Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: winter missions !  (Read 1758 times)

Offline gambla

• Members
winter missions !
« on: 08 Nov 2004, 15:33:08 »
it`s gettin cold in germany !  :-[
and matching the weather and temperatures out here, i think i like to play now the legendary winter kolgujev by kegetys.  ::)
who of you guys tried it already ? i did not yet find too many sp-missions ... ??? any other good winter-based add-ons/mods etc. ?

cheers,
gambla

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:winter missions !
« Reply #1 on: 08 Nov 2004, 15:36:25 »
It's not good, but since it Nogojev you get all warm and fuzzy about it: :P

http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?ID=716

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #2 on: 08 Nov 2004, 16:10:14 »
Try FDF-mod v1.3. It contains several winter maps (including the Winter Kolgujev/Nogojev) and there are plenty of missions availiable at the FDF-mod site.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

1shottokill

« Reply #3 on: 08 Nov 2004, 17:50:49 »
You can get FDF 1.3 in the (newly reopened) addons depot. ;D

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #4 on: 09 Nov 2004, 09:28:58 »
I actually prefer winter kolgujev  to winter Nogojev with my low end system. The forests in Nogojev lag my old PC big time. But if u have a reasonably fast PC you will be fine. The great thing about both islands, ofcourse, is that you can copy and paste any mission made in BIS Kolgujev to them  ;) . With a quick unit swap in the mission.sqm file to snow units you can very quickly accumulate some great snow missions.

I hear the FDF island is very good also, and if memory serves, I believe Avonlady has a total CWC snow conversion available on her website. Replay the game in winter  ;)

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/index.htm

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Offline gambla

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 09 Nov 2004, 09:55:15 »
thanks for all your replies !  :) i think i must have a look on this FDF,
heard only good things about it !

what type of missions do you play this time ? and what are your favourite types, e.g. woodland, desert, winter etc. ?

i guess i have finished now about a 30 missions of the ofpec`s top rated mssions, now i play the latest ones incoming.  :)

cheers,
gambla

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 09 Nov 2004, 13:10:04 »
It's true there aren't enough winter missions, but the Missions Depot is a treasure trove.      Older missions are occasionally a little creaky but usually still fun.    MD scores use the full range from 0-10 (well ok, 9) so all the 5s are worth playing.    Many of the 3s and 4s are too, though its worth reading the review first.    1s are quite popular, and if they are addon-free sometimes worth it for the laugh.

The point is, you don't need to restrict yourself to high scoring or recent missions.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline gambla

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 09 Nov 2004, 15:27:19 »
@mac: sure, i will play the lower rated missions too - i was only curious
 what you guys are playing right now ?   - i think i will play them all till OFP2 is out, whenever this will be  :-\  

your right with some missions...

i had my last laugh yesterday, when i had to drive my officer to a village as a first objective. we came to a crossroads when two russian tanks came from the left. the first one passed by, the second stopped right at my left side like he wants to wait for me to go on. just as i drove on, this tank rammed us, finishing our car.  >:(  the officer left the car, standing around-  no comment, that`s it - end of mission !  :D

please excuse my english...

Offline gambla

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 11 Nov 2004, 12:28:39 »
hmmm... ::) maybe that wasnÂ't too funny...or they do a winter sleep
already !  :)

anyway, come on ! what missions are you folks playing right now ?
do you just play anything you get or maybe desert missions,
thinking of the troops in iraq ?  ::)

Dubieman

« Reply #9 on: 14 Nov 2004, 01:48:23 »
Hey, winter missions...
Maybe before end of January I might get one going. Although I have like 4 other projects. ;) :P
Just got winter vehicles and Kolgujev winter. :)

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I don't play only one kind of mission. I play whatever I get or can download without lots of addons. Whether it be in the beta section, missions depot, missions from my team members, or where ever. ;D

You can never be to diverse, and it makes it all the much more fun. ::) :P

Homefry31464

« Reply #10 on: 18 Nov 2004, 15:19:37 »
Also, for those missions, you can take any mission on Kolgujev and simply play that mission on the winter island.

The Avon Lady also made some conversions for people who wanted winter missions.