Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC Mission depot / FTP  (Read 4412 times)

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:OFPEC Mission depot / FTP
« Reply #15 on: 20 Jul 2005, 20:20:05 »
Being the former long time admin of a site such as ofpmdp, you should know how this works.

We have a specific set of guidelines on how we operate. These guidelines do not bend or brake and are there for a good reason. OFPEC has never and will never host 'empty submissions'.

The point is clear now and all the aspects have been explained. As good as your mission probably is and as much as I'd like it hosted and reviewed on OFPEC, there is no way we can have it the way you'd want.

Please don't try to submit the package as it is, because it's in violation to the submission guidelines and will just cause us more work to check and remove it.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, it's just our policy. Many OFP fan sites are probably willing and eager to have your 'mission information package' hosted on their site.
Not all is lost.

Offline Chaos

• Contributing Member
  • The best Missions are realistic Missions !
    • Operation Flashpoint Database
« Reply #16 on: 20 Jul 2005, 20:57:51 »
You donÂ't understand me. ::)
Ok, new attempt.

I contacted  Tyger for the news about the mission. He helps me very and post the news on your page. After it i ask him about possiblity of review mission and link the download to ofpmdb. But i became newer answer. After it i contacted Sui - no reaction. So i send on your FTP this archive with this big please and informations about the mission. I will not give you "mission informations package" - i seeing no other possiblity to excite your attention. Since none me could/will answer.

My english is not good enough and i have problems to read/write messages. But i think now you can understand me.

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 21 Jul 2005, 00:19:52 »
Chaos,

Your approach is quite naive. I would suggest the following: you check out all parts of the site, addons depot, missions depot, editors depot, forums etc. Then you make a rough estimation about the number of entries you can find there. Then, consider this: the submission procedures are available on an exposed part of the site. In fact, you cannot submit anything without reading and accepting them. The submission guidelines clearly, unmistakably and exhaustively answer the question you have (presumably) asked the named members of our staff: No, you can't, because you have to provide the mission file for a valid submission. When you have done that, make yourself clear about the fact that the staff of this site are doing all the work for you and the other members of the community for free in their spare time.

Now, considering the amount of items you have estimated, the simplicity of your question and the limited time the members of the site staff have at their hands, try to answer this question for yourself: Do you really think the staff has the time to answer requests like this? In my humble opinion, this would be an insult to all the members of the site who make valid requests.

As for your request to submit the mission without a mission file, I would suggest you take a step back from the screen and read the following three sentences slowly and carefully:

You say you want OFPEC to host your mission. You also say, unfortunately you can't allow OFPEC to host your mission. Finally you make a big fuzz because OFPEC refuses to host your mission.

Now think about what you have read. If you don't have a moment of clarity now, read the sentences again until you have it or the hunger becomes unbearable.

I would translate this post into German for you, but unfortunatly I have wasted more of my precious time for writing this post than I actually have.
« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2005, 00:25:17 by Sefe »

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #18 on: 21 Jul 2005, 01:07:38 »
@Chaos

my sympathies for trying best you can with a difficult language, English.

What you want, is for us to advertise your mission. This won't happen. We will

fully host it with a rating, or

test it.

They are not the same things. You do not need to upload the file for a test as we do not advertise it, or host it for later, we test it and comment on it's good, and bad points.

All I can say to you is that having played and looked at your mission some time ago, you put a tremendous amount of work into the detail and readme and etc's. But, it does, indeed, have problems, it does not run well on most machines 2gig4 or otherwise, 1GIG of ram or otherwise and Tonal suffers from extemely poor AI. You did a great job in trying to overcome this.

This is, the best I can do for you. But if you put it up for testing, expect some savage comments.
Just say no to bugz

Offline Chaos

• Contributing Member
  • The best Missions are realistic Missions !
    • Operation Flashpoint Database
« Reply #19 on: 21 Jul 2005, 11:04:51 »

You say you want OFPEC to host your mission. You also say, unfortunately you can't allow OFPEC to host your mission. Finally you make a big fuzz because OFPEC refuses to host your mission.

And here is your/our problem ! No, you havenÂ't understand me correctly guy. I write following:

"I say i want OFPEC to review my mission. And i say, unfortanely i canÂ't allow OFPEC to host my mission."

I think its defferent to your version ?
Well you donÂ't need to wrote books about your stand of view. I think one-two sentences are enough.

I hope you can put it in your database and review it. But i please you to less the mission on ofpmdb server.

So as i already in the textfile said (see about this sentence) - i canÂ't get contact with members of your site, so i send you this file with question about possiblity of this solution.

@ Mikero
Thank you - that is the answer which I would have expected. Briefly, clearly and scarcely.

I knows the problems with Tonal island and its allready well described in the F.a.Q.txt. You must reduce your OFP settings for this island. The most Tonal islands (and it are no more than few) have very little number of scripts and units - BAS knows the limits of OFP/their island. When you reduce all settings after reading the F.a.Q.txt you can play the mission with good performance on systems with 2.2GHz+512MBRAM+Radeon9600SE@128MBRAM.

My configuration is: 2.5GHzAthlonXP(2.2GHz PIV)+512MBRAM+Geforce9600SE@128MB - and the mission works without problems.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #20 on: 21 Jul 2005, 20:06:03 »
OFPEC does not host missions without the actual mission file included in the package.

OFPEC does not allow advertising.

#topic locked
Not all is lost.