Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: help, i need a brand new mission style  (Read 4179 times)

djackl

Re:help, i need a brand new mission style
« Reply #15 on: 22 Aug 2004, 08:53:59 »
Yeah,so if you die in the first half hour you spawn with the new carrier shipment at the 30 minute mark

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #16 on: 22 Aug 2004, 16:50:55 »
Sounds good! Might be better to stage it on Novoga, cause its bigger. :)
You just might need a fast comp, though. :P
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

djackl

« Reply #17 on: 23 Aug 2004, 00:43:11 »
Yeah Nogova might lag a bit with so many units spawning and stuff, what about Malden?

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #18 on: 23 Aug 2004, 16:23:33 »
Malden's not bad. Especially with the U.S. Training base and the Airport. U.S. gets the base. Russian gets the Airport (for their X-Whatevernumberyoupick ;) experimental plane).
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Matt Walter

« Reply #19 on: 28 Aug 2004, 06:07:29 »
The idea sounds great, there is one problem though, this map sounds like it would include lots of people, you might not want to use any units not included in the official pack so the masses of normal players can play- unless computers are on each side, then you can have all the addons you want.

I have an idea to add. When you die, waiting 30 minutes will get very boring. How about when you die, you spawn as a civilian (also you can start as on). When the next shipment of troops comes, you can choose to stay as a civilian for a bit longer or go back to being a soldier. The civilians can try and get people for there cause- remember Russians and America can be civilians (troops can do this to the human all time civilians) - As you see, civilians will fall in different groups and get supplied by different armies. The civilians will turn into "gangs"- for example, there wouldn't always be two sides. Some might want to get all countries off the island, some might want to rescue the hostages with the Island government, some players might band together to shoot who ever they see, some people would stay solo until they found a team that looked to be the strongest, and so on...The civilian thing would make a great mission alone... anyway, when you die as a civilian, well you will just have to enjoy the seagull life for a while.

Oh, and one more thing, I think the BAS rangers would make great U.S. soldiers.

OH! Instead of a plane, you could use a "mech" from the BOH mod- the Japanese mod. You might want to lock it to keep the nations even...or some one could unlock it.  :o

...if I wasn't clear enough, just tell me.  ;)

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #20 on: 30 Aug 2004, 01:58:17 »
ah, like as a gimbal's tossers if you have addons, or just a recruiter for Resistance troops. Maybe even you can spawn as one of the civs being held hostage, and can try to negotiate or try to escape.  :D

P.S. Yeah, 30 mins can get boring.  :P

Matt Walter

« Reply #21 on: 30 Aug 2004, 20:32:10 »
Maybe you could be giving a choice?

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #22 on: 31 Aug 2004, 02:50:31 »
yeah, although you might want to limit one of the factions when playing with large numbers of people. It could cause a bit of lag with everyone trying to recruit resistance, etc.

I like it! Starting to sound good.

Matt Walter

« Reply #23 on: 02 Sep 2004, 00:58:42 »
Now who is going to take the project?

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #24 on: 04 Sep 2004, 19:39:42 »
If anyone wants help, then I can lend some, but I don't have the time to do this on my own. :P

Cheers, Tyger