Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Final Countdown an alternate universe campaign  (Read 2187 times)

darrok6970usa

Final Countdown an alternate universe campaign
« on: 12 Nov 2004, 23:41:12 »
The movie Final countdown is about modern aircraft carrier that is thrown back in time to 1941 near Hawaii, just hours before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour. in this alternate timeline the Nimitz does not go back but stays and helps modernize the US and her allies during WWII.

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
Re:Final Countdown an alternate universe campaign
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2004, 23:43:40 »
not a bad idea, that would need a really scripted intro though..
other than that, BAS and some WWII mod would easily do that for you...

Ade

« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2004, 00:14:57 »
Nice, and how about this - the player leads a team sent back to track down a renegade who has been secretly supplying the Germans with modern weapons, to try and change the course of the war?

Ade

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2004, 00:35:52 »
i thought it was unintentional (going back in time)...never seen the movie though

darrok6970usa

« Reply #4 on: 13 Nov 2004, 01:53:38 »
The travel back in time was unintentional but they had the option to help stop the attack on Pearl, In my workup of this Campaign the Nimitz does not cross the time barrier back to the present and stays to fight the war... I love the idea of a renegade who sells the technology to the Nazi's and I will use it.  So far I have a Concept and a half ass worked Campaign tree. I think that it would intresting to see major WWII battles done with some modern weapons

Lean Bear

« Reply #5 on: 13 Nov 2004, 11:04:29 »
Sounds like a winner to me ;)

I don't think you'd want to replicate the fx that the film uses, with those dated green flashing lights ;D  But I think that the intro itself could be someting special.

Is there actually an aircraft addon that can launch planes etc. ?

darrok6970usa

« Reply #6 on: 13 Nov 2004, 16:07:07 »
yes there is and it is gonna take a lot of scripting to pull it off

djackl

« Reply #7 on: 14 Nov 2004, 09:51:37 »
The travel back in time was unintentional but they had the option to help stop the attack on Pearl, In my workup of this Campaign the Nimitz does not cross the time barrier back to the present and stays to fight the war... I love the idea of a renegade who sells the technology to the Nazi's and I will use it.  So far I have a Concept and a half ass worked Campaign tree. I think that it would intresting to see major WWII battles done with some modern weapons

How about having some evil Germans find out how to send people back in time, and thus send some of their own people back in time to destroy the Nimitz?

darrok6970usa

« Reply #8 on: 14 Nov 2004, 13:43:01 »
well the travel back in time was a phenomenon and since they leave the area to help fight the war instead of hold course they thus leave the area of the phenomenon, LOL sounds very uhhhh sciency fictiony lol... but I would rather use the idea of a nazi sympathizer selling tech to germany

OrangeLeader

« Reply #9 on: 14 Nov 2004, 17:36:57 »
You said you wanted to see WWII battles with modern stuff. That would not happen. If people from the future help the US modernize there would not be big battles becasue they would have the advantage and would just runover the germans.

The one thing that is iffy about the idea is the Nimitz help to modernize the the US military, is the could not do it. Sure they would say have a 12 Tomcats. The US would not be able to backwards engineer them. In 1941 the materials to make the tomact were not in existants. The personel on the carrier really would not know enough about the stuff they work on to be of any real help. The only two things that would have an effect are....the guns and the reactor. If the US goverment had an M16 they would be able to examine it and take some of the concepts behind the rifle and apply them to their designs. But they would not be handing M16 instead of M1 rifles to infantry soldiers in '41. The reactor would be the big thing. The people in the Manhtan Project woud have been able to create the atomic bomb faster. I don't know how that would change the war. We only used the bomb in Japan becacuse it would have taken forever to invade mainland Japan. They would have fought to the last man. But it is the only possibilty of real change if the Nimitz went back in time.
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2004, 17:39:35 by OrangeLeader »

darrok6970usa

« Reply #10 on: 14 Nov 2004, 21:41:00 »
on board the nimitz is a fabrication shop for repairs and some maitenance and even weapon parts and tooling but too look at this as a possible thing in real history . nahhhh but it would make a hell of a story, cmon realism aside guys we all know that it cannot be but helping the us fabricate m-16's and other ordanance is possible with what is there.. it is for the story not the realism