Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Operation New Horizons  (Read 7874 times)

Offline smoke52

• Members
Re: Operation New Horizons -new version-
« Reply #15 on: 03 Jun 2007, 15:44:11 »
1. will do
2. i had it so you had to kill them all and you would just get a hint that theres more in the town, but sometimes it would be tough to find the little buggers...so i made it so you have to kill them down to the last 5.
3&4. thanks and i guess i will have to figure out how to make/record voices and lip files for ArmA now :) 

updated version is up for download, need testers please!
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2007, 22:52:21 by smoke52 »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: Operation New Horizons -updated june3-
« Reply #16 on: 07 Jun 2007, 23:06:27 »
patience d00d... dis weekend as always (all i have is weekends :D)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: Operation New Horizons -updated june3-
« Reply #17 on: 10 Jun 2007, 11:17:55 »
played it twice... it seems 2 go good enough :D

second time i bugged it a lil tho... i took da chopper nd went 4 convoy 1st...

heres da commends

Breifing
1) corazal = corazol (second obj)

mision

1)i got a T72 wanderin into da ariport w/o ny1 shoting @ it ?  :blink: i was just tryin 2 repair/refuel/rearm my chopper when it went in n killed me
2) i think da trucks in game r 5T trucks (cant remember... i know dey were like dat in OFP) u write 4T in ur breifing)
3) also cuz i finished second objective b4 da 1st i had it sayin report 2 officers b4 i actually finished da 1st obj
4) i also want da option 2 move da rearm/refuel/repeair trucks cuz i landed kinda far of em (i run outta fuel... problly da shilka hit me in da fuel tank ???) made it 2 da airport tho :D nd i cudnt do ny of dese cuz da dey were 2 far from me

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline smoke52

• Members
Re: Operation New Horizons
« Reply #18 on: 13 Jun 2007, 10:45:01 »
@LCD all problems you encountered are fixed. i also added a mechanic that will come to your vehicle if you park anywhere in front of the three hangers or at the end of the runway near the east end of the runway. area markers will show up when you complete the first objective to show you where to go.

v1.0.4 changes:

-Intro added (about 1min30secs!)
-Script added *
-Sounds added
-Objects added/removed
-Save points added after each objective
-Text messages changed/updated
-Briefing updated
-Other minor tweaks and fixes

* A mechanic has been added near the hangers, just park your vehicle in front of the hangers or at the east end of the runway and he will come to repair/refuel/rearm you.
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2007, 10:55:02 by smoke52 »

Offline smoke52

• Members
Re: Operation New Horizons -updated june22-
« Reply #19 on: 22 Jun 2007, 10:57:02 »
new version with some minor changes, all i need is some balance testing and its finished!

-is the Paraiso objective too easy/hard?
-do you have enough time to clear Paraiso and go get the convoy?
-any comments/suggestions on the intro
-do the sounds i added work with the text/mission?
-anything else

thanks for your time  :cool2:
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2007, 14:23:13 by smoke52 »

Offline smoke52

• Members
Re: Operation New Horizons -updated june22-
« Reply #20 on: 27 Jun 2007, 14:22:31 »
heres my newest version. updated to work with ArmA version 1.08. its mostly intro fixes/changes but a couple things were added/removed/changed to the mission aswell :)

v1.0.6
-Compatible with ArmA version 1.08!
-Intro modified/updated
-Sounds added
-A-10 Warthogs replace the two Harrier jets that land
-Briefing modified
-Minor tweaks and fixes

download: http://files.filefront.com/NewHorizons106zip/;7897438;;/fileinfo.html
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2007, 14:45:54 by smoke52 »

Offline Rellikki

• Members
  • Die-hard OFP player
Re: Operation New Horizons -updated june27-
« Reply #21 on: 28 Jun 2007, 09:40:12 »
Overview
The overview is good, though I think you should change the Operation Flashpoint 2 picture with
an Armed Assault one. Try taking your own picture from the mission and use that.

Intro
The intro was very good. Nothing wrong with it.

Briefing
The briefing is good and realistic. Detailed information about the situation in the notes. But I think
the [Choose Loadout] link is kinda useless, since you can choose it in the group page. One spelling
mistake in the notes:
dwployed -> deployed

Mission
I ordered my men in the Strykers. I myself commanded the Abrams with two other team members.
We advanced into the town and engaged the infantry while I was helping the gunner from the commander's
MG position. Two T-72's attacked us. It was hard to kill them when they drived right next to us.
The explosion would have dammaged us too, but after some little "dog fighting" we succesfully
destroyed them. We continued engaging the infantry by the main road and then the objective got completed.
I was excepting that I'd need to clear every single alley in the town to complete the objective, but
luckily not, so thumbs up for that.
I returned to the airfield and regroupped with my group there. I ordered my men to go to many different
choppers (AH-1, two Blackhawks, etc.) and I myself took an AH-6. At the same second when we were about
to take off, the mission failed. The convoy was too fast...
On the second try, I took an AH-1 and destroyed the convoy myself with TOW's. Then I got the additional
objectives. I was excepting that, actually... So many vehicles to use but so few objectives. :D
I returned to the airfield and took an A-10 to complete my next objective. Again, when I was about
to take off, the mission failed because of the convoy. Some of the vehicles must have got away
but the objective still got completed. This should be fixed.
After a third try, I completely destroyed the convoy and left nothing behind. Then I returned to the
airfield and took an A-10 for the third objective. While I was heading to my objective, a Shilka almost shot me,
but a maverick missile stopped its attempts. When I reached the objective, I luckily still had enough
mavericks to destroy the tanks. Then I returned to the airfield, dodging Shilkas' bullets and landed.
Then I reported to the officers... more objectives..? No, mission completed. Yay!

Debriefing
Nothing wrong here. Completed the mission with about 60 infantry kills and 13 vehicles.

Summary
I really enjoyed this mission. It had a lot of cool features like the servicing guy who repaired
the aircrafts and lots of ways to complete the mission with so many accesable vehicles around the base.
It would have been better with more objectives though. Good work, I wants more of these! :)

Offline smoke52

• Members
Re: Operation New Horizons -updated june27-
« Reply #22 on: 01 Jul 2007, 12:32:03 »
Thank you for the feedback Rellikki. i fixed the problems you mentioned and my final version is almost complete. i should be releasing it today or tomorrow sometime. thanks to everyone else who gave me feedback and help during the creation of my mission  :clap:

edit: here it is, the final version. i may update it once more but thats only if i get some russian voice actors or some major bug in the mission was found :)

v1.0.7
-Fixed some placements
-Fixed some text
-Fixed a scoring issue
-Changed Briefing
-removed some crew that were supposed to bring the jets closer to the hangers
-Other minor tweaks and fixes

download link in the first post.
« Last Edit: 02 Jul 2007, 02:20:45 by smoke52 »

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Operation New Horizons -july1 final release-
« Reply #23 on: 11 Jul 2007, 19:45:38 »
Hi, here`s my take on the mission:

Overview

A cool picture of a burning convoy- well done.

Briefing

A whole lot of information, really great.

Intro

Superb camera work and custom voices...who could ask for more?

Mission

I started looking for my Strykers and the Abrams, and could not help noticing the busy scenery you created. The airbase really feels like it should in the middle of a war. Found my vehicles, hopped in as commander of the M1, put my other squaddies in the 2 Strykers and off we were. When arriving at Paraiso I opted to go along it on top of the hills and managed to kill two T72s that way. They were an easy prey for my M1  :D.
Then I entered the city and drove around like mad because of the hint of a time limit (leaving convoy). It was not easy to find each and every soldier, but in the end I managed to do it, right when I was informed that the convoy had just left. I changed to the driver position, raced as fast across the hills as I could and literally fell on the convoy because I did not brake early enough before the cliff. I killed 2 T72s from a few meters away, but the rest of the convoy (BMP and Shilka) got me. As I was about 95 % done with the mission, I did not repeat it.

Conclusion

A very hectic mission that somehow does not feel very realistic to me, but anyway - a bit of arcade every now and then is not wrong in ArmA. Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Mathias

Offline smoke52

• Members
Re: Operation New Horizons -july1 final release-
« Reply #24 on: 14 Jul 2007, 02:19:32 »
thanks mathias,
this mission was meant for someone new to just drop in and play with all the weapons and vehicles, but over time it evolved into this. after Paraiso you go back to base and get in a heli to destroy the convoy easier. theres also a third objective if you get the convoy :)

Offline smoke52

• Members
Re: [SP] Operation New Horizons -reviewable-
« Reply #25 on: 28 Jul 2007, 02:37:16 »
i guess its time for a review. go gentle :cool2:

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #26 on: 28 Jul 2007, 11:21:52 »
a little headsup  mate

just downlaoded  from armaholic
no addons  included with file ?

however file  from  filefront does ..
======================
edit
have followed  directions  and  installed included addon MAP_Misc.pbo
intro  plays fine  then  i get following error

« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2007, 12:34:31 by shark attack »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline smoke52

• Members
« Reply #27 on: 28 Jul 2007, 14:43:21 »
where the heck did that come from! i dont remember putting a vilas unit in there ever >:(

thanks shark attack i will have to fix that asap.

edit: fixed the error. the new link is up for download.
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2007, 15:48:05 by smoke52 »

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #28 on: 10 Aug 2007, 17:22:47 »
Review Completed.

Feel free to start the after-review discussion!
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2008, 12:20:00 by Cheetah »
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match