Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Desert group of missions (Formerly 'NEW DESERT CAMPAIGN')  (Read 1865 times)

SilentHunter_764

Hello all!

I have an idea for a mission. I have made it, and am wondering if i should put it on the OFP: missions. Well, here it is.

it starts in everon (the desert addon) and you are at you're base, in the heart of the desert.  :-\ On day, you're officer is telling you that a big-shot general is coming, and you are all getting ready for his arrival. Then the intro ends, and the mission starts.

You are seen standing next to the U.S flag, with you're helper next to you. you walk over to a tank, and are told you need to take it out for a run. (its the MAF desert M1A1). So, you visit you're tent and hook-up with you're gunner. Then you all pile into the tank and head north. You stop in the middle of a town, expecting you welcome party to be there. Instead, a smashed place with dead guys left and right, so you panic and turn for home. All's ok? well no, when you get to you're base a cutscene comes on and shows the base wrecked (the outro). The next mission is where you left off, and you run in to see if anyone survived. It turns out, that they were ambushed by (MAF T-72's) T-72's and he tells you which way they went, and then he dies. So you pile back into the tank and head for the objective. On the way, the big-shot generals helicopter is found destroyed. A cutscene starts, and then you continue along the way. Things start gwetting even wierder, when you enter a friendly town, but all the inhabitants have AK-47's and T-55 tanks, and an Old MK V (ww1) tank (still looking for one  :'(). So, you explain you're position and they decide to help you. Then the outro starts. Next mission you're where you left off again, but with 3 other tanks under you're command, and 2 other groups of 4 T-55's. You ambush the enemy pos. and a huge battle rages. Then, if you survive, you win, if you dont, u lose.

Required Add-ons:
CoC mines (putting them round the place)
The MAF T-72/M1A1 in desert camo
The U.N forces addon
the B.A.S Huges 'littlebirds' helicopters

Please send us back some feed-back, and i will see if i should post it or not.

Regards,

LooseKannon
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2004, 05:38:14 by LooseKannon »

Gooner861

Re:NEW DESERT CAMPAIGN
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2004, 12:46:34 »
Sounds pretty gud. Definetely post it on the beta testing board, people will give it a gud look for any bugs etc than once u have fixed the bugs u can post it.

Upload it to the beta testing board first though  ;D .

Well done

Gooner

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2004, 01:20:10 »
Not much of a campaign now is it? Maybe later you could add on to it as it sounds like only three or so missions.

Like after the big battle you find out the big hotshot general got captured and you must pull out some survivors for the rescue effort. Then find a safe area to evacas enemies are everywhere now...

;)

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2004, 10:05:58 »
Hmm..

Well i apreciate you're input to the development, Any other things you might like changed? seriously, anything at all, trying to make this a really good User-friendly mission. And the campaign thing? well it's not technicly a campaign, just like a mini story or something.

Regards,

--looseKannon

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2004, 11:57:13 »
Hi all

i was thinking, maybe about an hour before the general arrives you are caught lazing around behind the hangers or something, and the Col. tells you as punishment, you are to go to a town to get some supplys.  :help:

Maybe that could replace the 'routeen drive' part? ???

LooseKnnon

HUSTLA23

« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2004, 03:22:19 »
Good job!
Best plot ive seen in a long time.

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2004, 05:42:27 »
Just one suggestion - unless you were going to introduce some sort of fantasy or time warp element I'd replace the Mark V tank for the resistance with something else.

These things haven't been built since 1917 and haven't been used since aorund 1921.  Try a T34-100 or a JS-III instead, these things were used by Egypt and Syria until 1973 at least and I'm pretty sure that some African nations are still using them today.

You could also pick one up from the Inavasion 44 mod.

Cheers

Roni

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2004, 11:51:17 »
yes, your probly right there.

But wouldnt it be funny, lying in a bush hearing a tank coming, expecting a russian T-80, then a old 1917 Mk V tank rolls round. lol

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #8 on: 28 Aug 2004, 05:54:11 »
A friend of mine once had a book on the Arab Israeli wars - it's amazing to see how much money was poured into that area !

In 1948 both sides were using German Mark III's and IV's left over from the North Afrika campaign, while the Israelis were also using French WWI surplus R35s and H35's (with a 37mm cannon and a single mg !).

By 1956 they were using hundreds of Super Shermans and T34-100's.  By 1967 it was THOUSANDS of T-55's vs M48's and Centurions.  And by 1973 they all had top of the line T-72's and M60's - man this place must have been important to both sides.

I still like the 1948 war though - armoured cars (REALLY - cars with armour bolted to them !), PzKfw IIIe's and WWI surpus - what a hoot !

I suppose if you're looking at survival or oblivion you'll use anything that works, eh ?!

Roni

Matt Walter

« Reply #9 on: 28 Aug 2004, 06:34:03 »
The mission sounds good, but I would like to know who the enemy is, how did they get there without radar picking the enemies up or anything, maybe as the story progresses you can find it out. You could have a bunch of corruption with in this island, by either the rebels or the U.S. - or both. I prefer that the rebels are trust worthy. You might say, why do we even need corruption, well I will give it to you straight. A big General is coming; the island would be tight with security. If there was corruption in the U.S. part, the radar people could have keep quite as thousands of dots came to them, jamming the radios could make patrolling forces not able to radio in for back-up. In a mission latter on, you could fight these renegade U.S. troops- You know how to make U.S. fire on U.S., make an east leader for each renegade U.S. squad and make 0% probability of showing up (nifty trick, eh [special thanks to the person that said that on the forms]). You still need good U.S. troops too.

I have an addon recommendation- the BAS Black helicopters (Little bird, Blackhawk, and Chinook) and the BAS rangers and delta force.  ;)  

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #10 on: 30 Aug 2004, 08:12:56 »
Hmm thats an even better idea. Maybe this could be the intro:

10:05am
General whoever and lieutennant whoever are leaving wherever (maybe a carrier?).

10:06am Hostile enemy gurillas attack the main radar station for everon.

10:07am
They take control, and turn off the radar battery.

10:08am
The general is inbound eta 5 minutes

10:10am
the generals helicopter is shot-down

10:13am
You are sent out on duty

etc etc etc

????  ??? any ideas

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #11 on: 21 Sep 2004, 01:21:52 »
Right so,

I think what it should be, although this has a very large lag factor, around 10 T55's vs 6 T-72's and about 5 groups of friends and double that enemys..? It would make it a far-sight harder though..

:gunman: :gunman:                                               :gunman: :gunman:

SilentHunter_764

Re:Desert group of missions (Formerly 'NEW DESERT CAMPAIGN')
« Reply #12 on: 06 Oct 2004, 12:11:10 »
Nobody interested anymore?