Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Any D-Day Missions?  (Read 17397 times)

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
Re:Any D-Day Missions?
« Reply #105 on: 22 Jul 2004, 11:08:10 »
hey

MP, MP!!??!?  :o

I couldn't make an MP mission to save my life, lol.

oh and about the mines, good idea, I'll have a little go at that...

;D

sim
The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #106 on: 23 Jul 2004, 12:06:26 »
Hey, antime i can help, i would :D

btw, maybe you could have some of the CoC tommohawks floating round in the water, and when a ship goes near them, the trigger goes and a big explosion happens, like a sea mine? I suggest getting the mission editior addon upgrade (go to the post 'GENERALS' in scripting: genral, i think) and there is a post by macguba that hsows you the link. You can pu in mines and trees and houses and such.

Cheers,

LooseKannon

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #107 on: 23 Jul 2004, 16:08:54 »
Tomahawks :hmm:
Whats wrong with the CoC Torpedos :p
For multiplayer.. Just delete the AI, waypoints.. make a few people playable (Where you can change a AI to a player..)
Then just use teh Export To Multiplayer bit on the save option (Same as export to SP, but it puts the PBO in the MPMission folder :P)

I'm guessing he already has the editor upgrade thing, as he's put the tank traps in.. I guess?

A multiplayer version would be amazing though ;D
As would a single player... :P
- Ben

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #108 on: 25 Jul 2004, 06:49:32 »
Yes, a multiplayed addition would be fantastic,

Also just a suggestion, what about random explosions on the beach to simulate the ships shooting shells onto the bach?

Cheers,

LooseKannon :gunman:   :help:

Offline sim

• Members
« Reply #109 on: 25 Jul 2004, 19:28:03 »
hey

All taken care of LooseKannon, lol, pics of the mission in action over on WW2EC 2moz...

;D

sim

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #110 on: 25 Jul 2004, 22:45:24 »
gr8!

-- Oh btw, are you going to host a MP session some time?

LooseKannon :gunman:        :help:

Offline sim

• Members
« Reply #111 on: 26 Jul 2004, 11:48:01 »
hey

There are no plans for an MP conversion as of yet, due to the fact that the computer I play Flash on does not have the net...  >:(

Maybe later when I update my comp...  :)

Anyways, here is one last picture, if you want to see more head on over to the WW2EC forum, where there are more screenies of my mission... http://www.3dactionplanet.com/flashpoint/ww2ec/forum.html

;D

sim

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #112 on: 01 Aug 2004, 05:48:08 »
Hey sim & the guys who are carefully listing in  ;D

I had an idea, youknow how the germans were doing landing defence training as the allied forces landed >:(, well maybe you could make a US/British/Canadian (allies) version and another as a german :-\. and, when you land, maybe a camera flying along the beach from the northern(or western) to the southern (or eastern) part? and showing shells exploding :o and zooming on a bunker and go in slow-mo and have a dude fall over dead ::), and then it goes back to the game :P. And he intro could show a fly-round of of the beach before the landing, and maybe a german conversation seconds before the landing? oh, and are you going to make this into a project? and get some guys to help?  ???

LK :gunman:      :help:

Offline sim

• Members
« Reply #113 on: 02 Aug 2004, 12:26:02 »
hey

The intro is yet to be made but it will only be the focus of the Vierville exit.

Later on, if this is a sucess, I will make another D-Day mission from the point of view of my Grandad on Gold Beach...  :)

Also plans to do an airborne mission, maybe Pegases Bridge and also some bob things...  ;D

There is currently campaign writing underway and I am trying to make some missions for it, fictional campaign from the view of British and Americans. But at the moment I am hard at work to get my entry mission for WW2EC in, I will hopefully send it to Sengir on Thursday and then put it up for BETA testing on Friday.
Just for the n00bs of you who mis-read that  :P, that is NOT my D-Day mission, it takes place after D-Day as an American Ranger assualting the town of Saint Laurent...

;D

sim

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #114 on: 02 Aug 2004, 14:51:47 »
Cool :)
For the MP version, maybe you could get someone else to mod your mission once your done it to make it a MP mission?
Anyway, how long till it's out (The Dday one)? ;)
- Ben

Offline sim

• Members
« Reply #115 on: 02 Aug 2004, 16:32:22 »
hey

Maybe, depends who, there is already a D-Day multiplayer been made by someone on the WW2EC forums, forget his name... sorry  :-\

The mission will be released when I feel it is ready to be released, I would say another two weeks at the least, sorry but if you want a good mission it requires a lot of editing, I'm going to be working on it quite a bit 2moz so I'll inform you of my progress.

:)

sim

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #116 on: 06 Aug 2004, 08:22:48 »
hey all.

are you using any aircraft for this mission sim? if at all? and what tanks (not what addon packs) i mean like tiger II or waht-not.

Anyhow, ca all soon.

[shadow=red,left,300]LooseKannon[/shadow]

enclosed is a pic of my fav. Jagpanther V

Offline sim

• Members
« Reply #117 on: 07 Aug 2004, 16:23:25 »
For my mission St Laurent, I'm using a Sherman and halftrack, both American and for the Jerrys...

sim

X-Viper

« Reply #118 on: 07 Aug 2004, 17:06:46 »
Ye... Most of the D-Day missions ain't good. It's fun to play (for 5 min.) U also see that most of the ppl have different beach landings. Summin funny too, i have Age Of Empires 2. And someone created a D-Day mission. It was really funny. But to get back to OFP, D-Day missions belong in a WWII game.

Offline sim

• Members
« Reply #119 on: 08 Aug 2004, 13:22:01 »
Another no hoper.... I see you only registered yesterday, which means you probably havn't been playing Flashpoint for as long as me or a hell of a lot of other people around here, we know the limitations of the game and how far we can go with scripting, that's all this mission is, a big script. So far this mission is going incredibly well, the AI is reacting okay and that is because each one has its own set of scripts to tell it what to do, which means they don't act stupid.

Also if this mission was meant for a WW2 game, why make a WW2 mod for Flash?

:-\

sim