Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Link to that software that does all ur briefings objectives things  (Read 3995 times)

Gooner861

Hello there rhysduk.

I copied and pasted the script and did as u said put nothing happened. Will this script just show a marker up on the map, cos i want that green circle to appear on the officer in game.

Another quick point ive searched for help on creating radio chatter, u know the blue writing that appears at the bottom of the screen but its either there no tutes on it or im not looking hard enuff.  ;D
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2004, 19:03:17 by Gooner861 »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
that green circle

What green circle lol :)

Um well it didnt work? Ill put a very small example mission together in 10 mins and upload.. :)

You mena u want sideChat in the game :)

This is one way of doing it here (Fourth one down in list)

Ill upload a good example mission if i can find it, i think its by TOADLIFE. not sure though..

sideChat: use _unitname sideChat "message" to get the blue text to appear, this will only give you text though.. and no sound..

sideRadio:- use _unitname sideRadio "CFGRadioClass to get the sound and text to display as blue text.. the CFGRadioClass is defined int he Description.Ext file and Stringtable file i think...

Personnaly, sound and radio is a very dodgy subject for me and OFP,, i have numerous problems but im getting better..

If only LCD was here  :'(

Rhys
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2004, 22:40:21 by rhysduk »
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Rhys is back, back again!

So, like i said, here are two examples mission, the one for the radio and the one too show you how my little script works.

I take it you know where to put it.. Open it up (Both are on Desert Island), and hit preivew. For mine, just move about the map whilst looking at the map to see the marker follow the leader of the group...

For the radio one... hit preview and listne to instructions..

Rhys

PS i sent the sound one to your email because of its size..

EDIT: you will have to send ur email address to me, either through IM or email.. as it is hidden  on our profile ;)

« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2004, 01:02:51 by rhysduk »

Gooner861

No need to now m8  ;D i understand it all now.

Aint got time to try it out now but i'll come back to this post if i need any help.
Thanks alot yet agin for the great help  :) . Shud c my mission in the beta section soon, c how crappy it is!  :D .

Cheers.

Gooner861

After setting up your init.sqs file, type this in a script or trigger to make a radio message appear to come from "PAPA_BEAR":  
papabear sideradio "radiomessage"  

This is frm toadlifes tute, so does this just basically mean make a scipt that looks like this:

papabear sideradio "Hello there, i'd like to but a cone of chips"
~2

how do i exit it?

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
your init.sqs file

My INIT file? which one mate?

I take it you are wanting radio messages to "come from" different units arent you? I dont think you can do this as far as i know... there is a thread i helped on once about teh names of units and radio messages.. search for it ;)

when u use _unitname sideRadio "CFGRadioClass", you put the name of the unit there but OFP just assigns it a name like Kilo Black 1 regardless if you have named it "Billy" (or something).. i think this is the case anyway...

Do you have a link for Toadlifes Tut please so i can look at it?

Scripts? Yes you can use scripts for radio.. but i need to see the tut .. imlost now :( (Happens often this does  ;) )

Rhys

EDIT: Just found teh tutorial.. give me a hour or two to read up and test it.. then ill get back to you :)
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2004, 19:33:28 by rhysduk »

Gooner861

Soz i shud i been more specific, i got the quote frm toadlife's tut.

Just leave it for now, i'll send it to be beta tested soon. Seeing that its my first mission i suppose i cud leave all that out for now.

Thanks alot for the help. I'll make sure to add ur names in the credits  ;D . I bet thats just made ur day.

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
lol ok.. you like changing your mind dont you?

Looking forward to the BETA :)

Thanks alot for the help. I'll make sure to add ur names in the credits   . I bet thats just made ur day.

::) ... Yeah  ;D

Gooner861

Hello again, seeing that no one is relpying in the advanced thread i'll here. My intro doesnt seem to want to end and ive heard that u can end ur intro with a trigger, how u do it exactly or are there any other ways.

Im delaying my BETA to cos im trying to think up ways to make the mission bit longer and more exciting. I know its my first mission and i shouldn't expect much frm it but its just a plain old take the town mission. Mite just re-do the whole thing.
« Last Edit: 08 Jun 2004, 18:09:47 by Gooner861 »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Im not sure mate,

seeing that no one is relpying in the advanced thread i'll here

As this is a Intro based question try putting it in the Cutscene board, you should get a response in there ;)

I use
Code: [Select]
_cam cameraeffect ["terminate", "back"]
camdestroy _cam

And it does the trick but u can use triggers ;)

Rhys