Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: where's the custom inq m4 pack?  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Delta Hawk

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
where's the custom inq m4 pack?
« on: 15 Oct 2003, 01:53:55 »
hey where's the INQ do it yourself M4 pack?  I get sick and tired of all these m4 packs that are so unrealistic that it seems like some crap from a nazi gang-bang party not to mention just about nobody knows how a real M4 works and i want to make a realistic M4 pack for myself.  If anyone else wants it, cool.

Just to make it clear, i mean how m4 works is people got scope that are for 700yd ranges attach to them and don't make ACOGs 4x, use stupid, wierd sights only a drunk hillbilly would use, wrong M203 crap etc.  ??? ??? Are those people stupid.  ;D

KyleSarnik

Re:where's the custom inq m4 pack?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2003, 01:57:15 »
BAS's M4's are good, but wait till they update their rangers/deltas, they will be JAM campatable...

SniperHawk

« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2003, 02:04:38 »
I remember seeing the do-it-yourself pack on www.ofp.info and dude are you serious about the BAS Weapons? They suck! All the M4's are edited XM117 Commandos! look at the rear grip and compare it to the XM. They are all the same! They got terrible textures...the usual double sided stuff on some of them. The Soldier models are great but they should go with the INQ Weapon pack from now on.

KyleSarnik

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2003, 03:55:40 »
You people and your M4's. Come on! How many are out there??? It doesn't matter if they look wrong to you because you could probably find a real one that looks just like it! It's the quality of the model and the effert put into it that counts... Any if you think I mean the BAS desert M4's then no, im not to happy about those textures but the updated ones will (should) be better (I hope). Anyways stop being so damn picky about it! Sorry for loosing my temper...

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2003, 10:51:33 »
Not to mention I'll come to your house and SHOOT you if you make another M4 addon.

That goes for all addonmakers.

We have more than enough M4 addons and/or packs, but yet all the MOD teams and addonmakers insist on making their own (those who are about modern times that is...), for what?

I mean, at first it was cool to see this in the addon community, like there was some sort of race on to create the best M4 addon, but now it's not funny anymore.
I don't want to have to download fourteen different M4 packs to be able to play missions.
Why can't all addonmakers work together to create the best addons out there?

I mean... it's not like you get paid for your addons, so why are we all in 'competition' here?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline Delta Hawk

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2003, 23:09:13 »
i'm not trying to insult anybody, but just about every M4 i've seen for this game SUCKS and i don't mean jenna jameson.  The only one that comes close to true M4s is INQ's m4 pack, however there's not enough variety.

I personally think that the next M4 pack that would be accepted by the ofp community should have all AR15/M16/M4 weapons including M16A1, A2, A3, A4, Car15, M4A1, M4A1 RIS, Colt Commando, M16 sniper rifles etc with the RIS haveing all variets of American troops. And of course, not F$*%ed up...like jenna :D

m21man

« Reply #6 on: 16 Oct 2003, 00:02:25 »
Delta Hawk has an unhealthy obsession for Jenna Jameson... ;D

I personally think that the next M4 pack that would be accepted by the ofp community should have all AR15/M16/M4 weapons including M16A1, A2, A3, A4, Car15, M4A1, M4A1 RIS, Colt Commando, M16 sniper rifles etc with the RIS haveing all variets of American troops.

That would be a U.S. army pack, not an M4 pack :P .

:gunman: *Shoots everything in sight, return to making Colombia map.* :gunman:
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2003, 00:03:14 by m21man »

KyleSarnik

« Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2003, 00:12:06 »
Like I said, M4's can look like whatever the hell the addon maker wants them to look like. And if your not happy with all of the thousands of M4's out there, then why don't you make your own...?

Homefry31464

« Reply #8 on: 16 Oct 2003, 00:55:02 »
All the addon makers, or most of them, put in their valuble time to make the addons.  You should be a little more appreciative.

If you want a good M4, and don't like BAS's (which i think are very good), download INQ's Hi-res weapon pack. If you don't like either, than good luck.

m21man

« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2003, 01:11:58 »
Personally, I think that INQ's high-res M4s are the best by far (Until the Nightstalker Mod releases theirs, that is ::)  ;D  ;) ) .

KyleSarnik

« Reply #10 on: 16 Oct 2003, 01:41:08 »
I think that BAS M4's are the best (in my opinion) because first of all alot of mission makers will be using BAS rangers, and their weapons, so its best to have them. Second, they do have nice quality and I love the optics on them. And most importantly, since I'm addicted to JAM and can't stop using it  ::), when the ranger/delta pack is updated all of the weapons (as BAS promised) will be JAM compatable...  ;D :gunman: :gunman:

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 16 Oct 2003, 10:10:21 »
Kyle, the point is that we will have gazillions of M4's out there, all because someone doesn't like the way the others look.

And since OPF has this annoying way of handling addons, it will mean that people would have to download loads of different M4's, all because someone was unhappy with the others.

The correct thing to do would be to approach one of the teams (BAS, for instance) and ask if you could help them with making their M4's.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline Delta Hawk

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: 16 Oct 2003, 23:59:49 »
kyle, i'm not saying every M4 is a mistake of God and creation and should be damned to hell.  I'm saying that the few ones that are good don't have variety.  Worst, majority of m4s are inaccurate, as in not like it is in real life.  For realistic freaks like me, not enough variety of M4s is enough to quit American units that use M4s.

M21man, all the weapons i've listed are m16 family weapons and yes, the M4 RIS is a M16 variet. If you compare all M16s and M4s, they look similar. It's a M16/m4 pack because other countries use m16/m4 weapons, probably yours too.  American pack of the top of my head would have M16 variets, M4 RIS variets, M249 variets, M240 variets, M60 variets, Car15, M24, M40, OICW, M82A1, M80 (another .50 i think), M2, Mp5 variets, number of tactical shotguns, M9, M1911A1 variets, MK23 variets, ump variets (delta ???) and M14 variets.  These are the weapons used from 1988 to 2003 by America.  And yes, i know theres a M80 frag grenade too and M18 smoke.

Oh, i still haven't found the inq m4 pack.  Can you give me the link to the page or the download link.  I'd be vary happy :) :)

Homefry31464

« Reply #13 on: 17 Oct 2003, 00:29:54 »

KyleSarnik

« Reply #14 on: 17 Oct 2003, 00:46:18 »
I'm saying that the few ones that are good don't have variety.  Worst, majority of m4s are inaccurate, as in not like it is in real life.  For realistic freaks like me, not enough variety of M4s is enough to quit American units that use M4s.

This is OFP... there are certain limitations... For example, you can't have every single type or varient of an M4 that there is in real life. M4's can be changed in so many ways, so if it doesn't look realistic to you, doesn't mean its not realistic.