Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New Era: P90 (or HK G11?)  (Read 3121 times)

bigdog632

Re:New Era: P90 (or HK G11?)
« Reply #15 on: 01 Dec 2003, 02:52:55 »
http://www.atwar.net/download.php?view.2018
if that link works it is a silent P90 if not there are a few P90s on awar and a few on this page
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=unofaddons/weapons&archiv=true&page=11
well there is one on this page ;D

Skorp1on

« Reply #16 on: 04 Dec 2003, 00:19:57 »
No doubt the P 90 is a great weapon, but i'm concerned that with a firing rate of over 900 r/m, it's accuracy is decreased to level where it is only effective at close and close-medium ranges, despite the low recoil. I'm sorry to all you fans of the P 90 out there, but the H&K MP5 SD6 is by far my favourite. Aim for the spot below the neck and between the shoulders, fire a three round burst and your target is almost guaranteed to be dead.

Offline Grizzlie

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 04 Dec 2003, 01:44:03 »
We cannot foget what for P-90 was designed. Just someone has checked calendar and saw that 9mm Para is 100 years old and should be retired  ;)
But seriously - it was designated for those soldiers, for who carrying "full-sized" weapon is unconfortable, or they just does not need it (and of course to cut costs :)) - for instance tank crews, artillery guys, drivers. It is light, portable and has rather big firepower on distances up to 150-200 meters.
And than guys from SF noticed that this little thing with flat trajectory, high-speed bullet and relatively small recoil is sexy :).
And i'm not sure about that, but this cartidge is NATO standard yet ?

Torak

« Reply #18 on: 08 Dec 2003, 01:31:02 »
No doubt the P 90 is a great weapon, but i'm concerned that with a firing rate of over 900 r/m, it's accuracy is decreased to level where it is only effective at close and close-medium ranges, despite the low recoil. I'm sorry to all you fans of the P 90 out there, but the H&K MP5 SD6 is by far my favourite. Aim for the spot below the neck and between the shoulders, fire a three round burst and your target is almost guaranteed to be dead.

The P90 has a very flat trajectory, making it effective out to 200m with the standard optics. It's very controllable even on full auto, though at longer ranges you'd obviously fire it semi-auto (incidentally, you can fire single shots in full-auto mode thanks to the two-stage trigger). No trained soldier uses full auto at any ranges above 10m or so anyway (well, except dedicated support weapons; Minimis and the like), you always use semi-auto combinations.

The round is without a doubt superior to the 9mm, partly because of the tumbling effect, but mainly because of its superior armour-piercing qualities.

Grizzlie: You're absolutely right. And I don't think the 5.7mm round is NATO-certified yet, but I'll ask.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #19 on: 29 Dec 2003, 02:29:16 »
These two weapon systems are my faveourite submachine gun and sidearm respectively, and its sad that neither have been done justice in OFP...

then maybe BAS should step in ;)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

HuNtA

« Reply #20 on: 06 Jan 2004, 21:27:38 »
THERE HAS BEEN 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOTO OFP.info!!!!!

its also got good anims (its classed as the sidearm)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #21 on: 06 Jan 2004, 21:57:30 »
 You mean the one mentioned on the fifth post of this thread ? ;)

Ball Zack

« Reply #22 on: 08 Jan 2004, 05:07:50 »
If there is so much doubt about the lethality of the 5.7mm round, then why doesn't somebody test it on live animals at different ranges, and compare the results with the 9mm cartridge.  Also why not just make the cartridge slighly larger like the Russian 7.62 pistol cartridge.  Another idea:  the 5.7mm round could be made in armour peircing and hollow point (with a plastic ballistic nose).  The P-90 magazine would then be loaded with alternating armour peircing and hollow point rounds.  This way a typical  2-3 round burst would have the needed armour peircing effect as well as a knock down effect.

Offline Grizzlie

• Members
« Reply #23 on: 08 Jan 2004, 10:38:35 »
Do u want to be eaten by Greenpeace? ;)
And seriously - testing on animals is useless - human is much more delicate than any animal of comparable size.
Good example is 7.62 M1 carbine ammo. It has been found effective enough against humans on ranges up to 250-300 meters. And after war it has been using in hunting, and hunters were yelling it is not enough powerfull with medium sized animals.
About making bullet bigger caliber - bigger means heavier, and they wanted very light ammo.
And about hollow point, ect. - for military use they r forbidden - only FMJ.

Homefry31464

« Reply #24 on: 09 Jan 2004, 03:54:41 »
Doesn't a watermelon have the same tensile strenth as a human head.  And I think there are materials used in ballistics test that are highly accurate.