot in the later tag.

• Posts in violation to these rules will be deleted without a notice and the member will receive a formal warning.

Everything is up to you and the outcome has a little bit of everyone of us in it. LCD has prepared some loose frames for the situation to keep it together.

Artak = Player (russian side)
    Noon = American commander
    Asmodeus = Drug cartel leader
    Kaliyuga = Drug cartel member
    LCD = Resistance John Rambo
    snYpir = American sniper
    Armstrong = russian private (the n00biets rookie of them all)
    Sefe = russian commander/dictator
    toadlife = Island's governor
    KTottE = American Intel commander
    Macguba = Resistance sniper

Island = Nogova
    Sides =
    West (providing support for the government forces against invading Russians)
    East (Russians invading Nogova)
    Resistance (Russian side communists)

Situation = Sussian invasion started 2 days ago, and they are holding the airport to the west and the areas around it, Resistance supporting the Russians, are hiding in some forests around the area

Player = Russian Spec Op

So remember the above when posting. Keep it fun but serious and we'll have a mighty fine mission at the end.  ;)
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2004, 01:12:13 by Artak »
Not all is lost.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:OFPEC - Community's Mission
« Reply #1 on: 06 Sep 2004, 00:34:33 »
hour = 22:30
location = Russiand occupied Airport, HQ tent
Weather = Light rain

Artak has just entered, and he finds sefe waiting for him inside, meeting with sefe is not regular thing so there most be important reason, Artak gets inside salutes and wait silently untill sefe stops looking at the maps and start talking....

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 06 Sep 2004, 00:51:12 »
"It's a nightmare."   said Sefe bluntly.    "Our armoured spearhead isn't armoured anymore because of this wretched American air superiority.     We've lost contact with the Resistance teams behind the enemy lines - atmospherics, damaged kit at their end, who knows.     And to cap it all I've been lumbered with this kid Armstrong.  No, you don't need to know who is really is. "

Artak flinched.   His mind ran over the possibilities of what might be coming next .... mostly they ended with a visit to the Lubyanka."
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #3 on: 06 Sep 2004, 01:17:06 »
"Artak, here's what I need you to do.." Sefe continued. "We need to be able to bomb the Northern airfield controlled by the Americans, and to do that we need the help of our long time friend in the Resistance, LCD". Now Sefe had Artak's full attention, as LCD was a known demolitions expert in the Resistance. ...
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2004, 01:17:16 by Artak »
Not all is lost.

Matt Walter

« Reply #4 on: 06 Sep 2004, 05:25:02 »
Sefe continued, "There is one problem, LCD was captured when trying to blow up an American base."
"So you want me to get him out Sir?" Artak replied.

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #5 on: 06 Sep 2004, 10:45:41 »
"Precisely" replied Sefe, "but the tricky part is he's being held under tight security by a crack detachment of Special Forces".

Sefe edged foward in his chair and placed a heap of files on the table, "Homefry, one of our top Spec Ops, has been in position with macguba, the only one left from a resistance recon squad, they've been watching the base for 16 hours so far and have noticed brutal effiecency with guard changes and operations, these guys are the real deal, getting LCD out of there is going to be hard work".

"So im here cause you think i can get the job done?" Artak asked quietly.

A sly grin formed on Sefe's face, "I dont think you can, i know you can."
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2004, 14:06:43 by Tim Pink »
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 06 Sep 2004, 11:40:23 »
23:00
American controlled 'Northern Airfield'

In the meantime:
"Report, KTottE!" snapped Noon.

"Sir! Constant aerial sorties have depleted the Russian armour severely", KTottE proclaimed proudly. "Their main lines have been weakened almost to the point of collapse in several key areas and due to that we expect to force a breach soon. The area we expect to break first is around Hill 91 southwest of Figari, within 48 hours at this rate."

"Excellent, excellent", Noon nodded in approval. "What of the reports about this incessant Resistance movement?"

"Our best marksman, snYpir, has been out on recon for the last 3 days. I have him waiting outside ready to report in person what he's found."

"Send him in" Noon ordered.
KTottE beckoned to the guard at the door, who opened it to allow snYpir's quick march in.

« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2004, 11:40:58 by Noon416 »
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #7 on: 06 Sep 2004, 12:12:15 »
"Ahh SnYpir, i hope you've got some more good news for me"

SnYpir moved slowly to the window and stared at the troops bustling around outside.
"The resistance is planning something, something big".

"What???" snapped Noon416

"There has been substantial troop movement around Mirov and i found traces of two people who i beleieve were part of a recon element prowling around there yesterday".

"Mirov, What is of value at Mirov??", a look of confusion crossed Noon416's face.

SnYpir turned around to face the commander, "We've got a small base built around the houses on top of the hill overlooking the town, a small detachment of SFOD-D is currently stationed there".

"Ahh, yes, but what do they hope to accomplish by attacking that??, it is such a small base and to attack a Delta encampment would be suicide, they know that".

"And they also know that were holding LCD there" SnYpir replied as he turned and stared back out the window.

"Shit, he must be there target, SnYpir, i want you to take a squad over there  and double security at the base, we cant let LCD get away, to do so would seriously cripple our war effort and give the enemy a formidable advantage" there was a short pause as SnYpir moved around infront of the commanders desk, "Understood soldier?"  Noon416 asked.

"Yes Sir" snapped SnYpir as he salluted, and with a quick turn he marched back out the door.
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2004, 12:21:09 by Tim Pink »
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #8 on: 06 Sep 2004, 12:55:41 »
Rules note:
Remeber that same person should only post after two other persons have posted before him. This means that in max every 4th post can be from the same person.

If you use characters in your posts, try to use the ones mentioned in the first post. Add new ones only if you don't find a suitable character from the list.

Let's try to keep the posts a bit shorter if possible.  :)
Not all is lost.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #9 on: 06 Sep 2004, 13:04:33 »
23:30
russian controlled airport

Artak just finished arming his small 3 men spetz natz team and they took they KLR bikes (stolen american property) and went on their way to meet homfrey and macgube...

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2004, 17:23:49 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #10 on: 06 Sep 2004, 14:40:57 »
Just getting to the cut off scouts Homefry and macguba near Mirov is a difficult task itself. The infamous druglord Asmodeus and his right hand Kaliyuga have been rampaging the Frymburg, Slapy and Kost triangle for the past few days. The Nogovan governor Toadlife is ripping his hair out because of all of this in his office at Petrovice. Still as Sefe said, the safest route to the vicinity of Mirov from Mala ves, the operations HQ, is through the demilitarized Petrovice road..
Not all is lost.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #11 on: 06 Sep 2004, 15:53:34 »
A summary of the situation.     I propose that green is reserved for summaries.

Russians

The initial Russian "break in" to Nogova has been successful, but the "break out" from the beachhead has taken a mauling from the USAF.    Artak (the player), having been briefed by Sefe his CO, is leaving the Russian base at the western airport with his spetz natz team.    Armstrong may or may not be part of it, we don't know.    His orders are to get through the American front line and make contact with the Resistance and free LCD.  (See below.)    

Resistance (Russian ally)

LCD, a demolitions expert, was captured while trying to blow up the American airfield in the north.   macguba (Resistance sniper) and Homefry (Russian spec op) , spotted the capture and followed when he was taken to a Delta force base just outside Mirov.    They are now observing the Delta base.   We don't know if they are aware that snYpir has been tracking them.

Americans (ally to the Nogovan Government)

Noon, the US commander based at the northern airfield, is satisfied.    According to his Intelligence Chief KTottE the Russians have been weakened by air strikes.   They expect to break through the Russian lines within 48 hours, probably around Hill 91 SW of Figari.    The fact that Figari is on Everon, not Nogova, and Hill 91 is SE not SW of it, seems to have escaped his attention.   snYpir, a counterinsurgency scout, reports that he has discovered traces of a Resistance party near Mirov and suspects that an attempt will be made to rescue LCD.   Noon appreciates the importance of LCD and orders snYpir to take a squad over to the Delta base and double the guard.

Nogovan Government  (US ally)

toadlife, the Governor, is in his office at Petovice which is in the demilitarised zone.      He is concerned by the success of the druglords.

Drug cartel

Asmodeus and Kaliyuga, druglords, have taken advantage of the situation and are rampaging over the Frymburg, Slapy and Kost area.

All the characters listed in the original post have now been mentioned in the story.

« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2004, 22:44:37 by Artak »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #12 on: 06 Sep 2004, 16:16:44 »
at that very moment American forces try to set up a road block near Petrovice. In return for Toadlife's permission to have an American missile site on the Island, the American have agreed to take the war on drugs to Nogova. They plan to capture Asmodeus tonight. .....
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2004, 16:19:25 by MachoMan »
Get those missions out there you morons!

djackl

« Reply #13 on: 06 Sep 2004, 16:38:27 »
24:00
American controlled 'Northern Airfield'

Noon addresses his rear guard, the 22nd Armoured Infantry Division.

Noon : "According to intel, the first area of the Russian line to break will be hill 91 SW of Figari. Thus, your division shall be used to shatter that area of the Russian line. Don't worry, you will receive air cover all the way, and I'm sure your first combat experience shall be a successful one."

djackl says to himself
(sorry for putting myself in, there wasn't a dumbass American navigator in the list) : "Hmm...I didnt realise that the Russians were on Everon too. Oh well...."

Noon : "Ok guys, go out there and do your country proud."

24:05 Inside M113 en route to Everon

M113 driver : "Ok, navigator, tell me which direction we need to go to get to figari! Sorry if my driving is a little off, I'm new at this."

djackl : "Yes sir, The direction to go is due west."

(Few minutes pass on land, then splash.)

M113 driver : "Navigator, you sure you know where you're going? After all, we have an entire division of M113s following us."

djackl : "We are directly on course sir, about 50 miles to go until we reach our objective......."
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2004, 16:42:27 by djackl »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #14 on: 06 Sep 2004, 16:43:14 »
The Spetz Natz team, containing Artak, Armsty and General Barron, descised as americans sees the roadblock all too late. [It would be cool if you had like a dialog script here so you had to bluff your way out of the road block, if you fail you have to shoot your way out.]

I think this roadblock should be randomized for replay value.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2004, 17:40:20 by The Real Armstrong »