Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New Era: P90 (or HK G11?)  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
New Era: P90 (or HK G11?)
« on: 22 Nov 2003, 03:23:42 »
Well, since we're in the modern era at the current moment, would anyone like to make (or let me know if there is one...) one of the most modern smgs: the P-90?

The FN P 90 Personal Defense Weapon is made by Fabrique Nationale of Belgium produces the P 90.
Fires a 5.7 mm cartridge, a new type of round
15.6 inches long (400mm)
Weighs 6.17 lbs (2.8 kg)

The P 90 also has a translucent/transparent horizontal magazine on the top of the gun. The spent cartridges are then ejected downward through the stock.

Most of the gun is made from a single piece plastic, mold, with the pistol grip and the foregrip blended into the body.

Another excellent aspect of the weapon is its accuracy out to 220 yds (200m).
That is some bloody fine shooting for an smg.

BTW: If you dont want to model that, would you care to try the Heckler & Koch G11 automatic rifle?

Cheers to you all.
:gunman: Tyger :gunman:
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Torak

Re:New Era: P90 (or HK G11?)
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2003, 12:54:56 »
I'm a great fan of the P90 - in fact, I visited FN Herstal and wrote a proposal for the Swedish Air Force about it.

It's a lovely weapon, and the miniscule recoil helps the accuracy - I've seen someone fire one in each hand accurately.

The SS190 round has excellent ballistic performance, though, particularly as regards armour; it'll go straight through a CRISAT plate with little loss of energy, it won't over-penetrate walls (thus making it great for CQB), and it's just generally a lovely round. But there have been doubts cast on its lethality; Fackler asserts that it doesn't have enough hydrostatic shock effect to effect a quick takedown, but hey - it's a lovely gun, I like it, so sod the experts, right? ;D

Lt.Shitkilla

« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2003, 13:10:53 »
i agree, the p90 is a great weapon, i have created a HK G3A3 if that helps you any way, it isn't exactly finsished, it has been moved out of production line for my MOD now, so it is a great weapon goin to waste

i will upload it for you if you are interested

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2003, 15:25:24 »
I know someone who's making one..
I'll tell him about this thread when I see him on MSN..
- Ben

bigdog632

« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2003, 17:54:27 »
i downloaded a terrorist pack or something a while ago that had the G11 it worked rather well
if i can remember what pack it was ill post it

Offline Batdog

• Members
  • OFPEC'S only rat. DAMN thats cool.
« Reply #5 on: 23 Nov 2003, 03:12:48 »
i found a P-90 will lookin on OFP.info

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=1399

hope it looks good
"Why are you calling me brother."- Solid Snake
"I'm you. I'm your Shadow"-Liquid Snake

Homefry31464

« Reply #6 on: 23 Nov 2003, 04:12:29 »
I heard somewhere that if the P90 was dropped the bullets in the magazine go everywhere.  

bigdog632

« Reply #7 on: 23 Nov 2003, 16:17:52 »
excuse my stupididty but is the P90 the one in the new bond movies thats funny lookin?
has like a wierd shape

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #8 on: 23 Nov 2003, 16:56:53 »
Fackler asserts that it doesn't have enough hydrostatic shock effect to effect a quick takedown...

Who cares, when it's pumping 900 rounds into the bugger a min, hes gonna go down, no matter how "un-lethal" the round is...

Not only does the P90 have a whole range of ammo designed for it for every application, it also has the FiveseveN pistol to compliment it (they use the same 5.7mm ammo)

These two weapon systems are my faveourite submachine gun and sidearm respectively, and its sad that neither have been done justice in OFP...

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #9 on: 23 Nov 2003, 17:11:28 »
excuse my stupididty but is the P90 the one in the new bond movies thats funny lookin?
has like a wierd shape
Yea, it does have a weird shape :)
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=1399 There is a picture of the one some one's made..

Heres a real one
http://www.greendevils.pl/technika_wojskowa/bron/fn57/fn-p90_pdw.jpg

:o

Hope you see now :)
- Ben

bigdog632

« Reply #10 on: 23 Nov 2003, 20:47:05 »
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/unofaddons/HKupdate.zip

this one has the G11 i do believe

Torak

« Reply #11 on: 24 Nov 2003, 00:12:38 »
Who cares, when it's pumping 900 rounds into the bugger a min, hes gonna go down, no matter how "un-lethal" the round is...

My view exactly, particularly considering its effectiveness at defeating military-grade body armour. Of course, you've only got 50 on tap, but reloading is ridiculously quick and easy.

Not only does the P90 have a whole range of ammo designed for it for every application, it also has the FiveseveN pistol to compliment it (they use the same 5.7mm ammo)

Well, it hasn't got that many types; there's the standard SS190 ball round, the SB193 subsonic, plus IIRC a tracer round, a blank and a drill round. I should think, given the magazine design, that a JHP round would work well, but of course they're illegal for military use.

The Five-seveN is a lovely pistol, fits well in the hand, great gun. My one complaint would be that it feels like a toy; it's so very plasticky, and most of the weight is in the magazine, so I'm a bit concerned about its centre of gravity moving as the mag empties. But I think it's a fair compromise; it's light, it's got a monstrous magazine capacity, and its ballistic performance is unmatched. Assuming you've got a P90 as well, at the ranges you use the pistol its centre of gravity won't be a major concern.

These two weapon systems are my faveourite submachine gun and sidearm respectively, and its sad that neither have been done justice in OFP...

Agreed - it's my favourite system IRL as well, though I do have a soft spot for the utterly ergonomic F2000 (with its suspiciously-shaped grenade module and lovely M303)...

bigdog632

« Reply #12 on: 24 Nov 2003, 04:38:27 »
the F2000 looks like something out of batman

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #13 on: 24 Nov 2003, 18:43:11 »
Well, it hasn't got that many types; there's the standard SS190 ball round, the SB193 subsonic, plus IIRC a tracer round, a blank and a drill round. I should think, given the magazine design, that a JHP round would work well, but of course they're illegal for military use.

True, a good page with all the ammo info on it can be found here.

Torak

« Reply #14 on: 25 Nov 2003, 13:56:06 »
And the standard sights... they're wonderful, lovely...