Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFP 2  (Read 8070 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
OFP 2
« on: 18 May 2005, 16:22:26 »
Okay before you say its better to discuss this on the official forums i was thinking why dont ofpec create there own Ofp2 boar by that i mean well like you have the 'Editing and scripting general' board why not an Ofp2 one becuase as you can see its all ove the home page and at the officiall forums i dont seem to get an actual answer even though i never posted but half the questions turn into basic ofp2 chat and with the vast pages of over 27 pages on ofp per topic it would get a bit boring reading them all to find the answe tyour question.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:OFP 2
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2005, 16:27:55 »
why dont ofpec create there own Ofp2 boar by that i mean well like you have the 'Editing and scripting general' board why not an Ofp2 one

I think it is because it so happens that OFPEC is focused on the editing side of flashpoint. There's nothing in editing that you could talk about with OFP2. More importantly, there's practically nothing we know about OFP2, so all the discussion would be speculations and rumors.

Talking generally about it at flashpoint1985.com you at least have a slight chance of getting an official answer and even better, your comments can be noticed by BIS staff.  ;)

Not all is lost.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2005, 16:31:36 »
woh very quick post within about a minute or so.

Anyway i was just thinking about that it seems like an alright idea but i supose at this time it might not be the greatest becuase yes as you say we dont know much about ofp2 but an idea for the future maybe when we satrt to get more news about it

Also by any chance is ofp2 just going to be called armed assault or ofp2 : armed assault they dont really say.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2005, 16:35:34 »
In the fullness of time we will probably have many OFP2 boards, although that depends on exactly what OFP2 turns out to be.    It may be that existing boards cover both OFP and OFP2.

News about OFP2 is posted on the homepage because it is editing-related:   BIS have said that OFP2 will have a Mission Editor.   However, probably until a demo is released, forum questions about OFP2 will off topic because there is nothing to ask:  we have no editor (or anything else) to play with.

General chit-chat about OFP2 - or OFP1 for that matter - is off topic at OFPEC and will remain so.

Intelligent comment about OFPEC's coverage of OFP2 is on topic.

I appreciate that it is a little confusing.   However, OFPEC has become the best site for OFP editing by being focused on that one area of the game, and that isn't going to change.

I'll leave this thread open for now in case anybody wants to make an intelligent comment about OFPEC's coverage of the recent news.   We will be watching very closely and it will be locked if it strays off topic.   Please stay on topic.  

The best place for general chit-chat about OFP2 is at the official forums!

Edit:  Bah!  That's another pint I owe you Artak.   ;D
« Last Edit: 18 May 2005, 17:17:11 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2005, 16:38:45 »
okay all comment there agreed and about news you could sighn up to codemasters thigy wich basically sends any new news about ofp2 just register and shall send links to demo's, pics, release dates and so on

Homefry31464

« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2005, 17:07:30 »
okay all comment there agreed and about news you could sighn up to codemasters thigy wich basically sends any new news about ofp2 just register and shall send links to demo's, pics, release dates and so on

Actually I don't believe Codemasters is publishing OFP2 anymore...

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2005, 17:12:13 »
how can you not the pictures are right there in front of you but if you mean it wont be called ofp than your possibly right it will end up being called armed assault unless Ofp2 : Armed Assault

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2005, 17:16:37 »
how can you not the pictures are right there in front of you but if you mean it wont be called ofp than your possibly right it will end up being called armed assault unless Ofp2 : Armed Assault

This is what I mean about general chit-chat.   Keep this kind of stuff where it belongs, on the official forums.   ;)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Uldics

« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2005, 19:18:57 »
There are allready too many speculations on official forum. I trust only what official sources have said. And what regards editing, I am 100% sure, it will be same or better way of editing and expandability as now. If not backwards compatible. And there are only two days to wait for new information from BIS. So be patient!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2005, 19:37:09 »
oh cool 2 days i didnt know that and what site may this be, is it the armedassault.com

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2005, 00:57:47 »
yep, I have an hourly lock-refresh on the above url
Just say no to bugz

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #11 on: 19 May 2005, 02:14:02 »
ok well,

I have a good friend who just happens to be going to the E3 tomorow in LA, he might be able to take me but probably not.

the thing is, I wrote down BIS's room number there and gave it to him and he promised hed check out the room and tell me all about it and I will tell you guys on friday and maby we can straighten this whole thing out about ofp2 and ofp x-box and "armed assault". I dont know how much they will say there, but maby they will anounce whats going on.

thanks

Dubieman

« Reply #12 on: 19 May 2005, 02:58:40 »
Finally, OFPEC has ppl on the ground. Though they may be suspect as they are working for free. Either way, spies we have!  :cheers:

I'd like to go to E3. :'(

And to comment on OFPEC's coverage, I think you guys are doing a good job staying on top of the facts. And all our info seems to be very credibal (sp is wrong I know).
« Last Edit: 19 May 2005, 02:59:09 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

Uldics

« Reply #13 on: 19 May 2005, 07:20:36 »
If somebody wants to know something about E3, their homepage (e3expo) is only covering the big companies. But the page http://www.g4tv.com/e32005/day.html is showing some videos and interviews with exhibitors. Nothing yet from BIS, but keep looking, maybe something is there.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #14 on: 19 May 2005, 16:34:05 »
okay well sounds good but one thing is i have not a cluew what this e3 thing is that everyones going on about i kept meaning to have alook about it but forgot or couldnt  be bothered