• macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:OFP 2
« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2005, 16:52:23 »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Skumball

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 19 May 2005, 18:27:30 »
In the news item "BIS press release 2 - Armed Assault" you say that it is like OFP 1.5. How can this be with a new engine and all the other features? Sure smells like OFP2 (even though it's not).

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #17 on: 19 May 2005, 18:50:32 »
ok, I just thought, since BIS and CM has gone each their way, and CM got the name 'OFP', what will happen to OFPEC when AA gets released, and when 'OFP2', with a new name, gets released. Thinking about the name. I mean, it'll be too bad to change name from OFPEC (lol, AAEC sounds...silly), but how are you gonna show that you are a editing site for AA and whatever they will call OFP2? Unless you decide to keep on with only OFP :P

dan ick

« Reply #18 on: 19 May 2005, 18:52:55 »
 ;DHi

What do you reckon the codes and stuff like that will be like for Armed assault.I hope its very similar or the same as OFP as i have learned quite a bit and am really just getting familiar with the editor.
Anyway sorry as this is a bit off topic.

Dan

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #19 on: 19 May 2005, 19:03:45 »
well i think that ofpec should start to have other forums and other missions depot and so on for AA, OFP and OFP2 but after a while everyone should of got ofp2 and therefore ofpec would turn basically into 'OFP2EC.com' wich would be kind of weird well i dont mean change its name it will be more on ofp2 then ofp1 but who knows i supose that up to Sui or who ever is in charge when ofp2 comes out.
I dont think that ofpec should start to turn into an AAEC.com well you know what i mean because AA is not striclty ofp is it well i supose it is but not plus the mission editing in ofp1 and aa will be very much simillar i mean what else could they add to one of the best mission editing functions in any game ive ever played.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #20 on: 19 May 2005, 19:15:23 »
ok, I just thought, since BIS and CM has gone each their way, and CM got the name 'OFP', what will happen to OFPEC when AA gets released, and when 'OFP2', with a new name, gets released. Thinking about the name. I mean, it'll be too bad to change name from OFPEC (lol, AAEC sounds...silly), but how are you gonna show that you are a editing site for AA and whatever they will call OFP2? Unless you decide to keep on with only OFP

The obvious solution is to call the new game "OFPEC".   I'm sure we'd be happy to licence the right to use the name for a very modest sum.    ::)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #21 on: 19 May 2005, 21:04:19 »
Why didnt anyone think of it!  :o
;D
Also AA.info is unregisterable :(
:P

Armed Assault will be the same as OFP concerning scripting and stuff, with extra commands and stuff, AA addons will work with OFP, so the forum can stay same, maybe add the word AA around in thread descriptions :)
- Ben

Offline Fragorl

• Coding Team
  • Former Staff
« Reply #22 on: 20 May 2005, 00:33:10 »
So what new scripting developements do we think there will there be?

Can't really seem to find anything on the official forums as yet

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #23 on: 20 May 2005, 00:43:28 »
Well the official forums have a new forum anyway.   ::)

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #24 on: 20 May 2005, 02:19:55 »
Being too old in the tooth to be anything but cynical. I suspect people that 'armed assault' (tm). Will be correctly versioned and percieved by us as OFP1.5.

My gut tells me that this is OFP with re-rendered eye candy to bring the engine up to newer graphics and that will be about it. It will be (my view) an interim release much like Resistance. New improved everythings but nothing radical engine wise.

Bis long intended to improve the sound qualities so a bit there too. And some improved online play. If your read between the lines of the highlights, bis aren't saying there's anything new, engine wise. And frankly, with their concentration on VBS1 which has made inroads with reliable profits from non gamers (read non cd pirate regimes), the emphasis on something completely new, isn't there.

The latter sentence goes a long way to explain Codemasters disgruntled exit from the scene.

Just say no to bugz

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #25 on: 20 May 2005, 02:28:13 »
The press release does mention a 'new' engine Mikero, but we will just have to wait for more detailed details........hehehehehe.

Planck

Homefry31464

« Reply #26 on: 20 May 2005, 02:29:00 »
The press release does mention a 'new' engine Mikero, but we will just have to wait for more detailed details........hehehehehe.

Planck

Check the main page..  :) ;)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #27 on: 20 May 2005, 02:32:56 »
Just eye candy Homefry, although it is nice, I'm more interested in engine improvements.  ;D ;D

Planck

Homefry31464

« Reply #28 on: 20 May 2005, 02:44:55 »
Just eye candy Homefry, although it is nice, I'm more interested in engine improvements.  ;D ;D

Planck

I agree mate... but such nice eye candy it is.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #29 on: 20 May 2005, 04:13:31 »

Yeah, right I note your cyncisn too Planck.

The point is WE are the editing centre. People will be looking to us for something other than gushing over exuberence. They might go to the Czech site for the latest flashy addon. But they come here for reviews on them and testing. So we can afford to be a little more analytical and a little more critical of what is NOT new.

Assuming this release (if it happens, big if chaps, I'm deeply suspicious) will be 'compatible', I'd expect we will have a pretty strong team effort to check that fact.

Am thinking ahead here to ofpec strategy to get maximum hits on the site from people transiting from ofp1 -> whatever. Becoming a premier site for compatibility fixes and information....

Just say no to bugz