Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] The Uprising v2.0  (Read 19704 times)

Offline markb50k

• Members
  • That's a bunch of bunk
    • Galactic Simulation
Re:The Uprising v1.7
« Reply #45 on: 13 Dec 2005, 18:23:06 »
Uploaded Version 1.7 to first post

No BUG FIXES just some additional features in the command engine.  So keep playing 1.6 if you like and don't want to start over.

Offline sharkyjoe

• Members
  • Have you taken a BMP out at 500 meters??
« Reply #46 on: 17 Dec 2005, 17:14:09 »
Ok things look fine got the Radio Commands but One thing
I cant move my troops >:(
Yes I read the Com intell
went back out of game and re-read Read me file
Even restarted my computer
Still when i select group the radio comes up with set combat mode and the likes but unable to move. In this mode I have Shift- clicked and they dont move
Could the latest Version have missed someting when up dated??
Everything else runs fine
What am I doing Wrong here.
Thanks Sharkyjoe ???
Remember the 7 Ps??--- Proper Previous Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance

Offline markb50k

• Members
  • That's a bunch of bunk
    • Galactic Simulation
« Reply #47 on: 17 Dec 2005, 17:54:50 »
@SharkyJoe

The only thing I can think of is perhaps you need to click the LEFT shift button?  Or sometimes the mapclick functionality needs a nice solid click.

I have not heard of any complaints on this version with the shift click, so I am not sure what is going on.

also, the shift click only works on units that are not your unit.  the "HQ" unit can only be moved around through normal OFP engine means.  Maybe that is it?

LoTekK

« Reply #48 on: 17 Dec 2005, 18:48:11 »
Haven't had a chance to play the most recent version, but in response to sharkyjoe, are you running with ECP? I recall some issues with ECP when using an addon or mission that makes extensive use of onmapclick, since ECP overrides that functionality somewhat.

Offline sharkyjoe

• Members
« Reply #49 on: 20 Dec 2005, 03:00:07 »
Tried Looking for ECP and I'm pretty sure I dont have in the add-ons.

However, I have played it through with-out being able to map clicking the men where and when I need too.

I wish I could map shift-click it though.
Very Fun and Intresting.  :D
Remember the 7 Ps??--- Proper Previous Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance

Offline markb50k

• Members
  • That's a bunch of bunk
    • Galactic Simulation
« Reply #50 on: 20 Dec 2005, 05:13:35 »
@SharkyJoe:  

Dang, I am pretty bummed that the map clicking is not working for you.  Is any of the clicking working?  Is the ALT click working for getting the units to target a direction?  Have you tried both shift keys?  Do you have the Shift keys mapped to something else?  I am stumped.

Has anyone else had this issue with 1.7?

wps

« Reply #51 on: 21 Dec 2005, 06:22:41 »
I have played this game twice (In fact, I'm in the middle of second round), and have some questions and experiences which I'd like to share with all:

First time play:

I jumpped in HUMMV and went to south, found three caches in the southern three cities. Then uprising started. I did not manage all resources well, but barely keep the four main bases under control. Then I call one Heli, shot the pilot and gunner, and took the heli by myself with one of my man as gunner. Now I fly. Gradually I took over several towns back, but some towns seem have respawn enemies. I fought until mid-night (game time), the uprsing did not calm down as assumed from intro text that "one hour" will be ok. Is this a bug? When I was shooting in Latmine where heavy resistance exisited, the game suddenly finished with pop-up of "mission objective updated". Then failure text came, but I checked all four bases are still under my control. Why?

Second time play:

I found out about 12 caches and arested all four leaders, but the uprising still came. Why?

Also after discover about 12 caches, no more caches were marked even though civilians kept telling me new locations. Why?

Now I am in the middle of the second play. Still in Heli, for several hours already. Don't know when it will end, and how?

Anyway, this is an interesting mission. I enjoyed it.

Offline markb50k

• Members
  • That's a bunch of bunk
    • Galactic Simulation
« Reply #52 on: 21 Dec 2005, 08:14:32 »
@wps

Thanks for playing the mission!  Let me try to answer your questions...

What the objective states is this:

"With an major uprising underway, secure all critical locations:   All named towns on the map,  Camp Patton, the naval base, the airbase, and the Governor's mansion.  Hold all objectives for 1 hour and that should convince the population that we will not be thrown off this island."

...you need to control ALL the named towns PLUS the four bases for one hour straight to put down the uprising.  In other words, all flags on the map should be blue uninterrupted for one hour to win.  It seems you interpreted this objective to mean JUST the four bases.  I can see how it could read that way, so I will update the text a little to make sure people understand all 22 objectives need to be held for an hour.

The game SHOULD end in Failure 12 hours after the uprising if you haven't held all 22 objectives, but it seems that yours kept going until midnight which it shouldn't.  I will take a look at that.  EDIT:  Are you sure it was game time MIDNIGHT or NOON?  I looked at the code and it should end somewhere around 9 PM at the latest

Respawning:  Each town will periodically respawn enemies based on the following:

Each town has a max number of rebels they can produce every ten minutes or so, and each town has a different max, with BIG TOWNS like Morton, Montignac, Latemin, Saint Phillipe, etc. having the highest..

That number is the max possible and is reduced by certain things.  
- reduced by U.S. civilian support percentage (if U.S support is 80% at the time, the max is reduced by 80%)
- if U.S. controls town, reduced by another 50%
- if U.S. is present in town, reduced by another 50%
- if the cache in that town has been found (turned blue), reduced by another 50%

so if you have good support and occupy and control a town, even the biggest towns will be reduced sharply to probably one or two, and most towns won't produce any at all.

Now I KNOW version 1.7 has a bug in this logic that makes the towns produce more, and I plan on putting out a new version soon with that fix.  Probably right after I post this.

As for your second try where you found 12 caches and arrested 4 leaders...  The objective should have been updated to say that the way to prevent the uprising is to find all the remaining caches.  So you need to find all 22 caches before the uprising countdown expires (which IMO can only really be done when you start off at 40% U.S. Support or higher).

Finally, if you didn't see any more caches being revealed by the civilians even though they kept saying it, please recheck the map, there should be a RED cache marker still out there that hasn't been turned BLUE and the civilians keep pointing out that one.

Thank you so much for playing, and its players going deep into this mission that will help find any hidden bugs that I have not been able to find yet.

« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2005, 08:48:43 by markb50k »

Offline markb50k

• Members
  • That's a bunch of bunk
    • Galactic Simulation
Re:The Uprising v1.8
« Reply #53 on: 21 Dec 2005, 09:43:22 »
New version uploaded on first post

Not a whole lot of changes but one major BUG FIX that should make winning the war more achievable.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

wps

« Reply #54 on: 24 Dec 2005, 23:29:29 »
Thanks for clarification. I think I did not read instructions clearly. And, yes, I check the ending time is about 9PM.

I may plpay it for third time.

Offline sharkyjoe

• Members
« Reply #55 on: 29 Dec 2005, 16:40:18 »
 Uprising v1.8  1st fully functoional test  

Overview- Good

Intro- Works fine.  I did have a problem with some of the words at the end of sentences dropping/trailing off. Some what hard to hear.  Other than that it works fine.

Briefing- Really Good Job here. Very nice orderly and able to get back to front page of plans.

Notes- fine

Gear- Ok

Group- Well that works  ;D

Mission- Hey I can click and move men around "YES!!".

Ok I already had a leg-up on what was going on by semi testing it before hand so I (set at 80%) move men and armor around a bit to key areas. I also made it so I could drive or fly to the areas that I need to assess the sit-rep on the ground with my own Eye-balls.

Time to find the Stock piles. No one will talk to me at the HQ Camp. I didnt find the cache this is going to be a tough nut to crack at the HQ Camp. Went South of here and started to question Civies.
Very Nice to have that question Civ or Arrest Civ. Well Done there. Every thing worked.

Some of them told Me bug off, while others told me good Intel. I found Several Caches of weapons and where One of the Leaders were. Now I didnt Arrest the leader that will come last but I did find 4 caches and then next thing I know is the count down began. So I hurry up and get to the HQ camp and start Command Movements from there. Survive the intial hits. Shuffle men and Armor around to heal, reapair and Ammo load out. Hummm its only been about 30 mins. I still have thirty more to go.

Check everything and go wacth a Comedy Show. Come back well after an Hour has passed checked. Every Key area is fine(lost a few men) check the Mission Objectives nothing new and the last one didnt check off.
Ok let it ride a while longer. Go eat dinner Mac & cheese with a Hot Dog. Come back still nothing.  I end it.

Score- *

Outro- *

My take- Wow!!   :o What you have here is really great. Command over a lot of troops and interaction with in game Civies. Able to fly and drive places Arrest people, find hidden Treasures(Weapons).
The Respawn rate is really out of step with the actual find and the Arrest of Leader. The men stiill kept coming even after I had taken the weapons away and the leader the area had been arrested. I realize that some would come but they were still coming after the Inital wave.
Why the count down so early?? maybe after a time/count of finding 50% of the Weapons stock piles. Due to Resist. leaders saying "Ok we need to do something or we'll not have weapons to fight with". Then count Down should start.

I thought the game is wonderful thought but the end just fizzled out for me.
 Really started to get boring and I didnt get into the game.
 Maybe get the Resist. Forces to come together and attack soome or all the bases.
 Have a West sniper/Scout team say they spotted(really do Spot) a Leader and then it is up to HQ to arrest them or take them out.
Dont give up on this Mission make it better because what you have here is a Dandy and has the potential to become Great. Keep working on it.  :)
« Last Edit: 29 Dec 2005, 16:54:29 by sharkyjoe »

Offline markb50k

• Members
  • That's a bunch of bunk
    • Galactic Simulation
« Reply #56 on: 30 Dec 2005, 06:04:15 »
Thanks, Sharkyjoe.

I definitely won't give up on improving the mission and I thank you for the feedback.

Just some information here.

- The countdown to the uprising is actually already underway when the mission starts, you just don't know it yet.  You only get wind of an actual countdown if you capture a leader.  Capturing a leader does not make the countdown begin, it just gives you a warning of a specific time that you wouldn't have gotten.  Its just a bonus to capturing a leader.

- Given that it seems you just let it run for a while after the war started and it never ends tells me that you did not have all the towns secured.  If you did, then after one hour of having all towns secured the mission will end.  You can tell if all are secured by looking at the map and seeing if any towns have either a RED FLAG (meaning enemy controlled) or a YELLOW QUESTION MARK (meaning no one controlled).  If you have any of these than the mission won't end in victory.  I see a couple of people are not fully understanding this so I think I may give the player an option of getting a war status that tells you how well you are doing to make it even more clear.

- You recommended that the Resist forces combine for an attack on a base, well they actually do that.  The AI will determine a target that is a priority, usually one of the american bases and will send all free troops there to attack.  The reason why you may not have noticed that is because you had the civilian support start at 80% which means if you capture a leader or two, you pretty much will have very little resistance forces attacking.  So for a challenge set it to 50% or so,  (I still haven't beaten it at 10% so try that for a tough one).

Offline Patrick Reckitt

• Members
Re: The Uprising v1.8
« Reply #57 on: 26 Jun 2007, 21:29:02 »
Does anyone have a copy of 1.8 they can upload. I can't find a live link.

Offline burroughs

• Members
  • Join SpetsNaz: meet interesting people and kill'em
    • Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno - Manewrowego/Mobilnego
« Reply #58 on: 28 Jun 2007, 20:33:37 »
I think I have an archive stored somewhere on a disc of mine, but dunno if it's the version you are asking for   :scratch: I'll try to find out if you are still interested - just let me know and get me a link to a site where I can upload it for you as I am not too fluent in terms of doing it. Actually I've been sticking to downloading only for all those years  ;) ... Therefore I've got the copy of the mission you're looking for and will help you if it's the right one ... I'll catch up with you later on.
"...1st rule regarding SpetsNaz: you do not talk about SpetsNaz.  2nd rule is: you do not talk about SpetsNaz.  3rd rule is to obey the first two. ... "/ V.Suvorov, "SpetsNaz; the story behind the Soviet SAS."

Offline Patrick Reckitt

• Members
« Reply #59 on: 29 Jun 2007, 23:38:02 »
Right, cheers. Crapidshare will do fine.
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2007, 21:04:56 by Patrick Reckitt »