Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Border Quarrel  (Read 7353 times)

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: [SP] Border Quarrel - 0.86
« Reply #15 on: 23 Oct 2006, 19:51:05 »
Hi here's my review!

Overview

Good picture, text is right. Good job here.

Intro

A classic Intro featuring an infantry battle. Very interesting is the use of a second, smaller font and custom voiceovers.
This is something you don't see too often.

Briefing

Very little information presented, but one immediately suspects that the mission will develop further.  :D
Weapons selection is present, and I like to play with the Resistance-added rifles, they are very underrepresented in the game.

Mission

The long jeep ride is shortened by music and cleverly placed eyecandy (soldiers along the road). Nice battle at St. Marie.... I managed to shoot from a house into the wood and lob grenades at the russians  ;)
However, some of them got trough and it ended up in house-to-house-fighting. I received a gunshot when attemting to take a look on top of the outpost, so it was a nice challenge to to that too.

Advanced on foot to Chapoi and catched some Reds attacking from the flank. Shot two of them dead at 500 m (looks like the FN FAL has a greater range than the M16) but spent all my ammo in this firefight. So I collected another rifle from St.Marie. When I went back I did not manage to reach Chapoi in time before the mission ended.

Known Bugs

The radio message telling the player to mop up the outpost is a bit misleading. The text displayed talks of the outpost being west of St.Marie, while the recording speaks of East. But the marker clears this up. So it is just a minor complaint.

Conclusion

A classic mission featuring the take/defend style. But is is nicely done and really worth playing.

Cheers

Mathias

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Border Quarrel - 0.86
« Reply #16 on: 23 Oct 2006, 20:03:03 »
Mathias thanks for the report.

The radio message telling the player to mop up the outpost is a bit misleading. The text displayed talks of the outpost being west of St.Marie, while the recording speaks of East. But the marker clears this up. So it is just a minor complaint.
Will fix this in the next version.

Glad you liked the mission, glad that there's not too much wrong with it :).
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2006, 20:24:52 by Cheetah »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: (Please review) Border Quarrel - 0.87
« Reply #17 on: 15 Feb 2007, 23:58:30 »
I've just updated Border Quarrel to 0.87, the final version. It should function without errors / showstoppers.
For the download look take a look at the first post.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline sharkyjoe

• Members
  • Have you taken a BMP out at 500 meters??
Re: (Please review) Border Quarrel - 0.87
« Reply #18 on: 18 Feb 2007, 21:12:52 »
Hey just did a played it.

I could not find anything wrong with it.

I'm skipping my usual style review because of my time and this is your last version. Looks like ya got the major kinks out.

I still got XXX on the debreifing by the score. I still had some men left with me and a I took out 6 guys myself. It kinda makes ya feel like you did something wrong when ya  get those red "X's".

One Thing:
I ran around and tried to find more East guys to take out but couldn't, Why?? wouldn't the objective tick off to green check mark.
Then I realized that a T-80 was sitting in town damaged and not able to do anything, so I find a law and blew it up. Now I got the objective done. I think its just one of those game things that you dont have any control over.
Was this mission supposed to part of a Campaign??

I liked the mission. Fun not complicated plenty of action if ya want or you can stand back and command.  :)

Remember the 7 Ps??--- Proper Previous Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Re: Border Quarrel - 0.87
« Reply #19 on: 04 Oct 2008, 21:32:46 »
This mission was really well played, I enjoyed it A for the author.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2008, 21:49:02 by NightJay0044 »
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline zwobot

• Members
« Reply #20 on: 05 Oct 2008, 09:42:24 »
Hi Cheetah,
just wanted to say I think I've spotted 2 typos in your overview:
"enemies" <- "enemys"; "received" <- "recieved"

I haven't finished your mission yet, but you already have a number of beta reports...
From what I have ssen so far it seems to be a decent CWC style mission.

Edit: wah, dammit. I've just noticed how old this thread is. Why was this dumped in the first place?
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2008, 15:52:33 by zwobot »
"Executing tactics in real combat is the hardest thing one can ever do...well I've never given birth but..well whatever."

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #21 on: 25 Oct 2008, 10:10:16 »
Hi good news, this mission is ready for publishing. Published, now you can download it. Below.

Review Completed

This mission is ready for after-reviewing. Have any spectacular stories feel free to share them.
« Last Edit: 09 May 2009, 01:47:36 by Walter_E_Kurtz »
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!