Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Operation Preseave peace  (Read 3954 times)

Metalman

Operation Preseave peace
« on: 08 Jun 2005, 19:55:59 »
Hi, Just thought of a good campaign for the Tonali island. This is the storyline so far.

Tonali 2003

For the last year several groups of insurgents have taken root in the capital of Tonal.  The largest, best organisedand funded of these groups is the radical group Atash, led by Tarik Qadan, a local religious Zealot of considerable Influence.

The current prime minister of Surronding area Lebanon, an impressive strong-willed man, has kept the situation in check, often liberally using military force to put down the smallest uprisings. Still the insurgents remain and wait for the opportunioty to strike.

Now the opportunity has arrived. The prime minister has left the country to seek medical care in the United States. almost immediatly his aides begin to bicker amoung themselves and lose control over the Tonali soldiers based in the city. Things degenerate rapidilly from there, as Atash begin stepping up attacks within the city. This continued until Akhbar Al'Soud, a Lebenese Colonel, assumed command of the Militia in Tonal and declared martial law in the city. Shortly after Al'Soud took control large battles began between the radical and militia forces as they vied for control of the city and the country.

The US and NATO have been monitoring the situation closely and have decided the time for intervention has come. A joint-operation, called Operation Presearve peace is begun. Speaheaded by the marines. Only small skirmishes and no casulities the vital Tonal airport is quickly brought under control. Marines then start taking small villages around the airport and make a base of operations.

The campaign is going to be split into three parts, the first part you play as a US Marine, Second part you play as a soldier in the regualr army, the third part i havn't decided, any ideas of what else could be added to the story.

Offline Hauk

• Members
  • I sail under the Jolly Roger!! Pirates are kings!!
Re:Operation Preseave peace
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jun 2005, 21:38:51 »
Okay after a quick think about it....

How about Akhbar Al'Soud is kidnapped by the Atash. His location is unknown and a full scale sweep of the city would be unconventional. The only way to get him back is to do it covertly and under the cover of darkness.
You are a special forces veteran flown in from <insert place name> and you are called in to do the job. No-one knows where Akhbar is and so you must do recon work to try and find him (talk to contacts etc). You finally manage to pinpoint him to a hidden location in the desert/mountains, and you decide to move in and rescue him. You observe patrols etc etc, and decide your plan of attack.

Tonal airport, being the base of operations for the Marines, will serve as your HQ, here's the good bit.. You can call in support on the of the channels, each with increasing amounts of support. But the more support you call in, the less well you do in the mission. Therefore you must work to do it covertly.

Any good?

Hauk

Metalman

« Reply #2 on: 09 Jun 2005, 13:50:55 »
i like the idea. This could be the main focal point of the marines tasks, Recon teams go in and find clues on where they are hiding him, then the marines storm the area and find that the guy is not there. what about then the marines get trapped and cant get out of the city, then a rescue mission could take place which will include the support from the HQ at the airport that you mentioned about, what do you think.

Offline Hauk

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jun 2005, 16:08:29 »
you could split that into two parts. The marines doing recon of the area, they discover where he's being held, and then you send in a blackop team with the support from HQ.
The marines could use the support structure too, that'd be good, but it'd have to be well thought out, so that the support doesn't end up doing  all the work ;)

any more ideas?

Hauk

Metalman

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2005, 10:11:37 »
sounds good, i was recently thinking about adding more to the story line. I was thinking of a conspiracy therory which the US are suppling weapons to the Atash group, They have to cover this up so the agreement they have is that they group tries to have as little contact with US forces as possible. There main forces that the US fight against is the Ex milatry forces. Later on maybe in the second part of the campaign or near the end of the first campaign US Marines find inclines that the US are supporting the Rebels cause. Maybe this could be a corrupt person in the US chain of command. What do you think does it fit in with the plot or sounds out of place. I think i might take ur idea up about the recon group going in the a separate bit fr the support.

Offline Hauk

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2005, 12:27:45 »
Okay thats good

I was thinking of a conspiracy therory which the US are suppling weapons to the Atash group

I wouldn't make that a part of a mission, it'd be great in a cutscene, but if you were going for realism, it wouldn't be great for a player to be going around as a person from Internal Affairs lol, keep that to the cutscenes.

Later on maybe in the second part of the campaign or near the end of the first campaign US Marines find inclines that the US are supporting the Rebels cause

The best way to do this, would be again for it to be done in a cuscene. However, if there is an insider, he/she could tells the rebels that he has  been found out and they should *attack*. You could be just sitting in the airport and alarms start going off and then it cuts to the mission. The rebels have launched a counter assault on the american presence on the area.

Well? Any good?

Hauk  ;D

Metalman

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2005, 18:49:06 »
sounds good exactly what i was thinking. I am just about to start building the recon mission now. What other missions could i do for the campaign any ideas?

Offline Hauk

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2005, 23:25:32 »
Okay.... this is probably a terrible idea, and i know its been done before somewhere.

A marine patrol has gone missing and their last known transmission was at <insert grid ref.>. HQ immediately responds by sending in a task force to do a CSAR. The American people wouldn't accept "missing in action" anymore so a CSAR is the only option.

Upon arrival at that grid reference, its actually an ambush set up by Atash against the marines. You have to fight to get out, and your squads lives depend on your decisions in the heat of the moment. You get two options. To go north and link up with a patrol, or head south into the hills, and hopefully evade capture or certain death.

If you go north, you may have a chance of linking up with support.

If you go south, your deep into enemy territory, and from there on in, its evade and survive.. Maybe some sort of stealth mission here.

What do you think?

Hauk  8)
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2005, 23:28:27 by Hauk »

Metalman

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2005, 15:31:33 »
It's not a bad idea, what about changing a little by a marine recon team scouting out the next objective, on there way back they are ambushed and captured. Marines then have to find the missing patrol by doing a CSAR. this could be done which will result in alot of recon missions and assault missions included. From this tho when the recon team is found the marines storm the hideout and find valuable information regarding the plans for the rebels, what about them finding something about the US secretly suppling weapons to them. This could arouse suspision and the missions after that could be trying to find out more about this conspiracy type thing where then the campaign would end and them disscussing this find and taking futher action. what do you think there is deffinatly room for improvement but it is a good starting point.

Offline Hauk

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 12 Jun 2005, 15:53:15 »
Yeah thats a good idea. So your incorporating the patrol part of the storyline into a mission. Great idea.

You could probably fit a blackop mission into the story there, with a blackop finding the base, and then at daybreak the marines storm it, and the story picks up from there.

what about them finding something about the US secretly suppling weapons to them. This could arouse suspision

put this in a cutscene.

the missions after that could be trying to find out more about this conspiracy type thing where then the campaign would end and them disscussing this find and taking futher action.

You would then have to make the "storm the hideout" mission much harder, if it is to be a campaign finale  ;D

What we have is good, it just needs to be tinkered with to get the right proportions in missions.

Nice 1

Hauk  8)

Metalman

« Reply #10 on: 13 Jun 2005, 12:23:46 »
I will mess around and see what i can do, Just started making the first mission today.

It sounds like a great storyline we have going here. If you have any more ideas just let us know.

Offline Hauk

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 13 Jun 2005, 17:27:49 »
No problem mate  8)  

Hauk  ;D

Offline Hauk

• Members
« Reply #12 on: 13 Jun 2005, 23:40:57 »
Okay, I thought it would be good to make a summary of the story so far:

(i)  Marines - take the airport mission
                  - Marines take some villages around airport - make a mission

(ii) Kidnap - cutscene
                   - marines do recon of area - mission
                   - send in black-op (HQ support) - mission

(iii) Conspiracy
                       - (cutscene)-US supplying weapons
                       - insider tells rebels to attack (cutscene)
                       -rebels launch attack on airbase - mission

(iv)  Recon - scout next objective -ambushed & captured - mission
                         -Black op searches for patrol - pinpoints to area in mountain -mission
                         -Marines conduct CSAR - mission
                         -Patrol found - Marines storm hideout - Mission
                         -They find valuable plans & info on US supplying weapons - cutscene

Notes:

1. Storm hideout mission, should be hard.
2. Black op mission. make missions as realistic as possible. Around 5:00am
3. Marines storm hideout, sunrise.

Thats the story laid out in 4 'chapters'.

What do you think?

Hauk  8)

« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2005, 23:41:50 by Hauk »

Metalman

« Reply #13 on: 15 Jun 2005, 22:43:04 »
Excellent, i like the way the story is going. I will get the first mission nearly ready and post some screenies of it. It's only in early stages at the mo. I was thinking. There could be a campaign afterwards expaling what happens after. Do the marines go after the guy who is secretly suppling weapons, or was the marines involved in this conspiracy. Just an idea but could be worth a shout. Or this could be the final cutscene for the campaign showing you the te truth behind this war. I don't know if this idea seems to be any good.  

Also the conspiracy part (kinda conflicts on the ideas above wont be both) What about when the marines find out that the information has leaked they try to hunt down the person who tells the rebels to attack the US. If they don't find them in time then the conspiracy is known.

what do you think.

Offline Hauk

• Members
« Reply #14 on: 15 Jun 2005, 23:32:27 »
What about when the marines find out that the information has leaked they try to hunt down the person who tells the rebels to attack the US

Nah, the rebels attacking the airport would be a rockin  8) mission. Keep the airport attack.  ;D

I will get the first mission nearly ready and post some screenies of it

I look forward to seeing the screens, i will beta test the mission for you, a team effort 8)

I think we should keep to the story so far, its very solid and interesting.

Lets get this campaign finished first and then we'll do the next one shall we  ;)

Good luck, post some shots :D

Hauk  8)