Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC - Community's Mission  (Read 11519 times)

Texas

Re:OFPEC - Community's Mission
« Reply #15 on: 06 Sep 2004, 17:39:23 »
00:05, somewhere on the western beach of Nogova

Asmodeus :Cr*p, those guys are already 10 minutes late!

(a boat in the horizon, approaching the shore)

Kaliyuga: "Boss, I think its them."

Asmodeus: "Finally." (when the boat reches the shore) "Damn, you russian guys arent punctual at all."

Rakov: "We had a slight problem, nothing to worry about, Asmodeus."

Asmodeeus" I hope my merchandise didnt have any "slight problems" either, would it?"

Rakov: "No, no its right here. Do you have the money?"

Asmodeus: "Kaliyuga" (he takes themoney to rakov) "500 grand in 20 dollar bills"

Rakov: "Splendid. I shall be going now. (walks a bit towards the boat) You know where to find me"

Asmodeus "Ok, get the stuff in the truck, we'll stash it in our new hideout, no-one will dare to approach Frymburg now, even the government forces are too fightened to do anything."

By 00:15, the 3-car convoy is headed to Frymburg via the road in Petrovice.
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2004, 22:00:00 by Texas »

Komuna

« Reply #16 on: 06 Sep 2004, 17:55:21 »
hour = 24:00, D+1
location = Hill 117, resistance provisory logistics center, near Mirov

"Sergei, go to the observation post and relieve Sasha. Report to channel 103. Homefry, what time is it?" - macguba asked, getting ready for the meeting with Artak.
"It's 00:06."
"Good, we shall proceed to the rendez-vouz point."
"We should take the way around the forest. The american scouts don't know our status and we must keep it that way." advised Homefry.

Seems that the resistance haven't spotted snYpir and, thus, they proceed unaware to hill 162, which is supposed to be neutral territory.

Meanwhile...

Sergei: "Comrade macguba, I see a special forces squad approaching Mirov. They are reenforcing their base"...
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2004, 10:43:14 by Artak »

1shottokill

« Reply #17 on: 06 Sep 2004, 18:47:13 »
Noon and toadlife meet for emergency talks in lipany about the invading russians and how the americans plan to build a nuclear missile silo in st.sedlo. However macguba has bugged their conversation and despite the best efforts of SnYpir and 1shot to kill (sorry bout me being there, no U.S special forces hunter! ;D) he manages to get back to sefe with the tape of the talks and immediatly sefe deploys artak to monitor the area around st.sedlo and tasks LCD to search eastern everon for a possible site for a silo.
Then KtottE tells Noon that the russians are massing for a huge attack on mirov possibly preparing to strike at petrovice or modrava. Noon is shocked and sends snypir to steal important documents from the russians main base at the airport.

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 06 Sep 2004, 21:38:56 »
The fact that Figari is on Everon, not Nogova, and Hill 91 is SE not SW of it, seems to have escaped his attention.
LOL, that's pretty shockling...
I was tired, but wanted to make a start on the American intro. I think I'll leave it for a bit now. ;)

Also, a LMAO out to djackl for his use of my drastic mistake. ;D

Great work everyone, this is coming along nicely! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2004, 21:42:09 by Noon416 »
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #19 on: 07 Sep 2004, 03:31:08 »
0200 hours
Hill something or other (wherever the "right" hill is where the american breakthrough will actually be attempted  :P)

Tim Pink stared intently through his sights, trying desperately to see in the darkness, he shivered slightly from the cold, it had been raining for 7 hours now with no sign of letting up.

He heard a rustle at his side and glanced around to see Pathy looking at him with his stupid childish grin.
"Anything yet sir?"

"I cant see a fuckin thing Pathy, hows the radio coming along?".
"This weather is causing extreme interferance sir, i cant raise anyone"

Tim Pink slowly shifted his gun and peered back through the sites, "Pathy tell the men to get ready, the Americans willl strike soon, we have to hold this line."
"Yes Sir" replied Pathy as he crept off.

"This is bullshit" Tim muttered to himself.
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2004, 08:03:36 by Tim Pink »
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

OrangeLeader

« Reply #20 on: 07 Sep 2004, 03:53:00 »
24:00
American controlled 'Northern Airfield'

Orangeleader walks to his Apache after a breifing for todays operation. He sees his gunner doing his final pre-flight-check.

Gunner: "Hey Captain you ready. Finally a real mission. Arn't you excited."

Gunner has not seen real combat. He finished flight school less than 6 months ago and is very eager to test his skills on live targets

Orangeleader: "Son, comabt is not fun or exciting. It is our job and we will do our job to the best of our ability, right soldier?"

Orangeleader is a veteran pilot of several campaigns. He knows what comabt is like.

Gunner: "Yes sir."

Orangeleader: "Hurry and finish your pre-flight-check. We need to get this show on the road. The M113 are already on the move."

Orangeleader looked out onto the dark country side. He had an uneasy feeling about this mission. He reached to check for his Glock. He feared that he may need it on this mission. He always feels uneasy going up againts Russians. Some thing always goes wrong...

Gunner: "Ready sir."

Orangeleader: "Saddle up."

Orangeleader and Gunner take off from the airfield leading a whole apache air wing. Call sign: Iron Fox

Orangeleader: "(M113 call sign) this is Iron Fox, we have you covered. Over"

Noon: "Roger that Iron Fox, glad to have your support. (M113 call sign) Over and out."

« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2004, 10:42:39 by Artak »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #21 on: 07 Sep 2004, 19:53:09 »
This is the second summary post.   Read the previous summary in Reply#11 before reading this.   This summary has been agreed by Arkak and LCD:  discussion or comment is not permitted.    If you don't like something, post good ideas to bring the mission back to your way of thinking.   ;D  

Many thanks to everybody who has contributed, keep those good ideas coming in.     Apologies if you feel hard done by:  I've had to combine/edit some ideas slightly to make the whole thing fit together.    This is going to be a big mission and we'll have a lot of  lagdemons to fight so we have to keep it tight.

The mission started at 22:30.  It is now around 01:00.

Russians

At the Russian front line, poor atmospheric conditions are causing problems for radio communications.   The troops are aware that an American counterattack can be expected.

Sefe remains at the airfield.  We don't know who Armstrong really is, so he has been left back with Sefe until we discover.   Artak's (player) Spetz Natz team is approaching the American front line somewhere.   (Not disguised, that's too complicated for a mission like this.  Sorry Armsty.)    THIS IS THE WHERE THE MISSION IS:  EVERYTHING ELSE IS CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND.  WHERE IS ARTAK?  HOW WILL HE TACKLE THE FRONT LINE?  The mission may use random elements here, and/or a dialogue for the player to choose stealth/fight through.

Resistance (Russian ally)

macguba and Homefry have seen snYpir arrive at the special forces base at the church on the hill NE of Mirov.  They are leaving to meet Artak at the Church on Hill 162.   They believe (wrongly) that the US is unaware of their presence in the Mirov area.  LCD remains captive in the special forces camp.

Americans

Noon is on his way to Petrovice for a crisis meeting with toadlife.   KTottE remains in charge back at the American airfield.   snYpir has just arrived at the special forces camp near Mirov with reinforcements for the guard.    

In return for Toadlife's permission to bring tactical nuclear missions onto Nogova, and aware that the druglords now effectively control part of the island and may decide to ally themselves with the Resistance and/or the Russians, the Americans have agreed to help the Nogovan Goverent in its drugs war.   American forces are setting up a road block in order to catch Asmo and Kali, the druglords: this is behind the US front line and probably several km away from where Artak will cross the US lines.

Some American Bradleys are sailing to Everon.  We don't expect to see them again in the mission.   US Apache helicopters are preparing to support the forthcoming American offensive.  In spite of their success over the previous 24 hours the crews are apprehensive.

Nogovan Government (US ally)

toadlife is waiting in Petrovice for a crisis meeting with Noon.

Drug Cartel

Asmodeus and Kaliyuga are taking delivery of drugs somewhere on a beach on Nogova.   They will put the gear in a truck and head for Frymberg.  They anticipate no trouble as they have terrorised the Government forces and they do not expect the US forces to intervene.

I have created a mission to show what's going on.  It has nothing but markers on the map, a player unit and a little transport.    Some of the markers are firm (for example most of the bases) but the "areas" are all pretty vague.   You can change the boundaries a bit if you like.

Questions that need to be answered.   Max 1 answer per post.

1)  What is the date?

2)  Who is Armstrong?  Why is he so annoying to General Sefe?

3)  The US roadblock attempting to catch Asmo & Kali is near Petrovice, but where exactly?

4)  Where is the beach where Asmo & Kali took delivery of the drugs?  

5)  Artak is about to tackle the American front line.  Where?  What do the Americans have there?

• Keep posts short - max 50 words.
  • No new characters!   We have too many already.
  • Cutscenes bad.  Gameplay good.
  • What you write must be consistent with what has gone before
  • Check the attached map before posting.[/b]

Edit:  slight edits.
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2004, 20:38:43 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Texas

« Reply #22 on: 07 Sep 2004, 20:42:29 »
The drug Delivery would occur where i placed the area in  your mission i modifyed, just north of the US lines.

Misssion showing the drug beach:

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #23 on: 08 Sep 2004, 01:29:44 »
Trusting Artak to know the situation better, Sefe had left it open which route the Spetz Natz team should take on their way to meet macguba and Homefry. It was a diffucult desicion for Artak.

The way he saw it he had only two possible routes. East behind the abandonned factory or South-East through Vidlakov. The later being more safe, but longer and the first being dangerouns but shorter, Artak decided...
Not all is lost.

Homefry31464

« Reply #24 on: 08 Sep 2004, 02:45:02 »

Homefry slowly watched the enemy base, taking note of the enemy patrol positions...

"Mac," Homefry muttered, "see anything interesting?"
"I think I heard a Hind earlier, but it was really far away," replied macguba,
"Heard anything on the radio recently?" Homefry asked.
"I don't even think this piece of garbage works."

I'm having a hard time being creative at this point...

EDIT:
1)  What is the date? I'd like it to be farily modern, say in the 90's or so... but it'd be nice to have some other opinions.
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2004, 03:21:49 by Homefry »

Matt Walter

« Reply #25 on: 08 Sep 2004, 03:36:10 »
Mean while in Finland (I thought we could turn this into a campaign   ;) )
     The President of Finland is passing around his office (Is the leader of Finland called a "president"). All of the sudden Matt Walter, the Finland General, walks in.

President: "About time, I have waited ten minutes for you."

Matt -rolled his eyes- "Sir, the events in Nogovo and on Everon can't be ignored. We are the closest Country to them. Both the U.S. and USSR asked for are help." (Just play with me here) "We can't help both. If we help the U.S. take the islands, Russia will blame us and attack and America will have there own troubles to sort out and leave us to rot. And if we help the USSR... you know what that means."

President: "Can't we just stay neutral?"

Matt: "No, we will lose are alliances. You have to choose Sir!"

The President- sat down clumsily. He then grabbed a coin form his pocket- "Heads USSR, tails U.S.!"

Matt: "Sir, we can think this over!"

The coin flipped in the air. It landed on the table with a couple bounces.

Matt: "Looks like we will be helping..."

Artak (Finland's prime minister): "Though Finland is a mighty fine country, it's always been neutral and proud of it. We will not be interfearing to what doesn't consern us and we won't turn this one mission war into a campaign".  :)
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2004, 19:16:15 by Artak »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #26 on: 08 Sep 2004, 08:59:03 »
... so after thiking it artak choosed to go thro the shorter route to get LCD out as fast as he can, on his way he was trying to avoid contact with any  enemy forces untill...

guyz :P read what macca say ::) as part of the team hes word is like gods word (only me artak and the admins can resist it ::))

Keep posts short - max 50 words.

No new characters!  We have too many already.

Cutscenes bad.  Gameplay good.

no more cutscenes and no more new charachters + short posts

and we aint doin campaign matt is hell lotsa work :P

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2004, 09:00:15 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Homefry31464

« Reply #27 on: 08 Sep 2004, 21:25:49 »
Noon reaches the town early that morning, before the sun rose. The Resistance forces in the area knew he was there, but doing anything about it was impossible. The American's had flown in more of their crack troops. The Russian's now only controlled a small portion of the islands... and with an American offensive coming soon, they didn't have much time to save LCD.

Okay, how is this going to be made?? Or are we going to decide that later?

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #28 on: 08 Sep 2004, 21:48:35 »
Ok people, you're not doing this right. You're ment to continue from where the person posting before you left off.  ::)
Take your time with the posts and please oh please read the whole thread to make a clear image on what's going down.

I have attached a mission which should help you stay on the right tracks. It has map animations and silly moving markers and a Su25. In the start, walk to the table. It has 2 actions, use them one at a time.

Not all is lost.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #29 on: 08 Sep 2004, 23:02:00 »
Trusting Artak to know the situation better, Sefe had left it open which route the Spetz Natz team should take on their way to meet macguba and Homefry. It was a diffucult desicion for Artak.

The way he saw it he had only two possible routes. East behind the abandonned factory or South-East through Vidlakov. The later being more safe, but longer and the first being dangerous but shorter.   Artak decided...

... that information on what was really in the demilitarised zone was too sketchy to take the risk.    The only way was between the Old Factory - occupied by the Americans - and Hill 80 to its southeast.     But would the motorbikes be fast enough ...
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2004, 23:02:16 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play