Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BRAVO TWO ZERO  (Read 4337 times)

albin78

BRAVO TWO ZERO
« on: 03 Nov 2003, 12:51:44 »
I want to do a new mission based on the novel BRAVO TWO ZERO. Im new to editing and mission making so i need some help here guys.

First of i want to do a new map and need a tool for this, what do i need to make a new island ?

Im not going to do new addons becouse there is alot to chose from out there. I need a dummy or some sort of info how to do a pretty good and advanced mission.

HEEEELP

YaKuZa

Re:BRAVO TWO ZERO
« Reply #1 on: 03 Nov 2003, 13:34:22 »
I've always wanted to do a B-20 mission but have never found a good iraq desert type island. I have good ideas for the mission but really just need the island to base it on. A very big desert island.

Iwesshome

« Reply #2 on: 03 Nov 2003, 15:13:21 »
Albin78,

Welcome To The Forums
Island Creation Tools
*Wrp Tool
http://www.ofpec.com/intel/index.php?a=show&newsID=517
*Visitor2
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/breathe/

Desert Island
*BAS Island and OPFOR or "tonal-tango" pack
http://www.ballistic-studios.com/

- Now these are just my opinions but it gives you a start. If you are looking for someone to help you build this project, please keep in mind that we don't allow recruiting on the forums but we do suggest you go to our RECRUITMENT DEPOT to search for talented OFP designers.

O Neil

« Reply #3 on: 05 Nov 2003, 07:11:54 »
Would there be anywhere I can get tonal in .zip ?

Just wondering.

O'Neil

PS: No I don't want a link to winrar

m21man

« Reply #4 on: 05 Nov 2003, 23:14:50 »
If you want to question BAS distribution methods, you should ask them. I don't think there are many people who'll download Tonal, de-rar it, compress it into .zip, and then go back and upload the larger file.

May I ask why you want the file at a more inefficient compression level?

PS: No I don't want a link to winrar
Winrar does .zip files.
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2003, 15:32:50 by m21man »

Captain Winters

« Reply #5 on: 06 Nov 2003, 15:10:26 »
wow, thats a way to act like a 2 year old m21man!  ::) :P

anyways, i dont think theres a link around for the download in a .zip! sorry!

Tanks! 8)

m21man

« Reply #6 on: 06 Nov 2003, 15:35:34 »
wow, thats a way to act like a 2 year old m21man!
Um, why? I was trying to tell him that it's nonsensical to download Tonal in .zip, unless for some reason Winrar doesn't work on his comp.

@O Neil: Does Winrar work on your computer?

@Captain Winters: I didn't know that two year olds understood the concept of computers, let alone file compression.
"You have the right to remain silent. Please use it."
::)
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2003, 15:38:55 by m21man »

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #7 on: 06 Nov 2003, 15:49:10 »
Albin if your new to editing i strongly recommend you dont try and make a new map...

BronzeEagle

« Reply #8 on: 06 Nov 2003, 19:16:07 »
forget about what he says, get into making maps!  Just tell me what bravo two zero was about.
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2003, 19:16:33 by BronzeEagle »

m21man

« Reply #9 on: 06 Nov 2003, 20:43:16 »
To make a good map, you need to know how to write a detailed config.cpp file and make at least one good cutscene (For the main menu). Therefore, you need to know how to script and how to config. Actual .wrp file creation isn't too hard, but it's very time consuming when you're making a quality map.
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2003, 20:44:58 by m21man »

albin78

« Reply #10 on: 07 Nov 2003, 12:18:34 »
Thanks guys for your tip. Iv checked out the mapediting and hmmm i put that aside. Got me a new m8 thats making a IRAQ map and is giving it beta to buil me a "B T Z" mission. Rght now im digging deep into mission editing reading about triggers and scripting. Anyone interresting and want to support me just give me a sign(admin i am not recruting) Just have high excpectaions on my mission.

Best regards
//Albin

albin78

« Reply #11 on: 07 Nov 2003, 12:23:01 »
The Tonal island(BAS) is not the one im using it s no god for this mission. To u who are interrrested Read or whatch Bravo Two Zero u will understand.

the mission will be based on both the book and film.

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #12 on: 07 Nov 2003, 17:49:11 »
Ill help you with mission triggers ect if u really need tho its been along time since i last did any missions. Im more a modeller now.

hobson_matt

« Reply #13 on: 20 Nov 2003, 12:15:59 »
The Tonal island(BAS) is not the one im using it s no god for this mission. To u who are interrrested Read or whatch Bravo Two Zero u will understand.

the mission will be based on both the book and film.

heh  which one, there have been loads of different stories on each, and Michael Asher (Ex 21 or 23 reg i believe) has written a book showing how the "bravo 2 zero" and "The one that got away" stories are full of cock-ups.  Not trying to play down the stories but u will have to determine which you are going for before you begin.  I have made a few missions based on these - unfortunately my PC has died since then so i have lost them.  Had a good island as well.  It was HUGE and completely baron in the desert.  Only thing is was missing really was roads and an area to act as near the border.  I will see if i can find it for u, may have it in a backup somewhere.

As far as the mission(s) go u may want to make it more of a campaign - mission 1 tab'ing to the road, mission 2 discovered and e&e to heli rv, etc etc.

Got any units in mind?

Munk D

« Reply #14 on: 20 Nov 2003, 16:30:09 »
Im a big fan of B20 but I don't think it'll make a good mission in ofp, the action is to spaced out and I'd get bored of just walking through the desert.

But if you really want to go a head with I'd suggest either leaving out Chris Ryan's e&e or doing it with cutscene's. He doesn't really get into many contacts after the one after Stan buggers off so it would be pretty boring.

I suggest watching the documentary by Michael Asher aswell, it would give you a good idea of what the terrian looks like and a good idea of the first LUP.

Good luck mate, need any help just ask  ;)