Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Too many addons?  (Read 2087 times)

m21man

Re:Too many addons?
« Reply #15 on: 14 Oct 2003, 23:35:48 »
Why should a mod folder ever exceed 500MBs? Just keep making mod folders until you have a good distribution.

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #16 on: 14 Oct 2003, 23:46:02 »
Why should a mod folder ever exceed 500MBs? Just keep making mod folders until you have a good distribution.

Hmm...well, my Res/Addons folder is 574MB ...but many of those addons are turned off ....Addon Mgr. converts the .pbo files to .pbx files ,so they are still there but not seen as addons. With this method, I was able to at least SEE what Tonal and all of its cool new units and toys look like.  :)
  Still gonna need to know if I can get the Mod solution to work, though.

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #17 on: 15 Oct 2003, 00:03:52 »
Umm, where in the H3ll did you guys DL the 1.94 beta patch from? I followed the links posted on the OFPEC home page ...to flashpoint 1985 ...I looked under patches and downloads for that site, codemasters and the other official linked site .... Nowhere did I see anything but the 1.91 patch. Please tell me how u navigated.   ???

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #18 on: 15 Oct 2003, 00:16:25 »
Try here:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=archiv&page=1

Just over half way down the page.

BTW:  You must make a new shortcut to the .exe file this patch puts into your OFP folder.
This exe does NOT replace your 1.91 exe file it only adds another .exe into the OFP folder, so, you need to make a separate shortcut to it.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #19 on: 15 Oct 2003, 01:11:30 »
Thx, Planck ...that  link worked. Though I read a lot of comments from peeps who had trouble with the patch.  :-\

And I did have the 1.92 patch already , but noone seems to use it in MP, so stuck to 1.91.  :-X

m21man

« Reply #20 on: 15 Oct 2003, 01:25:53 »
Why are you using 1.91 instead of 1.94 if you're having problems with memory mapping?!? You can't fix those problems without 1.94 :P .

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #21 on: 15 Oct 2003, 12:06:45 »
Posted this elsewhere, but I think this should be the place;

Can someone please help me? I keep getting the error like Kamikazepilot had; "cannot create 3d device, out of memory".

system specs;
AMD 1800+
1536MB DDR RAM
PowerVR Kyro 64MB

Addons used;
BIS RES
BAS Tonal files
(no OPFOR pack)

OFP;
V1.94b

When I had 640 MB RAM I could use like 110 mb of addons next to the BIS files. Now that I have 1536MB I can use 114mb. That doesn't make sence. Is there any way that I can get rid of this problem other than buying a new video card??

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #22 on: 15 Oct 2003, 12:56:36 »
Well, guys, sorry to say ...but I actually did find a new video driver just released 5 days ago and upgraded to that, along with the 1.94 Beta Patch. And guess what? Same results as before. So I guess I'm stuck with using OFP Addon Mgr.  :P