Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Animals  (Read 6037 times)

Hartza

Animals
« on: 21 Aug 2002, 11:15:57 »
Has anybody seen any animal addons ?

I really would like to see some cows, horses, dogs, etc moving on the hay field and farmyard when troops are marching on the road ...

More REALISM  :cheers:

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
Re:Animals
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 11:31:00 »
There are no animal addons, due to the fact that we can't make animal animations. So unless you want static cows/sheep/camels you will never see any animals in OFP. (Unless BIS change their minds and make new anims for animals.)

Sorry.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:18:40 »
u can have birds - seaguls to be exact... there was a script - but untill that comes back online u will have to wait.

oh.... and yes.... no animals.... nless u only want the rear to legs to move and it floats along the ground and cant move anyhting at all  ;D
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:19:45 »
Oh, how could I have missed out on that one Messiah =)
Yes, you can have animals, as long as their bone structure and animation matches a human.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Mr_Shady

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2002, 18:02:40 »
I can just see Steve Irwin stalkign around Nogovo...

"Crikey, that's a rare Nogovan Man-Cow!! It looks just like a man that's been textured by an OFP addon maker who couldn't really be @rsed... now I'm going to grab his pecker and see if it pi**es him off..."

Whoa, that'd be a great mission  ;D

I think there are more things we can be making in the meantime before we start on this kind of thing. Nice idea though... it'd be great hiding behind machine-gunned cows like in Saving Private Ryan!

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2002, 18:07:21 »
Machine gunned cows are no problem. Just make them static objects and ta-daaa.
Moving animals are impossible though.

Jimmy_james

« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2002, 00:02:17 »
hey what about sheep and a mission could be find the mystery sheep shager! :D

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2002, 00:22:40 »
lol @ Mr_Shady

Jimmy_James - hmmmmmm, strange.

what about a giant killer chicken? well.... dead animals are ok... but kinda pointless in a mission - just more addons
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Quicksilver

« Reply #8 on: 22 Aug 2002, 00:46:36 »
i still think the dog on wheels is the best way to go, just put in a tank .cpp and BAM!

http://www.cnn.com/US/fringe/9603/03-14/dog_wheels_large.jpg

-Quicksilver

vectordude

« Reply #9 on: 22 Aug 2002, 01:09:01 »
boy are we comin up with some wwwwwwiiiiiiieeerrrrrdddddd ideas......

how bout the giant beaver to be killed by the caveman

Schoeler

« Reply #10 on: 22 Aug 2002, 01:12:28 »
You guys are a bunch of twisted b@stards, but I'm dying from laughter.  Mr_Shady, a Steve Irwin addon would be sublime.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #11 on: 22 Aug 2002, 01:16:49 »
Hmmm A Giant Beaver huh? :wow:

Well.. the wheeled dog idea isn't half bad... You could base it off of that shrunken down jeep I saw or something for the chassis , make small wheels.. lol

If we could do this.. I want dog mines.. that's right , you heard me ... DOG Mines.. check out this link, it's funny if nothing else.. but a possible real application if someone made dogs

http://www.soviet-empire.com/arsenal/army/anti-tank/dog_mine.php

:toocool:

Jimmy_james

« Reply #12 on: 22 Aug 2002, 01:56:13 »
thats canny harsh that is. next thing we'll have that dog woof that turned into a human and vice versa (British TV)

Jakerod

« Reply #13 on: 22 Aug 2002, 04:24:28 »
I say get the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, It could have like 100000000 hitpoints or whatever they are called in this game. then someone else can make a handgrenade that does 1000000000 damage so that we can kill the rabbit.

Being serious now though....dead animals would be good they could be used for cover....i would feel a little bad using a dead animal for cover though :'(
 "In death he saved us all"     -Homer Simpson talking about Krusty the Clown

And a static cow wouldnt be that bad either....least there is something interseting in the background....They have a goat on top of the new fountain in resistance....hmmm i say take the fountain and stick it in the ground so only the goat is visible
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2002, 04:26:01 by Jakerod »

Kaliyuga

« Reply #14 on: 22 Aug 2002, 06:13:58 »
Uhh that's a deer isn't it.. and not a goat.. on the fountain ;D

And the Holy Hand grenade is.. well was.. a top secret project of mine 8)

In all seriousness, I'd like to have some info regarding the whole bird thing.. I mean what's the beach without seagulls right? I think it would add atmosphere to a mission if you were walking through the woods when all of a sudden an enemy patrol spooked some birds, thus giving away their positions.

And I could take mah DKM Shotgun , head out to the lake on Nogova, and start my Duck Hunt mod  ;D

And hey.. if we can make submarines, why can't we make a gator or two? or aquatic speed bumps as I like to call em  ;D