Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Accepted) Mando Chaser  (Read 7992 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
(Accepted) Mando Chaser
« on: 07 Apr 2007, 21:27:54 »
mando_chaser.sqf in action.
Do you remember DUEL by Spielberg? Well, much more effective and hilarious than that old truck :D

It creates the indicated vehicle or uses an existing one to pursue and kill a list or units, well, in fact, the murdering unit is quite more interested into the drivers of these units. It will pursue and hit the vehicles until their drivers get out, then it will pursue and kill them too.

You may find it quite adequate to recreate vehicle vs vehicle accidents or whatever else you may have in mind.

Enjoy  :D

EDIT:
Updated to v1.1

EDIT:
Added a new mission without camera following the vehicle (mando_chaser_nc) and invoke.sqf so you may invoke the real devil chaser at will  :D

EDIT June 17:
mando_chaser.sqf updated to v1.1, movement adjusted to be more realistic with 1.08 physics
invoke.sqf updated to v1.1, now it tracks correctly the number of alive drivers
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2007, 18:42:57 by hoz »

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
Re: Mando Chaser
« Reply #1 on: 07 Apr 2007, 22:06:39 »
Unbelievable, that's what I call accurate driving.
It looks like it's driven by a human, very impressive  :good:

Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #2 on: 08 Apr 2007, 17:34:18 »
Thats very good.

Keep up the great scripts you make, they are brilliant.

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #3 on: 08 Apr 2007, 22:07:15 »
This really is brilliant, as well as highly amusing.  I need to through it line by line so I fully understand the vector commands.  Thanks alot!

This leads one to believe that it is possible to script AI choppers to "thread the needle" flying down a city street, between buildings, etc.
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 08 Apr 2007, 22:44:34 »
About the choppers, something was already done for OFP and it should be still compatible with ArmA: Mando Air

« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2007, 16:59:22 »
Out of curiosity, how difficult would it be to modify that so they keep a fixed distance from what they're moving to?

If that would be realitivly simple, it could be adapted to an easy to use convoy script that prevents the AI from going retarded like it does now.
Everything I have released for ARMA can be found here.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2007, 21:51:19 »
As simple as immediate.

Offline satexas69

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2007, 04:52:20 »
Is currently the only way to use this script is via a manual invoke?

Is there any way to make it a radio trigger so that way we can use it in triggers for our missions? That would be ubercool...

Russ

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2007, 13:15:37 »
Satexas, you may execute mando_chaser.sqf from anywhere (sripts, triggers, waypoints activations, eventhanderls, etc.). What do you mean with manual invoke?

Offline satexas69

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2007, 23:47:47 »
Mando,

I should have been  more clear, and then played with it.

What I would like to do in a couple of my "fun" missions, is set up a few triggers to where when that trigger fires, it sets off a mando chaser police car (the new one in 1.08) as against the human squad playing the mission. (IE player "soldier1, soldier2, soldier3, soldier4, etc)

I think it would be a fun odd twist.

Russ

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 15 Jun 2007, 00:09:17 »
Just execute the mando_chaser script in the activation field of these triggers, there should not be any problem with that.

Offline satexas69

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 15 Jun 2007, 09:57:56 »
I seem to be having a little trouble.

I'm trying to do a basic execution of a tank chasing me using a basic trigger.

This syntax is incorrect - what is the correct syntax for executing a script with switches like this in a tigger's activation field?

This is what I did (that doesn't work)

ON ACT:  ["M1Abrams", getMarkerPos "mk_chaser", 90, objNull, Ua1, 40,10, 60, 7] execVM "mando_chaser.sqf"

I think what I'm after is your invoke script modified where it's activated/executed by a trigger so I can set the variables in the invokesqs as needed. Also, the invoke.sqs script would need to be modified to remove the camera elements (obviously) - since I won't be needing/using that.

That invoke.sqs is good because of the way it goes after the players, checks for dead, has your funny sounds, and uses the "effects" you set up (neat stuff).

Any help, I'd appreciate! :)
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2007, 10:06:14 by satexas69 »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: 15 Jun 2007, 10:25:04 »
You may modify invoke script at will but your problem is related to execVM in activation fields of wps or triggers, a return value is needed:

return = [blah, blah, blah]execVm"scriptname.sqf"

This return value is not needed if you use execVM within scripts.

Offline satexas69

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 15 Jun 2007, 10:51:34 »
I put in a return value, but I get the following error.

I used this as my syntax in the trigger:

Code: [Select]
return = ["M1Abrams", getMarkerPos "mk_chaser", 90, objNull, Ua1, 40,10, 60, 7] execVM "mando_chaser.sqf"
("Ua1" is the name of the player to chase)

I'm 'assuming' that I don't care what the return value actually is, so I just used "return".. correct?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 15 Jun 2007, 11:29:15 »
Yep, you should not care about the return, but you should care about script's arguments, as targets is the array of targets to pursue, in your case a single one: [Ua1]

return = ["M1Abrams", getMarkerPos "mk_chaser", 90, objNull, [Ua1], 40,10, 60, 7] execVM "mando_chaser.sqf"