Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC - Community's Mission  (Read 11524 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:OFPEC - Community's Mission
« Reply #30 on: 08 Sep 2004, 23:37:42 »
read all the posts macca :P

...the motorbikes seemed 2 fast at start untill the american send other motors 2 the chase, and artak had to get rid of them because they can be dangerous for their rescue mission...

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #31 on: 09 Sep 2004, 15:50:30 »
Meanwhile

The 22nd Armoured Infantry Division has landed on everon and is procceding towards Figari and Hill 91, still with no idea that the've been sent in the wrong direction.
« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2004, 15:50:57 by Tim Pink »
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #32 on: 13 Sep 2004, 15:35:52 »
...The two US motorbike scouts swooped behind Artak and his team from somewhere behind the factory. Artak knew he had no choise but to engage them or they would compromise the safety of meeting macguba and homefry.

Some A10's did a flew over at very low altitude when Artak's team was engaging the enemy. Maybe they noticed the muzzle flashes, maybe they didn't.. Taking out the US scouts was not a big deal, and Artak started to make his way to the meeting point again, but aware of the fact that the US might now know his current location...

In the meantime macguba and Homefry could see the USS Oak Hill, which had sailed to the West coast, fire a couple of flares to the coast line...
Not all is lost.

Homefry31464

« Reply #33 on: 13 Sep 2004, 21:11:24 »
"Mac, " whispered Homefry, "what do you suppose this means for the rescue?"
"Well, " macguba replied, "it's going to be much harder to get LCD out the longer we wait.  Have you heard anything on the radio?"
"No, not really, just some static. I heard some gunfire in the distance, sounded like AK's... I didn't hear any M16's..."
"Maybe it's Artak..."
"I hope so, the sooner the better."

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #34 on: 14 Sep 2004, 11:18:08 »
At Cd45 the Americans at the roadblock heard the gunfire too.     They were facing north though, and didn't see anything.     The roadblock was well placed:  just south of the crest, about 100m south of the junction with the side road.     Drugrunners coming from the north down the road wouldn't see them till it was too late.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

1shottokill

« Reply #35 on: 14 Sep 2004, 18:06:09 »
The drugrunners crept down the hill one of them said 'i knew we should've taken NVGs. I can't see a thing in this dark' The commander of the roadblock encircled his forces around the hapless two and he personally fired 2 shots from his S&W into their skulls. 'Command, this is Roadblock command, drugrunners terminated. Good job Roadblock command, go back to your posts, expect reinforcements in a couple of hours. Out.
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2004, 18:13:25 by 1 shot to kill »

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #36 on: 16 Sep 2004, 18:21:33 »
At Cd45 the Americans at the roadblock heard the gunfire too.    They were facing north though, and didn't see anything.    The roadblock was well placed:  just south of the crest, about 100m south of the junction with the side road.    Drugrunners coming from the north down the road wouldn't see them till it was too late.
Sorry, I know this is too long a post :-[ ...
I'm skipping the posts below that quoted one as I'm getting the feeling the posts are not going to be used... :P

And if this is way off, or otherwise wrong, you know what do with this...

Kaliyga drives the truck. Asmodeus is already counting the $$ (or whatever...) in his head when suddenly Kaliyga hits the brakes and yipes (way too high for his usual voice...):
Kaliyga : "Aarrh!! Oh s**t!!"
Asmodeus: "What the...!!??"
For a second they stare right at the american soldiers at the roadblock.
Asmodeus: "For the love of God, back up!! Back up!!" (and as backing up in OFP is hard to implement ;D ) Kaliyga turns the truck around and hits the pedal to the metal.
After a short confusion, the americans go after them with their M113 (or??)
Once the M113 gets moving the americans get a radio call telling that contact has been lost on a motorbike scout team which had reported  investigating something they saw, not far from the roadblock.
The M113 turns around and heads to investigate the situation. MIA overrides any druglord hunt...

Not knowing the americans are not behind their tails anymore, Asmodeus and Kaliyga are panicing a bit...
Kaliyga: "Were they there for us?! How could they be there for us!!?!"
Asmodeus: "They couldn't have been... Unless Toadlife has grown some balls and done some deal with the yanks... Quick, turn right!" (check the direction :P)
Asmodeus and Kaliyga arrive to a church. They drive the truck behind it so that it can't be seen from the road.
Kaliyga: "Phew..."
Then, there's a tap on the driver window. A soldier (Homefry) aims at Kaliyga.
Asmodeus turns to his window. Another soldier there.
Macguba: "Hi..."
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2004, 18:22:26 by HateR_Kint »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #37 on: 16 Sep 2004, 21:10:39 »
Homefry recognises the two ambushed gangsters and quickly shouts for macguba to stand down. As a top notch Spec Op, Homefry has the top secret information of the Russian and the Nogovan drug cartel mutual agreenment to help each other. The men introduced them selves and had a look at the current situation. Kaliuga warned them of the coming M113, and the men decided to stay at the church to ambush it, after all macguba and homefry would be a suprice element in the ambush...

LCD OUT

« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2004, 21:12:18 by Artak »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Homefry31464

« Reply #38 on: 16 Sep 2004, 21:36:34 »

"Alright, we've got a problem.... we're running out of time, LCD can't be doing to good in there, and the Americans are landing more forces onto the island as we speak. And to top it all off, our radio doesn't work well enough to contact HQ.  We are going to have to wait for Artak, there's no way we can go in by ourselfs, " Homefry announced (long quote, I know)
"We need to do something, somehow.  Kali, Asmo, do you have anything we could use?" macguba asked...

Are we now discussing gameplay elements, etc?  Do I need to make my quotes move the mission along more? Or is adding dialouge in fine?

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #39 on: 17 Sep 2004, 12:44:22 »
Taking out the US scouts was not a big deal, and Artak started to make his way to the meeting point again, but aware of the fact that the US might now know his current location...
We are going to have to wait for Artak, there's no way we can go in by ourselfs,

Before leaving the location Artak and his team hide the dead bodies and throw some bushes over the bikes.

Not long after they started to foot off towards the RV again, they can see the M113 appearing from behind a hill and closing in...
Artak and his team hit the dirt.
Artak whispers: "Hold your fire..."
Suddenly, they hear some english shouts from their right, and see a small infantry team (unaware of Artaks presence, strenght maybe 4 or 5?) legging towards them...
Artak: "Oh, come on... Give me a brake..."

(Ok, I bent the rules a bit :-[, but aren't they bend already?? )

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #40 on: 19 Sep 2004, 08:43:50 »
...Artak whispers "Ok, get that PK up here, now!, Wheres that RPG? Get up here!"

The soldiers slowly crawl up to Artak, and he orders everyone to get ready. The US soldiers walk past Artak and his men, and then Artak yells "NOW!"....

(p.s could I be one of the US soldiers, and I get captured, then interrogated? I dont mind if i get killed afterwards, as long as I was involved ;D - Thx)
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2004, 08:46:06 by LooseKannon »

Homefry31464

« Reply #41 on: 22 Sep 2004, 03:46:04 »
A small firefight ensues, but the America's are quickly killed.  Artak proceeds on his route, quietly making his way to meet macguba and Homefry, along with Kali and Asmo.

Meanwhile, LCD starts to show signs of giving in, but he is holding out for the time being.    The American's keep landing more troops and APC's on the island, the timeframe for a successful mission is quickly running out.

djackl

« Reply #42 on: 22 Sep 2004, 23:49:40 »
22nd Armoured Infantry Division - Everon - Hill 91

Djackl : Oh crap, theres nothing here!
Driver : You sure? Maybe we won already?
Djackl : Nah this all seems a little fishy to me, I say we go back to Nogova and sort all this mess out with our CO.
Driver : What a waste of time!
Djackl : Well, you can stay here and enjoy the sunshine if you want, but we have to report in.
Driver : Ok....
Djackl : Back to Nogova my friends!
Driver : The map's upside down, sir.
Djackl : Quiet you.

(p.s. i know u said no more cutscenes but i have good plans for the 22nd, they could come in at the last minute or something when it looks like the US have no more reinforcments to call up, or they could accidentally stumble accross Artak or something).

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #43 on: 23 Sep 2004, 09:46:54 »
... Meanwhile, LCD was sitting quiently in his holding cell. Since he had been captured, he had been thinking up a cunning plan to escape. The guard change was just about to take place. LCD walked up to the metal bars surrounding his cell, and yelled out "ALARM!". immediatly, an alarm bell started ringing. His guard turned around, because LCD has yelled in his ear, but it was too late...

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #44 on: 23 Sep 2004, 16:15:06 »
... But as Spec Ops are not that easy to surprise within a flash LCD finds three rifles pointing at his face and he has no other option but to stand down.

snYpir picks up the phone, and gets reports on MIA troops and gunfire. He puts the phone down,picks it up again and hits a number.
snYpir: "Ok, double the guards, again. And I'm seriously thinking we should move LCD. You know the prisoners mental/physical condition, so you tell me if that would be wise..."
snYpir gets a report on the LCDs latest attempt.