Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Link to that software that does all ur briefings objectives things  (Read 4002 times)

Gooner861

Any1 have a link to that guy who has made that software that allows u 2 easily make briefings etc. Ive forgotten wot it is.  ;D

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
There are loads of different. Have a look in ed depot under tools and I think you can find at least 3.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Its called Chris Hendersons Operation Flashpoint Script Editor, or CHOFPSE for short :) Look at his site for the latest version :)

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Gooner861

Bloody hell this things amazing.

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
LOL Yes it is isnt it? IT does everything :)

Rhys

Gooner861

Good so now i can right the damn things, how do i get them to work? I read synpir's tut and that gives a basic tut on what to do, but i dunno wot u do or insert to make the objectives to work etc.

Note: I'll create by briefing.html and overview.html and show u wot im doing as soon as i get some free time.

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
insert to make the objectives to work

If you mean getting objective to appear, everything is in the wizard. i mean everything :)

Of course the do have limitations as far as creating several pages for notes (like the COC UA Manual)..

yeha post what u have.. ill take a look see :)

Rhys

_hammy_

As there are many different briefing wizards around, not very many people i dont think realize that my executable command reference has just the thing.
It has the following:
-list of Commands to 1.91
-Weapons and Ammo list
-Animation list including all resistance animations
-Briefing Wizard
-Overview Wizard
-Desciption Wizard
-Function Library (internet required)
-Auto-Update

and its 1.81mb

Download link is in my sig

Gooner861

Right this is the objects part of the briefing.html.

<! **** Objective 1 **** >
<p><a name="OBJ_1"></a>
Follow the tanks from the 5th Armoured division and investigate what has happened in Lipany.
</p><hr>

<! **** Objective 2 **** >
<p><a name="OBJ_2"></a>
Advance into Lipany, clear the square. You will be supported by Alpha and Bravo squads.
</p><hr>

<! **** Objective 3 **** >
<p><a name="OBJ_3"></a>
Get into the truck at the back of the square and pursue the white trucks carrying our prisoners.
</p><hr>

Obviosly i wud want Objective 2 and 3 to be hidden until my units get to a certain point.

Another thing how do you execute these files or does the game already load them up automatically for u. Is that what the init.sqs is for?

Thanks for ur help.

NOTE: This is the first time i have got this far with a mission so be kind  ;D .

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
NOTE: This is the first time i have got this far with a mission so be kind   .

:D Ill bear it in mind.

The Breiifng.HTML (and Overview.HTML) files are executed by the game, with no input from the user.. as long as they are in the mission folder then you have nothing to worry about. The Overview.html is what you see in the SP Mission Menu and the Briefing.HTML is what you see in the notebook after the Intro.

My Mind has gone blank about hiding objectives. Ill let you know in the morning :)

The init.sqs is executed as the mission (as a whole) is loaded. All Init.sqs files are different and they are based around an individuals mission. they control (i would say) what usually happens at the beginning of the mission.. but thast just me :)

Hope this helps.

Rhys

Gooner861

Good so well using that chris thingy script thingy helps loads. I'll read up again on how 2 hide objectives in sypnirs tute.

Thanks again for the help.   :)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
"2" setobjstatus "HIDDEN"
"3" setobjstatus "HIDDEN"

It's all in this little tute.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Gooner861

Ok ive read that and i understand the objstatus stuff but sorry another question where do i put it all.

This objective will show up first but where do i put the objsatus dun and how does it activate?

<! **** Objective 1 **** >
<p><a name="OBJ_1"></a>
Follow the tanks from the 5th Armoured division and investigate what has happened in Lipany.
</p><hr>

The next two objectives are hidden but again where do i put the
"2" setobjstatus "HIDDEN"
"3" setobjstatus "HIDDEN"

and how do they get activated.

<! **** Objective 2 **** >
<p><a name="OBJ_2"></a>
Advance into Lipany, clear the square. You will be supported by Alpha and Bravo squads.
</p><hr>

<! **** Objective 3 **** >
<p><a name="OBJ_3"></a>
Get into the truck at the back of the square and pursue the white trucks carrying our prisoners.
</p><hr>

Sorry to keep bugging u. Thanks  ;D
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2004, 09:08:42 by Gooner861 »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
If you want an objective to be hidden, the best place to put the command is in your init.sqs.

When you want to make it appear, or when an objective is complete, the line of code usually goes in the On Activation line of a trigger.

You are currently undergoing a phase of learning about mission editing that we all went through:   every time you discover something about how to make the mission work you find out that there is another stage you need to know to make the first things work .... it can be a little frustrating, but persevere - we all went through it.    ;)   And don't worry, you can ask as many questions as you like as long as you read the tutes to which we direct you.     :)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Gooner861

Ok thanks, yeah it is a little frustrating at times seeing as im so close to finishing it. I think i understand how to activate the scripts now from the triggers. Now i just need to know that these init.sqs files do and how i make them.

But as usual i'll have a look through the tutorials and have a quick search then if i still dont get it i'll come back here.

Thanks alot  :cheers: .