Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Who's got the Best Navy SEALs???  (Read 3878 times)

3XTR3ME

Re:Who's got the Best Navy SEALs???
« Reply #15 on: 18 Oct 2002, 20:25:38 »
frandsen's seals are going to be pretty competitive with skaven's. I like skaven's and frandsen's marines too so I'm looking forward to frandsen's seals. however I like the weapon assortment with skaven's

so frandsen and skaven come in with a tie from my point of view.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #16 on: 20 Oct 2002, 14:14:39 »
frandsens one is going 2 have the desert patrol vehicle with it tho isnt it

Frandsen

« Reply #17 on: 21 Oct 2002, 23:47:10 »
well im not making My seals to beat skavens im making them cos i woud like to see some seals that isnt a reskin, infact i woud just love if skaven and i coud make the seals together

(skaven what do ya say lets coop)   ;D

Skaven

« Reply #18 on: 22 Oct 2002, 01:38:27 »
 ;D Well indeed Frandsen  ;D
I also don't see a competition a good thing, and indeed joinning your models with my textures could be a great idea, I'm sending you a private message  ;D

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #19 on: 22 Oct 2002, 01:45:29 »
franny - where's my drill seargent?  :P
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Frandsen

« Reply #20 on: 22 Oct 2002, 19:21:36 »
in the next marine update...  ::)

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #21 on: 23 Oct 2002, 10:37:33 »
Isn't there a team already working on US Army Spec Ops? In some thread on this board?

I personally like all SEALs that are made. They are all good and they are different. That's the main thing. No addon made will be the same. :) I like 'em all! ;D
PLEASE MAKE SOME GREEN BERETS FOR GODS SAKE! :P :P :P ;D

Hawk

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #22 on: 23 Oct 2002, 23:06:45 »
Co-op,co-op,co-FRICKEN-op!!!!
It's the best thing for the players, cleans up the damn addon folder, and helps the modder's by learning other techniques as well...
Hell, you guys go talk to BAS, Bibmi, Fliper, Lost Brothers, and who ever else and bust out some seriously FRICKEN fantastic work... TOGETHER!!! You can do it!!!

Mr_Shady

« Reply #23 on: 24 Oct 2002, 23:37:32 »
Too right mate, too right. I downloaded the Bundeswehr demo so I could put some German units into a mission. A couple of months ago I got the HK pack, which rendered all the guns in the BW demo obsolete... and I'm sure that the BAS Littlebird will render Capt. Moore's LB's obsolete for me too...

The point of this post is that if everyone got together and said, "I'll make an LSV, you make a LB, he makes a Huey and Bob makes a M249" there'd be none of this clogged-up addons folder malarkey. To my knowledge, there are five different Hueys (Martin's, BW-Mod's, SelectThis', Capt. Moore's, Eviscerator's). Each better than the last. Tons of SEALs and Deltas, about three M82A1's... each with good bits and bad bits. But of course nobody wants to get together and make addons like I suggested, everyone wants to make what they want (which is understandable).

I just read that and it makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER now... *sighs* Who'd be me?

Eviscerator

« Reply #24 on: 25 Oct 2002, 01:05:05 »
the main reason there are lots of hueys is because its a very famous chopper, and everyone has the perfect picture of how they want a huey to be, so yes maybe one person brings one out and you think...."well..its not exactly what i wanted or i could do better", then you do, thus rendering the one made before useless(in most cases), its just the way things happen, if everyone got together and tried to make one addon for every single thing wanted it would be hard, sharing making a model is hard unless one does engines one does body etc but even then, things look weird, modellers have different styles and it would come out through the work, same with texturers, although it does happen and it works great, not everyone is willing to go through all the bother, but like minded people do get together and these are of course, mod teams :)

Tigershark

« Reply #25 on: 25 Oct 2002, 04:11:23 »
Another issue is the varying quality of the addons...some addon makers simply do it better than others.

So....there maybe several versions around...but some stand out as the benchmark. Back in the day SelectThis/Ebuds Rangers were undisputed benchmarks. Not sure if things have changed.....but anyway.

The point is.....it would be great to bring stuff together...it's good to see Frandsen and Skaven co-operate..

And in a way...BAS started as a way for peeps to come together under one umbrella....Evisc was making a Marine chopper...I invited him onboard. Vixer wanted to help...etc.

Actually...the addon maker has a great responsibility. If he makes German units that use an HK and the LB Team makes better HK's...he should really revise his addon and release a new version. Simple things like that would also help.

It's a tough issue....with no easy solution. My creation of BAS was an attempt to do this. My goal is to have every chopper in BAS as the benchmark......that way there is no question about which Littlebird, MH-60, Pavehawk or Supercobra to use. I had hoped others would wanna come on board.....but it didn't pan out like that. I wanted to make BAS a "brand name" of quality and commitment to realism. Maybe one day... ;-)

Skaven

« Reply #26 on: 25 Oct 2002, 10:31:22 »
Tigershark,in the last part of your post your being politicaly correct ;D
But analysing it well, I must me say that, in the entire comunity, I think there as always been a feeling that whatever comes from BAS is 100% real and a 100% perfect, and if it ain't better, it's beacause the Game doesn't allow it  ;)
Everybody knows that if there is a person that makes things well and commited to the maximum, well that person is you  8)

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #27 on: 27 Oct 2002, 01:59:38 »
Tigershark, you said:

"Actually...the addon maker has a great responsibility. If he makes German units that use an HK and the LB Team makes better HK's...he should really revise his addon and release a new version. Simple things like that would also help."

I, of course, agree with everything you said... but have you Tigershark, approached other mod teams like LB to raise the bar on your own releases?
I'm not suggesting that you haven't done this in the past... I really wouldn't know as I'm not on your staff.
But I am fishing for news regarding BAS's upcoming addon works of art.
So would you enlist others for help, in the aims of making your addons as realistic as possible? This is assuming of course, that you don't already posess the best model for the job.
I'm betting you would.