Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: trapped on an tropical island  (Read 6177 times)

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
trapped on an tropical island
« on: 03 Jan 2005, 05:45:15 »
i dont know if its been done before so sry if it is but

island: one of the tropical vietnam island addons
time:present
situation: a flight of 10 c-130s is on route to Iraq filled with U.S army soldiers a long w/ support APC calvelry attaced to the infantry unit is heading over to iraq to fill in for another unit whos tour is up. they are heading west over the pacific to iraq from california or somthing. they are blown off course by a typhoon and head over the airspace of an island off the coast of southern china held by a renegade comunist chinese general and his forces(kiinda like guba) the c-130s are shot down by the chinese and crashland, some blow up but others land intact w/ the men inside still alive. The U.S forces then must fight the chinese units and try to make their way to a radio or somthing and contact The U.S to get rescued.

the player can be the only survivor of one of the C-130s and must fight his way through the forests and chinese troops to see if any other men have survived and when he meets up w/ the survivors they must fight their way to contact us forces and get rescued,

could be a whole campaign

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
Re:trapped on an tropical island
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jan 2005, 10:55:44 »
Sounds good to me   :)

If you changed it so it was some other plane that crashed, you could use this
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4183
(Extra Effect)  ;)

Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

BronzeEagle

« Reply #2 on: 03 Jan 2005, 12:59:52 »
Sounds good to me too.  There is an island called pacific island which would serve you well.  What kind of forces were on route?  Rangers?  What did they scavenge from the wreckage?  

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jan 2005, 02:20:50 »
sry for the double post, i was experincing bad lag and my internet went down rite after.

anyways

well, i was thinking of using ashau valley

and for the begining:

player somehow survives crash, he is inside the plane(which is heavyly dammaged, the planes front end is hanging over a cliff and starts to tilt back and forth, and if the player does not run out in time the plane will fall off the edge with him in it, it then slides down the steep hill and into a river. {{{I have gotten the plane to wobble then slide off and into the water through a small script that gives it a tiny push. and i know the perfect spot on the island this will work.}}} The player starts w/ only his pistol on his holster(his rifle is still in the plane) but he soon finds another from the wreakage that didnt fall off the cliff if he looks. from his starting point he can also see smoke coming through part of the forrest about click away.(if he dosent notice himself it will be pointed out to him like"I think i should head to where that smoke is"

when he gets there he finds another crashed c-130 and about 10 men who survived busy trying to do somthing.

« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2005, 02:22:45 by penguinman »

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jan 2005, 08:46:43 »
That sounds good  :D

You could have, like, a trail of debree coming from the crashed planes, so it looks like they spilled their cargo on impact  ;)
RAAB

Offline DrStrangelove

• Members
  • Mr.Creative
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jan 2005, 10:10:33 »
I like the idea. How about before the crash 2 parachutes with equipment have been dropped out of the plane, so the player also needs to find those 2 to get more ammo & better weapons.

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jan 2005, 17:27:17 »
Yeah  ;)

Or maybe you could have it so some of the guys bailed out before the crash, and if you find them, they join your team.
RAAB

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
  • Who is da operation flashpoint freak now, freak?!
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #7 on: 08 Jan 2005, 03:12:57 »
yep.. maybe if the place doesnt have enough trees you can place even more rocks, trees and other obstacles and objects.. Yea and maybe at extraction you have to call for helicopter extraction and the helicopter just stays on the ground for 30 seconds. and in that 30 seconds you should be gunning down infantry thats coming towards the helicopter :D that would be a good idea right?
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: 08 Jan 2005, 04:07:45 »
ya except u dont have helos. your "trapped" u dont even have a squad until u find it at the other crash site. ;)

maby in the following missions u travel and find more crashes and more men until you have like 60, and then u can try attacking an enemy base

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #9 on: 08 Jan 2005, 05:23:00 »
one question, penguinman:
how do you plan to have the player in a dead plane? it wouldn't work very well....

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: 08 Jan 2005, 06:17:51 »
i dont intend for it to be dead im just gona use setpos and bury it in the ground

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
  • Who is da operation flashpoint freak now, freak?!
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #11 on: 08 Jan 2005, 09:34:47 »
it is possible when the plane has died and u use setdammage 0 command once it has been destroyed. It still look smokey and destroyed but you can get in again and shoot if its an army unit.
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage

OrangeLeader

« Reply #12 on: 10 Jan 2005, 14:31:46 »
Troops in the plane would not be able to bail out with out advanced warning. They would have to put on chutes and everything. I like the idea of dropping some equipment. Like in a cutscene show one plane that has engough time to reatc. the Pilot tell the guys to get the stuff ready to do a drop.

In the beginning there should only be light weapons. No RPGs, M60, or stuff like that. The player has to run if there is armour i nthe beginning, which is realistic if this was a actual situation. Those would be stored in crates when in transite. Have those drop somewhere or in some wreckage.

Another part of the mission could include saving some captured soldiers.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #13 on: 14 Jan 2005, 00:35:04 »
yes exactly thats what i mean

but insted of parachuting the cargo how about having it be sucked out through the hole in the plane made by the missle

OrangeLeader

« Reply #14 on: 15 Jan 2005, 21:43:13 »
well as tough as military equipment is, they are not tough enough to be dropped several thousand feet without a chute. (My dad told me a story about when he saw an artilery piece being air drop and the chust did nto open. The barrel plowedc right into the ground. Lets just say it was not operational after that.) Parachuting a few things makes senes.

Also don't say that the planes accidently flew over the island. Say there had to travel near it and the Chinese do not believe in the interantion rules governing boundaries. The US was in international waters but that is not wah tthe Chinese believe so the shoot them down. The US does not "accidently" do anything with China.