Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Paras  (Read 2069 times)

Tomasz

Paras
« on: 01 Jul 2004, 16:04:19 »
Hey,

do you know any missions where the player jumps out of an airplane together with his batallion ( a lot of airplanes ) in the morning, under heavy AA fire ( a lot of tracers, flak explosions, etc...)?

I know only three, but in all of them, you start already in the parachute.

I want to start in the airplane. :wow:

Thanks

Tomasz

Acid

Re:Paras
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jul 2004, 18:02:55 »
Been watching the second episode of Band Of Brothers?

Cool Z

« Reply #2 on: 01 Jul 2004, 18:15:25 »
I am making a campaign involving a mission like that, unfortunately for you, it won't be out for release for, at the very least, a year.

Tomasz

« Reply #3 on: 01 Jul 2004, 20:33:13 »
Hey,

Actually I've been watching the first part of the Band of Brothers. Next part is next week. >:(

I heard about Sui's Airborne mission, but I cant find it anywhere. Can you give me a link guys?

cheers

Tomasz

Cool Z

« Reply #4 on: 01 Jul 2004, 20:43:00 »
lol, what a coincidence, I just downloaded that today. It's AMAZING (IMO). It got a seven which does probably sum it up. I say it's amazing but it just overloads you with special effects and you find it hard to take in the bad stuff. Getting link now, i'll edit post once I have it.

EDIT:
Here ya go:

http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?ID=279

BTW, I'm afraid you start in Heli's and not planes but it's still great.

Here's the sequel, which is FAR better (got a 10/10 but was rerated 9/10):

http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?ID=768
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2004, 20:49:28 by Cool Z »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #5 on: 02 Jul 2004, 22:36:54 »
The whole trilogy is great, though my favorite is Airborne since it got the best atmosphere ever in an OFP mission. Too bad it's 1.46, SUI, UPDATE!!!! ;D

Another good para mission is the first mission in the I44 Mod Husky Campaign. About one of very few missions that are good in that campaign sadly though. :-\

EDIT: Para down with your complete batallion? Woa! You know how frikkin huge a batallion is?! Check the "realistic mission design fact whatever" link in my sign.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:
« Last Edit: 02 Jul 2004, 22:39:42 by The real Armstrong »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2004, 20:07:33 »
If you get the C47 SkyTrain addon it has a few (aparently) amazing missions, one where you start in the plane, and para drop under AA fire :)
(I say aparently as when I downloaded the plane, I didn't have the Inv44 demo mod, and it needed it, and only had 56k then)
On OFP.info (News item a while ago)
- ben

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2004, 13:10:06 »
The whole trilogy is great, though my favorite is Airborne since it got the best atmosphere ever in an OFP mission. Too bad it's 1.46, SUI, UPDATE!!!! ;D

Thanks for the Kudos, fullas. Enjoy them :)

I was thinking about that the other day actually...
I'm working on another mission in the sequence as we speak... and yes it includes a nighttime airborne insertion ;)

Now if only I still got paid to do nothing and had more time, like I used to... ;D

Tomasz

« Reply #8 on: 31 Aug 2004, 17:07:15 »
Could u make the insertion in the morning with loads of paras-> like operation market garden :o

Will the player be in command? I hope not cuz there are too many missions where u lead the way.

cheers

Tomasz

Gooner861

« Reply #9 on: 01 Sep 2004, 00:00:18 »
Cant wait for the next mission Sui. Shud be even better than the other two.  ;D

Gooner

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #10 on: 01 Sep 2004, 08:13:15 »
Oh crap! Just rememberd I signed up as voice actor for Sui. :-\

Sorry man, forgot it, if you still need me drop me an IM. :)

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #11 on: 01 Sep 2004, 10:52:56 »
Pfft... no worries mate. I was trying to get it done in time to enter it in the Mission competition, but fell off the wagon a bit. :P

I'm no where near needing voices just yet, but I'll get in touch when I do. Thanks for volunteering ;)