Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP]The Tiptoe Boys  (Read 12103 times)

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: [SP]The Tiptoe Boys part II final version
« Reply #30 on: 18 May 2007, 20:20:56 »
hi mate  hope i havnt spoilt mission  ... hidden objectives ...
but they are worth a look ... check the mission notes ... extra points for finding them ...

edit
====

fixed problem with silvas  extraction chopper
« Last Edit: 19 May 2007, 12:27:33 by shark attack »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
« Reply #31 on: 21 May 2007, 20:57:21 »
hey Shark Attack,

Sorry for getting back so much later (crazy time at work).

Anyway, I definitely liked this mission best of everything you've submitted for AA so far.  The extra touches you put in, from the flares to the map to the radio chatter in the hut, really created a good atmosphere. There are lots of "Black Ops" style missions out there but this one stood out as fun, immersive and i really enjoyed it. My friend played for a bit too and liked it.  I don't want to repeat a lot of the other positive comments but definitely liked it and the many scripts and all was worth it :)  :good:

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #32 on: 21 May 2007, 21:37:00 »
hey mate  ... thanx  again  for feedback  :good:

pleased you enjoyed it  ...

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
« Reply #33 on: 22 May 2007, 22:48:33 »
oh yeh and Shark Attack, forgot to mention i love the death outro too. very nice extra touch! 

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #34 on: 23 May 2007, 03:16:03 »
I'm pissed at you for making me miss a mtn bike ride on a nice sunny day.  I thought I would knock out your mission in an hour or so, and five hours later...no more time for bike ride, dammit!

This may be the best black op mission I've played (and I don't usually like black op missions).  Very well thought out.

- Sentry pairs with flares.  Smart.  Better drop them both fast, or you are in trouble.
- Nice how some objectives not in briefing.  This rewards free thinking.
- First aid script rocks.
- Air evac for officer adds urgency. 
- Base well laid out.  Good use of roofs, but not overdone.
- Voice acting pretty good.

One minor bug:  The Transfer Data script stayed available after I transfered the data (and primary objective was ticked off), and the big "Transfer Data" text showed on screen for rest of mission.  It may be because I ran it a second time accidentally before it fiinished.

Great moments:
- First time second sentry popped a flare on me.
- Hiding in a bush as sentry walked within 2 meters.
- Getting lit up by a friggin cannon point blank.
- House to house fighting in base.

You are probably finished with the mission, and it is great as is, but here are a couple suggestions anyway:

1. 3 guards sitting by 3 tents are statues.  Maybe an occasional look around, or cough, or a cigarette, or quiet conversation.
2. Not sure if enemy alerted to my presence near the radio tower seemed fair.  I wasted the 3 dudes without them firing a shot, and then hit the dirt, but after 10 seconds or so, the alert would happen.  I had saved right before wasting these guys, and did it over and over, and 1 in 10 times the alert did not happen (so I moved on from that save). 
3. Also, it seemed funny that the mainland was radioed after I blew the tower and wasted the 3 guards.  I thought I disrupted their communication?
4. In base, I thought I saw a loon spawn when smoke was thrown.  Maybe I was mistaken.  But its bad for immersion to witness a spawn.

Confession:  I still haven't beat it.  I've saved after wasting officer and transferring data.  Now I have to make my way to the boat.  More to look forward to.
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #35 on: 23 May 2007, 20:04:37 »
hi johhny  sorry about the bike ride ...  :)
pleased  you enjoyed  mission though ...

i  tested  the mission  a lot  and  the only time i had trouble with data download was when i also  pressed action again   before download was complete ... thought  id fixed it  ... will remove the action sooner  from player ..

i havnt used  any spawn scripts  so   dont think  what you seen was a respawn  maybe units are  positioned to close together ...

nice  idea  about  guys around  the camp fires ...  especially like the cigarette ( or maybe a blazing saddles style fart fest to add a little humour)

getting  detected  at the  radio  tower   you  must of been seen   there is a radio in the huts  check it out
a loon  must of getin a message away before you slotted him ..

you  seriously  disrupted enemy communications  however  you didnt destroy them ... there are 3 towers
a tall order i know ...

many  thanx  johhny  for taking  the time  to post feedback 
will  have another look in editor  and adress the points you  raised ...
 ...   if i can ever return the favour  just let me know  ... :good:

tip   for  johhny ...
============
try the airstrike  which will only become available  when you have safley downloaded data   ... you SHOULD be safe if you remain next to the cpu ... a big  help   for the escape  ...  also  the boat isnt the only way off the island  ...  General Silva  has a vintage aircraft  in storage  on the island  (check intel  page )

ps     has  anyone  freed the prisoners  yet ?   
« Last Edit: 23 May 2007, 20:20:42 by shark attack »

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #36 on: 24 May 2007, 16:56:58 »
or maybe a blazing saddles style fart fest to add a little humour)

Now thats a great idea!  Better implement it fast, or I'm using it in my next mission...

ps     has  anyone  freed the prisoners  yet ? 

I accidentally wasted one.  Any head in a window was fair game.  But when I went in that building I went up to the remaining live prisoner, and was hoping I could rescue him, but nothing happened.  No new action appeared for me.

Code: [Select]
check it out a loon  must of getin a message away before you slotted him ..
It would be cool if I could hear him sending the message...unless that's what the radio chatter I heard when I first approached was.

if i can ever return the favour  just let me know
It would be great if you could check out Last Tango in Bagango, for me, and give some feedback! :)
« Last Edit: 24 May 2007, 16:58:29 by johnnyboy »
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #37 on: 24 May 2007, 18:49:38 »
hi johhny   consider it done

i take it  you  started  from  the south  of island  not the east ??
nb 
both  prisoners  must be alive  for rescue  ... you  kill one of them  the other  wont  shout  for help 
he  gotta trust  you  ...  know  youre  a good  guy  ...
« Last Edit: 24 May 2007, 23:07:12 by shark attack »

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #38 on: 27 May 2007, 13:52:32 »
updated
problem with download action  fixed (cheers johnny)
« Last Edit: 27 May 2007, 20:51:04 by shark attack »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Re: [SP]The Tiptoe Boys part II
« Reply #39 on: 30 May 2007, 07:05:36 »
Here's my (partial) BETA review of TIPTOE BOYS II - V3.
Apologies if I am repeating anything that has allready been said.
I will update it when i get more sleep  :cool2:

Overview: Put a Capital E on the beginning. and a full stop after 'forces'
Good picture, short and too the point information. Overall a good, text book overview.

Intro: Good camera work here Shark, a very nice flyby of the base. One little niggle though, the time of day of the intro should, imo, match the time at which the player will be playing the mission. Good music, sets a nice atmosphere.
For me there was no distinguishment between when the objective descriptions were finished and when a story, if it were, kicked in. Maybe a black out and fade in or something here maybe nice.  Over something else.....
You could add more camera work on the enemy, possibly a look at the player readying-up for the mission at hand. Something to add more flavour to the Intro. speech maybe?

Briefing: I think you should split up the first objective into 3 seperate ones. This way the player doesn't have to... well it just looks better in my eyes. The optional objective should be at the bottom, as optional objective's are seperate from the main objectives (extraction if i remember?).
There is no need for the '(click)' text next to the Situation Report and other link.

General Ramirez information: A good mugshot there of the General, nice short descriptive infomation too. Put a Full Stop after 'Banango' and change 'Many' to 'many' .

Notes:

Spelling errors: recovered, you're, safely, An, you're .

Put a full stop after 'system', and 'attempt' .
A few !! (Exclamation Marks) after GOOD LUCK SOLDIER would add some drama to it.

Weapon Selection: A adequate healthy  weapon selection is available. Silenced weapons were not recommend.

Situation Report:  put a full stop after 'agents'

Soo far so good :good:

Missions:

A VERY nice camera piece through the bushes looking at the beach and ocean there. Was that intentional. A very nice touch. It works very well, imo, with the time of day and light.
Good voice acting.
Talkabout being thrown into the deep end, i was thrown into the mission only 150m from 2 enemy goons. Have noticed a SAVEGAME radio available to the player too. Nice touch.
I don't know why but i have a good feeling about this allready.
I crawled up behind the goon in some bushes, one shot to what i thought was his head, and BOOM. him and his fellow friend go up in a puff of smoke. NICE!, I was to later discover that there was an extra goon that was killed by the blast aswell....... should improve my recce skills :)

I took the hut out of action with no trouble, and the Jeep (With mounted machine gun) out aswell.
I could not get into the jeep to drive it. Disappointed but a logical move by the mission author. So i go for a run....
Oooopppss, i run into a minefield, so i stop before i get blown up and.. BOOM. im dead :( bugger didnt save it.

RESTART

Now im confused, im in a different position, does the mission have random starting points?  :o excellent.
And now i see a patrol approx 200m to my 3oclock.... bang.  patrol is dead.
Oops enemy alerted. Dead. Restart.
Again i have started in a differnent place, this time to the EAST of the base. (was South first time). took care of hut.

So i sneak upto the base on all fours, quiet as a mouse, and im surprised at a goon standing no more than 10 yards away. take him out just in case. HINT : ENEMY ALERTED... bugger... now im in for it.
Sneak into base, dead. bugger :(

I cannot seem to get into the base without alerting the enemy! Is there a way to get into the base and tick off the first objection without killing people and alerting the enemy heli that brings reinforcments (i think thats what it does anyway, havent stayed alive long enough to find out yet)...

will put up more when i get more done.

rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #40 on: 30 May 2007, 19:29:21 »
One little niggle though, the time of day of the intro should, imo, match the time at which the player will be playing the mission.

it  does ...  it  skips " to later that  night"  and shows a lone spec ops  para droping into sea .. did  you watch it all ?

For me there was no distinguishment between when the objective descriptions were finished and when a story, if it were, kicked in. Maybe a black out and fade in or something here maybe nice.  Over something else.....
You could add more camera work on the enemy, possibly a look at the player readying-up for the mission at hand. Something to add more flavour to the Intro.

as above  !

Silenced weapons were not recommend.

youre looking too hard  for mistakes in grammer ...  check the  notes  again !! ...  it states  enemy  will react to gunfire ... ...   also i believe default  loadout  is a silenced  weapon  M4A1 QDS  and a silenced pistol  player  can  select his own personal weapon  but  when  to use it  is
a different matter ...

I think you should split up the first objective into 3 seperate ones. This way the player doesn't have to... well it just looks better in my eyes.

youres   maybe   not mine ...  a matter of preference  ...

Q ... is it possible to infiltrate the base  without  being  detected ?     A ...  yup  ... using a supressed weapon ... base will alert  to  gunfire !

there a several possible starting  points  ...   and  yes  camera shot  on mission start was intentional 
Agreed ... my  grammar  sucks   will get  mrs  shark attack to correct  before  final version ...

thanx  for feedback Rhys  ...   :good:  nice one ...
stand by  for an update ..

« Last Edit: 30 May 2007, 20:52:43 by shark attack »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #41 on: 30 May 2007, 21:07:24 »
sorry shark, my mistakes.

Q ... is it possible to infiltrate the base  without  being  detected ?     A ...  yup  ... using a supressed weapon ... base will alert  to  gunfire !

This is not the case with me, the enemy is still alerted even when only my Surpressed M4a1 has been fired, not a single shot from the enemy. Do i have to be a certain distance from the enemy to shoot them or what? ??? :dunno:

Apologies for being a bit nitty.  >:(
« Last Edit: 30 May 2007, 21:10:53 by rhysduk »
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #42 on: 30 May 2007, 21:17:38 »
only two ways of gettin rumbled
you  are spotted  by enemy
gunfire ...

and  youre  not  being  nitty mate  ...  you  raised  some  good points  ...

all feedback is appreciated    :good:

many thanx   rhys

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: [SP]The Tiptoe Boys withdrawn bug fixing
« Reply #43 on: 31 May 2007, 00:53:06 »
i started testing it b4 u sayed its witdrawn... so ill post my resaults nywayz :D :P

mision is pretty much finished up... but i dug up some small tings 2 comment about... also i didnt finish da mision. (it took me 2 hrs 2 test wat i tested... nd i used me savegames 2 early...

so overview + intro + breifing is pretty much good...

i dont really like all da outside stuff in all of dat (ya know author hints + shark attack presents stuff it takes some of da atmosphere 4 me) but i guess dats fine... everybody have diffrent tastes in dat stuff

as 4 da mision

mision :

1) 1 time i crawled near 3 camp9ing soldiers nd shot one of em nd it seemed da solder exploded ??? seemes strange 2 me
2) after we find map it cud b nice if u add links 2 objective markers on da breifing/map (hide objectives w/o links nd reveal objectives w/ link)
3) sometimes da generals sends 4 choper (i assume its suposed 2 evac him ? i just shot him b4 it arrives... nd den i shot da chopers pilot wen it landed) b4 i have da camp alerted in about 4-5 mins ??
4) maybe add in breifing some info bout da 1st aid kit (say da were equped w/ it and how many uses we got...)
5) wen i get detected general silva just gets out nd stand in da middle of camp... just a siting duck... have him hiding somewere or something like dat
6) have da soldier dat r manning da big cannon (or whatever dat is... it has 3 soldiers in it... near silvas quarters facing da sea) bail out when i kill one of em... right now i take em from da back nd dey just cant spin towards me
7) u have a jeep w/ MG standing w/ soldier on it nd a driver just standing in place after da alert is called... make it patrol or something
8) i accidently killed 1 of da civies... nd when i noticed its a civie i left da oder alive... i suppose dere objective conected 2 leaving both alive... but mebe add something in case only one stays ?
9) dis is just idea 4 script... i once got da alertin call after a soldier saw me 4 a sec b4 i shot him (it was in da outpost weres only 3 soldiers) maybe b4 da alert give da player 5 second 2 kill whoever saw him ? so if he kill him immidietly deres no harm in being seen ?
----------

i got killed on ma way from da prisioners 2 barracks... nd didnt restart... will test again on next version

LCD OUT

[edit]
p.s bout da pint... im probably goin 2 manchester next january (gonna watch football :D) im not sure ill get 2 werever u live... but its closer than now :D
« Last Edit: 31 May 2007, 01:06:10 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: [SP]The Tiptoe Boys updated version 5 (pre review)
« Reply #44 on: 02 Jun 2007, 23:52:26 »
UPDATED  TO VERSION 5
=================
added  option to hide  dead  bodys
map is easier to find
enginners  only  explode  if  hit  in torso
fixed issues  with  silvas position  after savegame
more response  from arty teams
perimeter  guards (tents)  smartened  up ...

thanx  LCD  for  report and assistance