Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Too many addons?  (Read 2088 times)

Mr.BoDean

Too many addons?
« on: 14 Oct 2003, 03:07:41 »
Hi all,
  Okay, I don't usually visit the addon discussion section, but it's time I did. Dunno if it's just me, but my game will not boot up properly (gives me funky brown graphics where I should see the game options menu) when I have either too many addons or addons above a certain size in the folder. Seems to be the same for both regular addons folder and RES/Addons folder.
   Previously, I thought there was just an incompatibility with different addons , like when I first installed the BAS BlackHawks , so I deleted some addons. But now with Tonal Island out , it's HUUUUUGE  and I need to figure out how to be able to use them all at once. Isn't there some way to  group them or create a mod folder so this doesn't happen?
    If this isn't the right place, please tell me where I can find the answer.     ;)                                   Thanks ......Mr.B.   8)

m21man

Re:Too many addons?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2003, 03:14:02 »
First, if you don't have it, grab the 1.94 beta. Then you should use mod folders. If you don't know how to make them, here's how:
1. Make a folder in your OperationFlashpoint directory, and name it, as an example, bas_isle. Then in this folder, put a folder named addons and put your Tonal files in this.
2. To run this, make a shortcut to the OFP program that you run and in the in "Target" field add stuff so it looks like this:
"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -mod=bas_isle

You can do this multiple mod folders by having something like this:
-mod=bas_isle;bas_units;hisky

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2003, 03:48:45 »
Hi M21man,  
  Ok ...I did exactly as you posted ...thought all was okay because game booted properly ...with nosplash (yeah!) , but then I looked in editor and there was no Tonal Island.  :(    Nor were there any of the African soldiers in there.

That was using this in the target :

C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash-mod=bas_isle

When I added a space here: -nosplash -mod=bas_isle                the game would not boot up correctly again ...brown graphics.   :'(

Oh yea, I did use 1.91 for the test . Is this something they fixed in 1.94? Cuz I didn't notice that in the post about it. Only bummer with BIS releasing not-yet-official patches is that it's hard enough to fill a room on GS with 1.91,  much less any yet-proven patch. Also, I assume I should just trash the 1.92 patch?   :-\
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2003, 03:57:08 by Mr.BoDean »

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2003, 04:59:48 »
this is what you got copy this one
C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nomap -nosplash -mod=bas_isle
just be sure if you have all BAS addons in a folder called bas_isle it is ok but if you have your folder named BAS only than
C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nomap -nosplash -mod=BAS

m21man

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2003, 05:10:59 »
Mr. BoDean: Yes, you should get 1.94. It fixes some problems with event handlers (The "Militia Dump" mission now works ;D ), plus I think it may help with memory mapping problems.

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2003, 07:47:22 »
this is what you got copy this one
C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nomap -nosplash -mod=bas_isle
just be sure if you have all BAS addons in a folder called bas_isle it is ok but if you have your folder named BAS only than
C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nomap -nosplash -mod=BAS

Hmm, nope ....same results :
  With a space between nosplash and -mod=bas_isle  it gives me the f'ed up graphics screen.

With no space between them, game boots up but no island or other addons are present.   :(

I even tried using an older utility called OFP Addon Manager, but it didn't work, either.    ???

Kaliyuga

« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2003, 08:12:46 »
OK I Just tried it all out to make sure what was goin on...

I made a folder named BAS ,  inside was a folder named addons

in which all the BAS stuff went.    

used this as my command line for my shortcut to .exe

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -mod=BAS

works fine for me

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #7 on: 14 Oct 2003, 09:14:46 »
OK I Just tried it all out to make sure what was goin on...

I made a folder named BAS ,  inside was a folder named addons
in which all the BAS stuff went.    
used this as my command line for my shortcut to .exe

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -mod=BAS

works fine for me

Ok, Kali ,
    LMAO!  Tried it again thinking I was maybe missing something like actually using those quotation marks before pressing "Apply" when setting the target. I even renamed my folder to BAS just for kicks.

Now the kooky graphics screen is even more messed up than before.  :o   :-X  I get a box in the upper left with a bunch of letters and what looks like stick men along the bottom. I'm posting both versions here for u guys to be amused at what looks like yet another curse put upon my PC by this game.   :P

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #8 on: 14 Oct 2003, 09:15:24 »
And here's the other.....

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #9 on: 14 Oct 2003, 13:23:20 »
update you grapics card to the latest version get the latest version of Direct-X
go to your FlashpointPreferences.exe click it press Autodetect button click exit
make sure put all your BAS addons but all of them in the folder named BAS than use this

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE -nosplash -mod=BAS -nomap
remove the " sign at the end of EXE and begin of C:\

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #10 on: 14 Oct 2003, 21:22:22 »
update you grapics card to the latest version get the latest version of Direct-X
go to your FlashpointPreferences.exe click it press Autodetect button click exit
make sure put all your BAS addons but all of them in the folder named BAS than use this

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE -nosplash -mod=BAS -nomap
remove the " sign at the end of EXE and begin of C:\

Hi Bone,  
   I really appreciate your help, but I get the same result with that one, too.
   I'm running DirectX 9.0b  ; a Radeon 9700 (generic) Video card with the latest update ; 1024MB RAM ; on a P4 2.8Ghz PC with XP Pro.
    In the Operation Flashpoint folder, I have a BAS folder containing an AddOns folder which contains the folder BAS_Isle anim , and 7 other .pbo files .

Do you think it has something to do with the video card being generic and not an ATI card ....just "powered by"    ?

BTW, if you put quotes around " C: ....EXE" , they disappear when you press apply anyways.  ;)

Vyper

« Reply #11 on: 14 Oct 2003, 21:54:58 »
Whenever i load flashpoint now.....i get an error like

"cannot memory map BAS_O.pbo".....i cleared out some addons from the folder but it didn't work...only since i put tonal in...i ran it fine for a couple of days and then this....help!?!?!

Vyper

Torak

« Reply #12 on: 14 Oct 2003, 22:13:32 »
I find I get a memory map error whenever either of the Addons folders hits a gig in size; I'm told patch 1.94 will fix that, but I haven't got round to installing it yet so can't vouch for its efficacity.

m21man

« Reply #13 on: 14 Oct 2003, 22:20:00 »
My /OperationFlashpoint folder was 2.2 GBs last time I checked, it works fine with all of the addons in mod folders.

Torak

« Reply #14 on: 14 Oct 2003, 22:41:37 »
Yes, that's what I've been told. But I have problems whenever any individual addons folder reaches a gig.