Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Animals  (Read 6036 times)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:Animals
« Reply #15 on: 22 Aug 2002, 11:56:01 »

[This Attachment has been Deleted By Routine Maintenance]
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Mr_Shady

« Reply #16 on: 22 Aug 2002, 20:40:09 »
Anyone want to make OPERATION: STUPID AUSSIE SNAKE AND CROC GUY?  ;)

Maybe we should concentrate our efforts into something more beneficial to the community... like a way of getting a vehicle to have two guns firing simultaneously. It bugs me to have to switch to the co-ax MG in the middle of a tank battle when there's some puddlejumper with an AT rocket having a go at me, when my commander could just pop his hatch open and give the little $od the good news with a .50cal.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #17 on: 22 Aug 2002, 21:26:58 »

Maybe we should concentrate our efforts into something more beneficial to the community... like a way of getting a vehicle to have two guns firing simultaneously. It bugs me to have to switch to the co-ax MG in the middle of a tank battle when there's some puddlejumper with an AT rocket having a go at me, when my commander could just pop his hatch open and give the little $od the good news with a .50cal.

well.... ummm.... thats not really in the spirit of things - this is an idea, granted its been thought of alot, and we've said its impossible - but so is 2 guns firing simultaneously in ofp -  the game doesnt support it because BIS rushed the final code (well thats what ive been told)

so, give people some credit for thinking of addons, it all helps in the long run - in some little way - and its kinda funny - and some of these peeps wouldnt have that little seagul script if it wasnt for this thread.

cheers :thumbsup:
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #18 on: 22 Aug 2002, 21:39:34 »

Hey Man Steve Irwin is the Man! So what if He's Supposed to be Dead! But you should Start a New Thread about theTank Stuff Cause thats Drivein' Me Nuts too ;) I wish the Sabot and HEAT rounds would Load Faster it's Only Supposed to Take 8 Seconds, in a Real M1A1 tank, or else You'll get some Serious talkin To!

Kaliyuga

« Reply #19 on: 22 Aug 2002, 22:36:13 »
Yeah.. thanks for that script Messiah... some good did come of this thread after all  ;D  
:cheers:

mikeb

« Reply #20 on: 23 Aug 2002, 02:19:37 »
Too right.  This thread was boring the hell out of me.  Although it was interesting to see what to make of the minds of the other contributors.

Bestiality is a crime you know....

Hartza

« Reply #21 on: 23 Aug 2002, 09:25:05 »
Okay, okay  :tomato:

so we don't have animals for OFP ...

;D ;D ;D

end of that story ...

zsa_zsa_rasputin

« Reply #22 on: 23 Aug 2002, 14:08:06 »
Has anyone remodelled\skinned the gulls (to maybe some scary ravens called Quoth or something? :D)

Dan  ;D

ps. How about a weird mutated Sphinxy-type creature rising from the polluted filth of a nearby bio-chemicals weapons plant "release the flying monkeys! <pause - simian screaming and some crunching bones> meh - back to the drawing board"

Mr_Shady

« Reply #23 on: 23 Aug 2002, 14:48:00 »
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see german shepherd guard dogs, like in Medal of Honour: Allied Assault. Or maybe birds that flutter off and make noise when you go charging through the forests... but none of these things are going to be possible until we get some/ if we get some animation tools.

And i was thinking about the tank with more than one gun firing thing... how about tank, right, with the commander's cupola removed (bear with me). Someone makes a cupola section with an MG, and then we put the cupola unit into the tank with scripts or even the "this in cargo" type-commands, so the cupola functions independently of the tank itself whilst apearing to be part of the vehicle? But then the commander would'nt be able to order the gunner/driver around, so then maybe the cmdr position of the original tank would need to be kept but without the "turn out" option, so the crew functions as BIS intended whilst the extra MG adds a little extra realism. Or maybe this could be added for the loader's position on US tanks, so vehicle could actually have their full compliment of crew, technically?

Or have i just wasted a minute or so of everyone's lives?  ???

Hartza

« Reply #24 on: 23 Aug 2002, 20:09:17 »
Well, I think we all game owners have that privilege to want something new.With out these "I want " things this game has been buried for long time a go .. :toocool:

So, correct me if I am wrong ...

Still. there are lot of things to make this game to perfect ...
But we are heading to right direction  :cheers:

Mr_Shady

« Reply #25 on: 23 Aug 2002, 21:08:53 »
If we could do this.. I want dog mines.. that's right , you heard me ... DOG Mines.. check out this link, it's funny if nothing else.. but a possible real application if someone made dogs

I just read that the Russians used T-34 or KV-1 tanks with food under them to train the dogs to run under tanks, so in battle when they were loaded up with plenty of explosives, they'd (supposedly) charge straight under the Panzers and blow them up.

Of course, the dogs ran straight under the nearest RUSSIAN tanks in battle, as they knew that food was usually under them...  :-\

Anyway, this is conclusive proof that the Russians are the cheapest country when it comes to anti-tank weapons: first a bottle of petrol with a burning rag in the top, then exploding dogs.  ;D

Mr_Shady

« Reply #26 on: 23 Aug 2002, 21:10:09 »
Oh, i started a "tank firing two guns" thread on this same board. So i'll shut up about it now.