Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC Mission depot / FTP  (Read 4410 times)

Offline Chaos

• Contributing Member
  • The best Missions are realistic Missions !
    • Operation Flashpoint Database
OFPEC Mission depot / FTP
« on: 19 Jul 2005, 12:00:44 »
I see many missions on the serverthat lay there since weeks and arent upped into the "pending area".
On the other hand fresh stuff is uploaded while other older ones ( uploads ) are deleted but worked fine. Without info, without review.

When visitors writing private messages to team members (Sui) they can waiting for the answer hundert years or longer. The answer is newer comming.

Is that a way to threat your visitors?

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

ProudPotter2490

Re:OFPEC Mission depot / FTP
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2005, 12:12:38 »
OFPEC has alot of bugs. Theres been problems with the Add-Ons depot, the Recruitment depot and the site itself numerous amounts of times! Alls that authors can do is monitor their missions whilst they pend to be pended (i think thats how it works ???) and re-upload if nessessery :).

I don't think OFPEC would intentially delete missions unless they were made during the Stone Age or they contain bugs. Usually, an author is contacted regarding situations like these.

Is that a way to threat your visitors?
It's not really a THREAT but as far as treating OFPEC visitors, it's not Sui's, MacGuba's, Artak's or anyone's respondsibility to monitor your mission. You want it uploaded? Be persistant :)!

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2005, 13:01:05 »
I'm not perfectly clear what you mean Chaos, but I'll try to make some things very clear.

Sui is on a holiday for about two weeks.

Issues concerning a depot should be first directed at the respective depot admin.

The MD upload has something wrong in it and is not working properly at the moment.

Because of the way the FTP upload function works, the submissions which have not gone through the whole process (ie. not added to database and moved to pending area) leave the mission file in the FTP folder. This is so called garbage and will never be reviewed. The author's file remains in the FTP folder for as long as he succesfully goes through the whole submission process, or for as long as it takes staff to 'clear out the garbage' (once or twice a year).

Staff does not upload anything to anywhere from the FTP. It's part of the submission process, which is the author's sole responsibility. Automatism handles the mission file being transferred away from the FTP folder.

Succesfully submitted missions are never deleted from the pending section without a notice to the author and a two week waiting period, from the day the notice is sent.

Not all is lost.

Offline Chaos

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2005, 13:50:30 »
Well, i am upload rar archive with open letter/mission description & mission download link (Operation Black Mamba) on your FTP at 29.06.2005. After 7 Days the archive doesnÂ't exists more on the ftp and i donÂ't became message about deleting and about the reason for it. You moving in the "pending area" some newer uploads (after 11.07) that my first and second upload date (10.07). My mission and other more lying since few weeks on the server. And THIS mission works 200% (!), its english (good english) and in good quality.

I would send one inquire about upload to Sui at the beginning of of June - to today no reaction. And like that it is also with all other inquiries. I cannot know whom I to on turn can there it here no team list give myself.

Which is most important to me however the fact that the missions not lying for months on the ftp or without comment is deleted.

::)
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2005, 13:56:28 by Chaos »

qqqqqq

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2005, 14:45:33 »
i am upload rar archive with open letter/mission description & mission download link

Well of course it was deleted without comment, you haven't read the submission guidelines.    ::)

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2005, 15:19:31 »
7. The .pbo and .txt files should be zipped using .zip format only. Other compression formats will NOT be accepted.

The above is on bold in the submission guildelines.

The automation of the site must have deleted your file as it wasn't .zip format. I stress to you - if the mission is submitted right and in the pendings section, it will not be deleted without a notice.

Pack your mission.pbo and readme.txt to a .zip file
Read through the submission guidelines.
Follow the submission instructions.
..and you're so much closer to getting it reviewed.  ;)

You moving in the "pending area" some newer uploads
Read my first post again. The site code handles the move from ftp to pending area, if the submission process has gone through ok. We don't move the missions.  :)

I cannot know whom I to on turn can there it here no team list give myself.
Now this is a problem. We're about to build a staff listing page, which has everyone from OFPEC staff listed and tells what the persons responsible areas are.
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2005, 15:21:31 by Artak »
Not all is lost.

Offline Chaos

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jul 2005, 15:43:44 »
Ok ! Sorry - i donÂ't see really position 7 in your terms.

I am upped the file in "zip" format now. This file contains only readme with link for download, informations & terms for using the mission. If you have problem with terms or something others - please tell me your problem.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #7 on: 20 Jul 2005, 06:04:14 »
Alternatively Chaos, if you want a possibly quicker review submit it to the  Beta Testing Forum . It could take up to a week to digest, then again you might get an instant response.

I have played your mission, directly from your site, it does have problems and is severely laggy. If you want it tested, submit it to above, but we are rarely kind.
Just say no to bugz

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jul 2005, 09:19:45 »
Ok ! Sorry - i donÂ't see really position 7 in your terms.

I am upped the file in "zip" format now. This file contains only readme with link for download, informations & terms for using the mission. If you have problem with terms or something others - please tell me your problem.

I don't think you will be very lucky if your mission does not contain all required files. If the mission review process hasn't change since my times, your mission will be regarded as faulty and then deleted when it doesn't contain the mission .pbo file.

One personal hint: complaining about stuff is much more credible if you do it right on your side.

Offline Chaos

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 20 Jul 2005, 10:55:36 »
The mission is 100% working version and has not problems or bigger bugs. Its allready downloaded over 2300 times. I became some feedbacks and never hear everything about bigger problems.

@ Mikero
The mission is laggy on PCs under 2.2GHz and memory size under 512MB. For the best settings (its not mission but Tonal problem) you can read included F.a.Q.txt.

@ Sefe
Why do you think, the mission doesnÂ't contains all files ?
 ???

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #10 on: 20 Jul 2005, 11:41:07 »
I'm sorry Chaos. Based on what you said, it seems that Sefe is right.

This is what you said:
This file contains only readme with link for download, informations & terms for using the mission.

And again a quote from the submission instructions
File must contain: mission in pbo format, readme.txt file with mission and author informations

From what you said, I get the impression that there is no mission.pbo in the .zip, but only a link to download it from somewhere.

The reasoning behind why we accept only submissions with the mission file itself included in the .zip is simple. We want to guarantee that the file is always available. What if the site you have your mission goes down? What if the file is deleted from the server? OFPEC Missions Depot will be left with a mission entry, with no actual mission available.
So, if a submitted .zip doesn't include the mission file, it will be regarded as faulty and removed from the database.

What's also concerning is that I still can't see your mission in the pendings list. This may be because A) you haven't gone through the whole submission process, but just uploaded it to ftp or B) the MD upload may be broken.

Frankly there's nothing I can do more about option A. Option B I will check out this evening when I have time to test through the uploading and creating a database entry.
Not all is lost.

Offline Chaos

• Contributing Member
« Reply #11 on: 20 Jul 2005, 11:54:32 »
Well, i understand you now. But i canÂ't less you to host the mission on your page. You can indirectly DL it from ofpmdb. The Ofpmdb site is 100% ever available and this i can guarantee for it. I was over 3 years Admin of ofpmdb & now i have break. I have a deal with this site & cannot permit to host the mission on other site. But when the ofpmdb site doeÂ's go down for more than few hours i will permit you to host the mission.

Here is the textfile included in the zip:
Code: [Select]
###########################################
# Terms for "Operation Black Mamba" 1.0R  #
#                                         #
#      Release Datum 25 Mai 2005          #
#         by Chaos Studios                #
###########################################

To OFPEC Team !

Here is my newest mission. I hope you can put it in your database and review it. But i please you to less the mission on ofpmdb server.

######################################################################################
Screen:
   thumb - http://www.atwar.net/e107_files/downloadthumbs/fp_mamba.jpg
   big   - http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/45/3740145/1280_3637396539373338.jpg
###########
Mission DL (Please donÂ't link the download directly) with english subscription:
   http://ofpmdb.teamp2p.de/phpkit/engl/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=59&PHPKITSID=9da2ec639bead1fc1bfa70df48a828d0
###########
Mission DL (Please donÂ't link the download directly) with german subscription:
   http://ofpmdb.teamp2p.de/phpkit/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=479&PHPKITSID=9da2ec639bead1fc1bfa70df48a828d0
######################################################################################

Both downloads are the same file ! There are not different files for other languages.
The mission has size over 14.5 MB
In the subscription you can find links to forums and teaser movies for this mission.

Mission Features:
- fully scripted !
- CRDS-P Inside
- SATCOM script
- dropable silencer
- AI-scripting
- realistic SF Warfare
- realistic action and enemy movements
- many little eastereggs (not ever nice for you)
- dynamic enemy arise
- dynamic enemy reactions
- realistic story
- air support
- artillery support (only for enemy)
- more than one way to solution
- custom death scenes
- weapon selection
- briefing song
- cool song for the end
- over 8 minutes intro
- over 5 minutes outro won
- over 3 minutes outro loose
- voice acting in english and german
- mission textes in english, german, polish
- briefing and overview in english, german, polish, french
- readmes in english, german, polish, french
- maaaany more

More info about the features you can find in the subscription of the download (see the links above).

English OpBlackMamba forum topic: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=0b204f02d8ffe6980c262d223e359cda;act=ST;f=55;t=44050
German OpBlackMamba forum topic: http://ofpmdb.teamp2p.de/phpkit/include.php?path=forum/showthread.php&threadid=520
Polish OpBlackMamba forum topic: http://www.neochan.csk.pl/ofpc/viewtopic.php?t=3211&sid=02fa5bde16e3b0ed8642679584486689

VERY IMPORTANT !
Please read the F.a.Q.txt before you play the mission !!!

Chaos/ChaosStudios @
http://www.ofpmdb.de.vu
or
ChaosStudios@gmx.net

Greetz
Chaos
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2005, 11:58:00 by Chaos »

qqqqqq

« Reply #12 on: 20 Jul 2005, 15:13:55 »
But i canÂ't less you to host the mission on your page

ROFLMAO

Chaos, you just made my day.    ;D    

Offline Chaos

• Contributing Member
« Reply #13 on: 20 Jul 2005, 19:02:59 »
Sorry mate, i donÂ't understand you. OFPEC can host the mission description and link the OFPEC download button to ofpmdb download  page. Its very problematic ? I donÂ't think so.

qqqqqq

« Reply #14 on: 20 Jul 2005, 19:49:00 »
Its very problematic ?

Yes.   Absurd and impossible.

When I click on a download button on OFPEC I expect the file to come from OFPEC.    If I wanted to download from ofpmdb I'd go there.    OFPEC is a reputable site and I hope it would not get involved in shenanigins like this.    It doesn't matter how reliable or reputable the third party site is.    I'm confess I'm horrified that anybody would suggest such a potentially dangerous and dishonest practice.     Even if the other site agreed to it which, if they were reputable, they would not.

But what made me smile was that you were complaining that you couldn't submit the mission to OFPEC, when in fact you weren't actually willing/able to submit it.  

Sounds like a good mission though.  You should get permission to post it here.
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2005, 19:58:17 by qqqqqq »