Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP]The Tiptoe Boys  (Read 12225 times)

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
Re: [SP]The Tiptoe Boys updated BETA version 5
« Reply #45 on: 03 Jun 2007, 02:11:38 »
Hey Shark, I like that you restricted the engineer explosions further:

enginners  only  explode  if  hit  in torso

It may not be worth it to you, but you could restrict it even further to backshots only, by using killed eventhandlers, and comparing the dir of the shooter, and the dir of the victim engineer.  If the dirs are the same or close (plus or minus X degrees), then the engineer's back is to the shooter. 

I loved that in Half-life's Opposing Force, the first time i accidentally shot my engineer ai buddy with the blow torch tank on his back, and it exploded (only if you shot the tank though).  Surprises like that are totally cool.

I think you could also elevate the explosion to the level of where the mine is.  The problem there is you get to the age-old ofp problem of how do you detect stance?  Unless you forced the engineers to always stand....
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: [SP]The Tiptoe Boys updated BETA version 5
« Reply #46 on: 03 Jun 2007, 04:13:24 »
mate  that sounds   cool ...
but  establishing  a shot  in the  torso proved  to be difficult  enough ...
only  sussed it  thanx  to  LCD

any assistance  would  be  great !
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2007, 04:25:56 by shark attack »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: [SP]The Tiptoe Boys REVIEW PLEASE
« Reply #47 on: 06 Jun 2007, 22:20:52 »
waiting for patch 108  before review
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2007, 07:56:35 by shark attack »

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
Re: [SP]The Tiptoe Boys
« Reply #48 on: 08 Jun 2007, 07:13:42 »
Dammit Shark, first you make me miss a bike ride due to your mission, and now you are delaying me finishing my Tango mission because I loved your Engineer Mine script, I couldn't leave it alone.

I enhanced your Engineer Mine Exploding script as follows:

- Explosion occurs at height of mine.
- Mine height dependent on unit stance--stand, crouch, prone (thanks to Mandoble's stance detection script).
- If standing or crouched, explosion at engineers back propels body forward.
- If prone, explosion causes body to "bounce"
- If standing, fall forward death animation forced (since explosion at back).

See attached sample mission and let me know what you think.  Tweak the _speed parameter if you want bodies to fly further.

If you like the enhancements, how about we submit it to the Editing Center as a collaboration?

P.S.  I think its possible to tweak further so that mine only explodes if shot from behind, but to do that the script has to know who the shooter is.  The dammaged event handler does not know who the shooter is.  But the Killed event handler does.  But the killed eventhandler doesn't know what part of body was hit...so I gave up on that for now.  Plus its pretty cool to shoot the guy when he's facing you, and then the body flies at you!  :D

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #49 on: 08 Jun 2007, 14:00:25 »
sounds good johnny ... pleased  you enjoyed ... credit  must go to LCD  for help establishing hit zone(head  body)
will have a look ... :good:
=======
« Last Edit: 08 Jun 2007, 16:34:31 by shark attack »

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
« Reply #50 on: 24 Jun 2007, 03:38:30 »
Shark, have you checked out the script yet?  Any suggestions for improvement? 

Once you give me the ok, I will post it to the scripting beta forum as a contribution by Shark Attack, JohnnyBoy, and special thanks to LCD for location hit.

I'm adding it into my Last Tango In Bagango mission now.   :D

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #51 on: 25 Jun 2007, 15:09:40 »
a final  play test  before submitting for review  would be greatly appreciated   :good:
================================================

@johnnyboy
script  is cool  mate  ... nice  job ...
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2007, 15:11:19 by shark attack »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #52 on: 30 Jun 2007, 12:43:40 »
ill play dis 1 tomoz... dis time ill finish it tho ;)

gimme 24 hrs nd ull have nice n shiny report :D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

« Reply #53 on: 30 Jun 2007, 23:49:59 »
HI shark attack!

I tested today your mission! Was exciting and joined mission: has to observe really!!! You built well the ground up and  you placed well the enemy.

Intro does corretly doing, but I felt so, that it's a little short. The camera movement is very good, I really liked it!

Briefing: I know badly in English, but the task was I mean.

Mission: I breaked beginning the mission, because I shoot the SLA guards. Came along the alarming and so the general escaped :(! Hereupon I cleaned the radar stations guard. Wasn't a light work, because they were really skilled. I infiltrated into the town and into silent action I started it between the houses. The objective was difficult, because really well you inserted the enemy into the houses, on housetop snipers and searchlights.
(A good idea was the first aid ;)!) I found the computer after a long time! I escaped at the end of the mission by the airplane.

Outro: I missed it! ;)

Conclusion: The voices are really good, they really hype the feel up! The SLA soldiers I seemed to be a static in the town: I would place more moving patrols in the town. The minefield script is good idea and deadly... :) Overall very good job, congratulations! :good:

Some pics from your mission:

Situation map

Guards on the computer...

...who died shortly.

Mission complete!

bye, 101

P.S.: If they don't see the mission at the beginning, will not the general escape?

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #54 on: 01 Jul 2007, 03:22:01 »
@ 101 : wow... never saw ny1 takin so meny pics 4 a beta test :D keep up da good work ;)  :good:

@ shark attack heres my beta resaults

da mision is more or less finished all da comments i have r really minor :D it does need patience (or a lot of saves playin @ cadet  ::)) but its kinda fun ;) :D

so comments comments comments

1) u shud probably remove da game loaded hint dat appears on every load nd @ start of mision

2) da what was dat sound is a neat touch... da volume is lil 2 high 4 me tho... i cud him scream dat from 100 meters away easily

3) i also sugest makin da mision start a lil later... i did have my gamma 2 much up (changed it tho ;)) but it seems 2 start w/ still a lil light on da west (sun seting)

4) i sill suggest dat when da player finds da map update da objectives 2 have links 2 da positions on map (pos of PC nd pos of general)... to do so hide da objectives and make objectives w/ link appear

5) do u use a script dat simulates a jeep goin outta control when driver is shot ? or did da jeep i ambush just went on spinnin around w/ driver dead just 4 fun  :dunno:  ::)

6) i suggest swichin da civies (general's bodyguards ?) 2 east units in da mision.sqm cuz dey look like civies in da map on cadet mode... dey also come out as civies in da misions debriefing

7) mebe edit a lil da detection rule 2 check if soldiers r close 2 a body... i shot som1 nd da soldier near him ignored it

8) after alarm is sound it seems u have a stray soldier still patroling (or mebe he is still at slow speed... it makes him look like he doesnt know deres alarm)

9) da chopper seems 2 get stuck a lil in da air (did u intend it 2 happen ?) i just shut it down when it stopped

10) delete da hint "hind" wen chopper is down

11) remove da disttres signal hint... da player can very well guess if deres alaram (all em flares and soldiers runnin around)... also if da near island aint sendin reinforcments dere no need 2 mention it

12) have da driver of da jeep go out if i kill da gunner... he aint helpful alone

13) add a lil part in breifing explainin how da airstriek wroks... (i actually didnt try it cuz i didnt need 2  ::) but still... players r dumb :D)

14) mebe have silva run out of his office only after da choper lands... cuz now da poor sob just run into my line of sight when i was lookin 4 him... b4 da choper arrived even

15) have some of da soldiers wearin NVGs... dey r usually practicly blind w/o it... mebe have only squad leaders nd special force soldiers have em or someting (also snipers come 2 think bout it)

16) i didnt have ny option 2 free da prisioners ? did i miss somting ?

17) mebe removin da shark attack presents marker from da map... if da player didnt figure u did it up in oder way... he wont figure dat by lookin on da map also

dats bout it :D

LCD OUT

[edit] ohh yeah... movin patrols can b good idea... maybe use kronzkys script :D
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2007, 03:23:36 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #55 on: 01 Jul 2007, 14:53:39 »
thanx  101 for the  wonderfull  post  ..  excellent  stuff mate (nice  pics ) and  LCD  will  take a look in editor at  points  raised.. :)

thanx  again  guys .. nice  one    :good:
===========================

update   
@LCD
fixed   change  generals  bodyguard to especas    ... 
fixed  if either  radio tower is destroyed within 30  seconds of detection or before  detection  no  call for extraction  can be made
so the "distress signal sent to mainland  hint  becomes  more  relevant "...
detection script  only  works  with perimeter  patrols  will look into tweaking it
finding  the  map  says  it all ..  you  must   use it ... dont  wanna  link  to briefing  page
will add notes on airstrike ...
thanx  for  headsup  on  hints  from editing  ie  "hind" ..

thanx  for  comments  :good:  nice  one  mate !

« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2007, 09:49:02 by shark attack »

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: [SP]The Tiptoe Boys - ready to review -
« Reply #56 on: 28 Jul 2007, 09:50:03 »
fixed  and ready to review
================
removed cheat trigger  which  i had  left in the last version     :whistle:

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #57 on: 29 Jul 2007, 01:53:05 »
Will review this one.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #58 on: 12 Aug 2007, 11:19:48 »
Review completed

What are your thoughts on this mission? Feel free to let us know.
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2008, 12:18:51 by Cheetah »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!