Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: support trucks  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
support trucks
« on: 06 Feb 2005, 16:54:52 »
I need a way to make support trucks keep up with my armor column.  I have tried giving them a support waypoint, which they will hold at until called.  This is OK, they stay safely back.  The problem is, they only support once, then disembark and won't do anything else.  I may need support again so how can I make the truck come to a second location?  I have tried making multiple wp's and using a cycle wp, both to no avail.  I don't want to attach the support trucks to the group if I don't have to.  Any ideas?

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
Re:support trucks
« Reply #1 on: 06 Feb 2005, 17:01:46 »
Synchronize waypoints?

So that when tanks have reached a waypoint further ahead, trucks move a bit closer and so on.

I don't know, just a guess. But might be good enough like this.
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2005, 17:03:27 by Baddo »

pazuzu

« Reply #2 on: 07 Feb 2005, 01:56:26 »
I've used a tracking script for support...

You just activate the tracking script at start of mission(in init file or trigger) and use triggers to take fuel from trucks or add fuel.

The trucks will want to track you the whole time but can only do it if they have fuel in their vehicles.

Hope it helps.

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
« Reply #3 on: 09 Feb 2005, 16:23:41 »
The problem is, they only support once, then disembark and won't do anything else.
If you as a player have used their support, you need to call "Support done" after they're done. That way, they will be released back to the support system, so to speak.

The "support done" call is made by pressing 5 - 1 - 5   (Status - Call Support - Done)

Now, the bad news: the support system doesn't work properly in MP. Bugged. Support units will not heed calls for support from players unless the supporting unit is local to the calling player's machine.

That means it will not work for any player if the mission runs on a dedicated server. AI:s not under player control however, are able to call for support. They, on the other hand, however, have the problem of never calling "Support Done" so supporting units will most often remain on the front line.

It's funny how most things in OFP related to MP beyond the bare neccessities for TDM or other simple mission types are broken...  ::)
« Last Edit: 09 Feb 2005, 16:25:01 by Killswitch »