Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Reality  (Read 3595 times)

Jakerod

Reality
« on: 21 Aug 2002, 02:58:01 »
I think someone should make a reality script...Something that makes units use cover and tactics more effectivly.

tai mai shu

Re:Reality
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 04:10:55 »
ell, you could do stuff like, if west is attacking a city, and laying down fire, a trigger detects if west is firing,  (changes in ammo levels) and causes the east commander to issue the "take cover" command.  stuff like that.

_hammy_

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 07:00:02 »
that would be cool

Bomberman

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2002, 07:07:56 »
"wazap evwybody, my name is thai mai shu. and i am going to rapping for you today in a little frestyle....

i with it was more realistic as well. dumbass hooligans. "im being shot at sir!" "well shoot back!" (army gay) "but i cant shoot him, he's gorgeous!"
 8)

tai mai shu

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2002, 09:26:25 »
lol, well thats why we play a thing called "Multi-Player"  :P

no need to put up with stupid ai's whent theres a real human being on teh other side of my front sight post  ;D

but seriously, your playing against some electrons moving through several hundred miles of wire that respond to the exact same algorithms ina  very predictable pattern.  what can you expect???

the most you can do is kinda push teh ai to not be so damn stupid i was playing a coop mission today where you take petrovice, i was sitting there happily with my sniper rifle, and picked off about 40 infantry before they finally found out what was happeneing and sent a patrol my way, too bad they were stupid enough to walk at me with there guns slinged  ;)

maybe stuff so if they are shot at by a certain number of enemy (no point in an entire garrison cowarding from one soldier)  than they all perfrm the find cover command.

what about using the knows about command??? every time you reveal yourself to ai, you are assigned a knowsabout varialbe that ranges from like 0-4 i think, the higher it its the more your known about.  maybe a trigger that detects if your knowsabout level is higher than 2, than it multiplies it, thus giving the effect of more acute enemy.  or how about a script that triggers when your knows about value is too high, and assigns an enemy squad, a search and destroy waypoint, ON YOU.  i mean, its pretty lame picking off enemy from a far and they just run around blindly and dont try to find my position, when in reality the enemy  would be vectoring choppers, tanks, artillery, and troops on your ass.

i was surprisd by the ai improvement in resistance though.  i rember taking pot shots at a squad, and the mg guy laid down base fire, while the group headed for trees, waited ehind cover, than ran for the hills, flanked me, and capped my ass.

whiplash2000a

« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2002, 09:59:18 »
Is the KnowsAbout command really that versatile? Can you be a mile away from an enemy squad and make a trigger go off that has "ep1 knowsabout ap1 = 4" in the activation field, making sure that the enemy commander knows exactly where you are and what side you're on and class you are?

I thought it was just a return variable, not one you could set.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2002, 10:17:32 »
da knowsabout command can b used only as a condition but u can use da - reavel - command 2 make som1 know bout oder unit

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug 2002, 10:19:07 »
It is a return variable. You can use it to get the current level of knowsAbout from a unit. You can't set it. There is no such command. What you can do however, is use it to retrieve the current level of knowsAbout, and if greater than X (1-4) things will happen. You can't "multiply" it to get a greater value.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

tai mai shu

« Reply #8 on: 21 Aug 2002, 12:22:34 »
yeah but like was said abov, the reveal command will  set the knows about value pretty high.i think BIS should make a "setknowsabout" command, i mean, its just an ai parameter, so wahts so difficult about implemnting it?>? it would go a FAR way in increasing ai realism.

maybe the command isnt that versatile, but it is still very usefull. for example you can use it lets say if your attacking a base, and your detected, then it starts a timer, if you dont kill the detector, than he radios in, and a waypoint is triggered that vectors a squad of russies at your position.  

or how about using the knowsabout command to cause all units to fire at the most known about unit, thus any "rambos" in coop missions will be instantly gunned down, cuz their so frickin conspicuous  ;D ;D ;D

tai mai shu

« Reply #9 on: 21 Aug 2002, 12:28:13 »
or how about a script that when a squad comes into contact with you,  the script activates, finds your position, makes the enemy leader face towards you, fire a smoke grenade, and retreat?  maybe make a waypoint somewhere on a line behind the smoke grenade, so effectively the smoke masks their retreat.  maybe ai suqds that have a "radioman" (maybe the officer) and if the squad detects you, the radioman does some "playmove" command to simulate him calling the radio, and if you dont kill him soon enough, than a whole shit load of arty shells start falling on your position, hhehehehe

mybe ai that utilizes their weapons better? for example, if the enemy is really close (the distance command) but they dont know where you are exactly (using knosabout command) they bombard your last known location with grenades?  maybe some raking fire (setdir, and fire [blah, blah] command)

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 21 Aug 2002, 12:45:49 »
Next time, edit your previous post instead of making a new one.
But yes, the possibilities are indeed endless. I have whole bunch of nice things I would like to see implemented in scripts.
The smoke grenade thing was just one of them, but you got there before me =)
I had the idea of a mission where several enemy squads are in the AO, and when one of them spots you it radios in your position to the other squads, which will then converge on your last known position.
Unfortunately, I don't really have the time to make that mission myself, so one of you guys will have to do it =)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

tai mai shu

« Reply #11 on: 21 Aug 2002, 22:03:45 »
hmm, thats a cool idea, and doesnt seem very difficult.  maybe a trigger

east detects west

lastknownpos = getpos (use the knows about command to find the most known west unit); Wapoint1 setWPPos lastknownpos; reinforce = true

/make a waypoint for the reinforcement squad, make it named waypoint1, activation= reinforce

that should make the squad reinforce the other squad, i think???  ???

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: 21 Aug 2002, 22:09:47 »
Yeah, but there's a lot of dynamic options that can be added to that idea.
More enemy troops are sent in depending on how close you are to an enemy camp.
If you are close to an area patrolled by a chopper, the chopper comes after you.
Same with UAZs/BMPs/Tanks.

And maybe add some "randomness" to the whole thing.
If you are closer than 50 meters to the enemy group that spots you, they will first open up with their weapons to keep you down, then popping smoke grenades and call in support.
If you are at 50-100 meters, they will fire a few short bursts before pulling back to defensive positions and radio for backup.
100-200 meters: Rush to good defensive positions, then radio for support.
200-400 meters: Call for chopper and BMP support and wait for the rest of the infantry before hunting you down.

BTW. Very cool that this is still the first thread in this board.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #13 on: 21 Aug 2002, 22:22:00 »
*thinkin

did u ever considered using guard WPs ?  ;D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 21 Aug 2002, 23:07:23 »
sssshh, that wouldn't be any fun now would it =)