Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Who's got the Best Navy SEALs???  (Read 3877 times)

ofpeditor

Who's got the Best Navy SEALs???
« on: 15 Oct 2002, 07:11:10 »
Time to open up a debate -

Of all the US Navy SEAL addons out there, which are the best and why?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and please do share on this one!
This should be somewhat interesting to see how it plays out...

Cheers mates
ofpeditor

Coporal_Punishment

Re:Who's got the Best Navy SEALs???
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2002, 07:27:13 »
c'mon that's a bit mean. Each addon author tries really hard to make their addons. In my oponion they are all good in a way.

ofpeditor

« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2002, 08:13:56 »
you've got a good point mate, and i cannot disagree with you in any way that every author puts time and effort into his/her addons, but mind you, i did not say "who makes the worst," or "lets all shit on this addon."
i was hoping it would be a mature discussion over who each OFP player thinks has the best addon concerning US Navy SEALs, because frankly, there are a few out there, and i'd like to know why people choose one over another. If you don't feel as though you can understand what I mean, then I ask that you not submit your thoughts, as your misconception of my intentions may be reflected in your opinion.

cheers mate
ofpeditor

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2002, 08:40:31 »
POR's, IMHO. They've got great textures, sort of like woodland camo painted over black neoprene. I have seen SEALs while I was in the USN wearing neoprene wetsuits underneath woodland camo BDU shirts ( can't stand to call 'em "blouses". ) while running assault training evolutions off the coast of California. I don't know if they would wear them on an actual operation... unless they were making an HALO insertion into a forested region, I suppose.

Skaven

« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2002, 10:50:49 »
Well I go with Ferret Fangs, the POR ones are the best  ;D
Just to let you know that POR means PORtuguese which means my TAG  ;D
Nevertheless, there are a lot of great Seals being made, much better than mine, Tales of War are making a new model for the seals in O2  which so far seems great, so is Vipersheart and Bimbi, I think soon, we'll have a lot of Seals Kicking ASS  :o  ;D

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2002, 01:20:48 »
I have Bibmi's old Dessert SEALs and I like thoes, I just need them for Res and in Woodland.

Schoeler

« Reply #6 on: 16 Oct 2002, 03:37:54 »
I liked LT1's SEALs because they had both bandannas and boonie hats instead of all of one type of head gear.  They also had nice looking fatigues.  It would be nice to see a new version come out with a mixture of the head gear, including the baseball cap, bandanna and boonie hat.  Also an assortment of weapons like DKM's Mossberg, Fliper's Barret, the Swedish K submachine gun made by FILO, Fliper's M4 weapons (of course), the M60E3 made by Tales of War, maybe OTW's SAWs and Colt M1911A1, and the Lost Brother's (Now HK Mod's) HKs and SOCOM.

ofpeditor

« Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2002, 07:18:31 »
A quick question to you, Skaven -
I use your POR Desert SEALs and on 1.46, they worked great, however, now I'm on v1.75 (upgrading to the patch tonight) and the troops with the Colt COmmandoes have the muzzle flash on permanately...is there a fix to this mate?

cheers
ofpeditor

Offline Garritos

• Members
  • life is like a box of donuts...
« Reply #8 on: 16 Oct 2002, 09:07:09 »
DOH!!!  skaven looks like Vipersheart wont be finishing his US special forces :(  on the LB website it says he has joined the german army(atleast we know he'll never see any combat duty).  Thos seals were looking very promising along with the other guys on the site.  I really hope the rest of his team will finish them up.  
Lead Mission Designer
1982:Flashpoint in the Falklands
http://www.flashpoint1982.co.uk

Skaven

« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2002, 10:21:53 »
Yes it seems like Vipersheart is indeed going to the German Army, but I'm sure he'll find time to finnish his boys for us  ;D
As for my Seals, well, I'm working on a large pack with all the US Army soldiers I made, including USMC,Rangers,Seals and I'm packing them all in one PBO file, some new things added like new cammos, and all of the being mainely equiped with FlipeR's M4s and all wearing Hand Guns  ;)

ofpeditor

« Reply #10 on: 16 Oct 2002, 11:11:47 »
If I were to DL FlipeRs new m4 pack, with the desert one in it, should it solve the issue with the muzzle flash?

thanks for the help mate

Skaven

« Reply #11 on: 16 Oct 2002, 13:44:25 »
Well if your mentioning the soldiers that come with FlipeR's M4s, than all you have to do is to download FlipeR's Resistance version, and overight the no Resistance version.
For my Seals, since they are wearing my M4s you'll need to change the config.cpp file in order to equip them with FlipeR's M4s.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #12 on: 16 Oct 2002, 16:06:58 »
well, vipersheart is indeed off to the army - but he hasnt finished the troops as yet...

hes got a replacement to finish off the last details as i understand it... so watch this space.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

ofpeditor

« Reply #13 on: 16 Oct 2002, 18:02:56 »
my sincerest apologies mate...i honestly had the notion that the M4s that were used with your Desert SEALs were the FlipeR M4 pack. Sorry for the confusion mate!
Any known fixes for the muzzle flash issue in relation to your SEALs?
Thanks mate
ofpeditor

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #14 on: 16 Oct 2002, 19:22:12 »
muzzle flash is fixed with 2 things - an additional few lines in the config and also version 1.75  ;)

ofpeditor - did you get my IM ?

:thumbsup:
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion