Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: setmarkerpos requires clientside ?  (Read 940 times)

ROBINO

setmarkerpos requires clientside ?
« on: 09 Feb 2005, 00:34:33 »
hi chaps

I'm executing a script to move a marker around a multiplayer map.  I know that for MP maps the importance of using PUBLICVARIABLE command to send a variable to all machines is important but:

If the position of the marker is changes using the setmarkerpos command on the server will i need to use the PUBLICVARIABLE to transmit that position to the clients for them to SEE it ?

and

If the position of the marker is changes using the setmarkerpos command on a client will i need to use the PUBLICVARIABLE to transmit that position to the other client and server for them to SEE it ?

I hope u can help me as my script is almost cracked  :)

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
Re:setmarkerpos requires clientside ?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Feb 2005, 13:15:57 »
If the position of the marker is changes using the setmarkerpos command on the server will i need to use the PUBLICVARIABLE to transmit that position to the clients for them to SEE it ?

Yes

If the position of the marker is changes using the setmarkerpos command on a client will i need to use the PUBLICVARIABLE to transmit that position to the other client and server for them to SEE it ?

Yes, and off course the same publicvariable will inform the
server also about it.

:note - you can't publicvariable an array (=a markerposition),
therefore you need to make two individual variables out
of your markerpos, and publicvariable them both to inform
the other participiants in network.

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

ROBINO

Re:setmarkerpos requires clientside ?
« Reply #2 on: 09 Feb 2005, 16:46:55 »
thnx chris u da man  :D