Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Animals  (Read 6038 times)

Hartza

Animals
« on: 21 Aug 2002, 11:15:57 »
Has anybody seen any animal addons ?

I really would like to see some cows, horses, dogs, etc moving on the hay field and farmyard when troops are marching on the road ...

More REALISM  :cheers:

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
Re:Animals
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 11:31:00 »
There are no animal addons, due to the fact that we can't make animal animations. So unless you want static cows/sheep/camels you will never see any animals in OFP. (Unless BIS change their minds and make new anims for animals.)

Sorry.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:18:40 »
u can have birds - seaguls to be exact... there was a script - but untill that comes back online u will have to wait.

oh.... and yes.... no animals.... nless u only want the rear to legs to move and it floats along the ground and cant move anyhting at all  ;D
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:19:45 »
Oh, how could I have missed out on that one Messiah =)
Yes, you can have animals, as long as their bone structure and animation matches a human.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Mr_Shady

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2002, 18:02:40 »
I can just see Steve Irwin stalkign around Nogovo...

"Crikey, that's a rare Nogovan Man-Cow!! It looks just like a man that's been textured by an OFP addon maker who couldn't really be @rsed... now I'm going to grab his pecker and see if it pi**es him off..."

Whoa, that'd be a great mission  ;D

I think there are more things we can be making in the meantime before we start on this kind of thing. Nice idea though... it'd be great hiding behind machine-gunned cows like in Saving Private Ryan!

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2002, 18:07:21 »
Machine gunned cows are no problem. Just make them static objects and ta-daaa.
Moving animals are impossible though.

Jimmy_james

« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2002, 00:02:17 »
hey what about sheep and a mission could be find the mystery sheep shager! :D

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2002, 00:22:40 »
lol @ Mr_Shady

Jimmy_James - hmmmmmm, strange.

what about a giant killer chicken? well.... dead animals are ok... but kinda pointless in a mission - just more addons

Quicksilver

« Reply #8 on: 22 Aug 2002, 00:46:36 »
i still think the dog on wheels is the best way to go, just put in a tank .cpp and BAM!

http://www.cnn.com/US/fringe/9603/03-14/dog_wheels_large.jpg

-Quicksilver

vectordude

« Reply #9 on: 22 Aug 2002, 01:09:01 »
boy are we comin up with some wwwwwwiiiiiiieeerrrrrdddddd ideas......

how bout the giant beaver to be killed by the caveman

Schoeler

« Reply #10 on: 22 Aug 2002, 01:12:28 »
You guys are a bunch of twisted b@stards, but I'm dying from laughter.  Mr_Shady, a Steve Irwin addon would be sublime.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #11 on: 22 Aug 2002, 01:16:49 »
Hmmm A Giant Beaver huh? :wow:

Well.. the wheeled dog idea isn't half bad... You could base it off of that shrunken down jeep I saw or something for the chassis , make small wheels.. lol

If we could do this.. I want dog mines.. that's right , you heard me ... DOG Mines.. check out this link, it's funny if nothing else.. but a possible real application if someone made dogs

http://www.soviet-empire.com/arsenal/army/anti-tank/dog_mine.php

:toocool:

Jimmy_james

« Reply #12 on: 22 Aug 2002, 01:56:13 »
thats canny harsh that is. next thing we'll have that dog woof that turned into a human and vice versa (British TV)

Jakerod

« Reply #13 on: 22 Aug 2002, 04:24:28 »
I say get the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, It could have like 100000000 hitpoints or whatever they are called in this game. then someone else can make a handgrenade that does 1000000000 damage so that we can kill the rabbit.

Being serious now though....dead animals would be good they could be used for cover....i would feel a little bad using a dead animal for cover though :'(
 "In death he saved us all"     -Homer Simpson talking about Krusty the Clown

And a static cow wouldnt be that bad either....least there is something interseting in the background....They have a goat on top of the new fountain in resistance....hmmm i say take the fountain and stick it in the ground so only the goat is visible
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2002, 04:26:01 by Jakerod »

Kaliyuga

« Reply #14 on: 22 Aug 2002, 06:13:58 »
Uhh that's a deer isn't it.. and not a goat.. on the fountain ;D

And the Holy Hand grenade is.. well was.. a top secret project of mine 8)

In all seriousness, I'd like to have some info regarding the whole bird thing.. I mean what's the beach without seagulls right? I think it would add atmosphere to a mission if you were walking through the woods when all of a sudden an enemy patrol spooked some birds, thus giving away their positions.

And I could take mah DKM Shotgun , head out to the lake on Nogova, and start my Duck Hunt mod  ;D

And hey.. if we can make submarines, why can't we make a gator or two? or aquatic speed bumps as I like to call em  ;D

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #15 on: 22 Aug 2002, 11:56:01 »

[This Attachment has been Deleted By Routine Maintenance]

Mr_Shady

« Reply #16 on: 22 Aug 2002, 20:40:09 »
Anyone want to make OPERATION: STUPID AUSSIE SNAKE AND CROC GUY?  ;)

Maybe we should concentrate our efforts into something more beneficial to the community... like a way of getting a vehicle to have two guns firing simultaneously. It bugs me to have to switch to the co-ax MG in the middle of a tank battle when there's some puddlejumper with an AT rocket having a go at me, when my commander could just pop his hatch open and give the little $od the good news with a .50cal.

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #17 on: 22 Aug 2002, 21:26:58 »

Maybe we should concentrate our efforts into something more beneficial to the community... like a way of getting a vehicle to have two guns firing simultaneously. It bugs me to have to switch to the co-ax MG in the middle of a tank battle when there's some puddlejumper with an AT rocket having a go at me, when my commander could just pop his hatch open and give the little $od the good news with a .50cal.

well.... ummm.... thats not really in the spirit of things - this is an idea, granted its been thought of alot, and we've said its impossible - but so is 2 guns firing simultaneously in ofp -  the game doesnt support it because BIS rushed the final code (well thats what ive been told)

so, give people some credit for thinking of addons, it all helps in the long run - in some little way - and its kinda funny - and some of these peeps wouldnt have that little seagul script if it wasnt for this thread.

cheers :thumbsup:

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #18 on: 22 Aug 2002, 21:39:34 »

Hey Man Steve Irwin is the Man! So what if He's Supposed to be Dead! But you should Start a New Thread about theTank Stuff Cause thats Drivein' Me Nuts too ;) I wish the Sabot and HEAT rounds would Load Faster it's Only Supposed to Take 8 Seconds, in a Real M1A1 tank, or else You'll get some Serious talkin To!

Kaliyuga

« Reply #19 on: 22 Aug 2002, 22:36:13 »
Yeah.. thanks for that script Messiah... some good did come of this thread after all  ;D  
:cheers:

mikeb

« Reply #20 on: 23 Aug 2002, 02:19:37 »
Too right.  This thread was boring the hell out of me.  Although it was interesting to see what to make of the minds of the other contributors.

Bestiality is a crime you know....

Hartza

« Reply #21 on: 23 Aug 2002, 09:25:05 »
Okay, okay  :tomato:

so we don't have animals for OFP ...

;D ;D ;D

end of that story ...

zsa_zsa_rasputin

« Reply #22 on: 23 Aug 2002, 14:08:06 »
Has anyone remodelled\skinned the gulls (to maybe some scary ravens called Quoth or something? :D)

Dan  ;D

ps. How about a weird mutated Sphinxy-type creature rising from the polluted filth of a nearby bio-chemicals weapons plant "release the flying monkeys! <pause - simian screaming and some crunching bones> meh - back to the drawing board"

Mr_Shady

« Reply #23 on: 23 Aug 2002, 14:48:00 »
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see german shepherd guard dogs, like in Medal of Honour: Allied Assault. Or maybe birds that flutter off and make noise when you go charging through the forests... but none of these things are going to be possible until we get some/ if we get some animation tools.

And i was thinking about the tank with more than one gun firing thing... how about tank, right, with the commander's cupola removed (bear with me). Someone makes a cupola section with an MG, and then we put the cupola unit into the tank with scripts or even the "this in cargo" type-commands, so the cupola functions independently of the tank itself whilst apearing to be part of the vehicle? But then the commander would'nt be able to order the gunner/driver around, so then maybe the cmdr position of the original tank would need to be kept but without the "turn out" option, so the crew functions as BIS intended whilst the extra MG adds a little extra realism. Or maybe this could be added for the loader's position on US tanks, so vehicle could actually have their full compliment of crew, technically?

Or have i just wasted a minute or so of everyone's lives?  ???

Hartza

« Reply #24 on: 23 Aug 2002, 20:09:17 »
Well, I think we all game owners have that privilege to want something new.With out these "I want " things this game has been buried for long time a go .. :toocool:

So, correct me if I am wrong ...

Still. there are lot of things to make this game to perfect ...
But we are heading to right direction  :cheers:

Mr_Shady

« Reply #25 on: 23 Aug 2002, 21:08:53 »
If we could do this.. I want dog mines.. that's right , you heard me ... DOG Mines.. check out this link, it's funny if nothing else.. but a possible real application if someone made dogs

I just read that the Russians used T-34 or KV-1 tanks with food under them to train the dogs to run under tanks, so in battle when they were loaded up with plenty of explosives, they'd (supposedly) charge straight under the Panzers and blow them up.

Of course, the dogs ran straight under the nearest RUSSIAN tanks in battle, as they knew that food was usually under them...  :-\

Anyway, this is conclusive proof that the Russians are the cheapest country when it comes to anti-tank weapons: first a bottle of petrol with a burning rag in the top, then exploding dogs.  ;D

Mr_Shady

« Reply #26 on: 23 Aug 2002, 21:10:09 »
Oh, i started a "tank firing two guns" thread on this same board. So i'll shut up about it now.