Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Reality  (Read 3596 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:Reality
« Reply #15 on: 21 Aug 2002, 23:13:11 »
if u say so  ::)  :-*

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

asmodeus

« Reply #16 on: 22 Aug 2002, 16:46:06 »
Or you could use a combination of the guard wp's and the scripting?!  

That would make it even more random and versatile if you could get them to work together properly..   8)

Or am I just spouting nonsense?   ::)   ;D

BTW, I believe that LCD uses the Guard Wp's in his OSAL mission and it makes the enemy respond in many of the ways described above...   ;)    

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #17 on: 22 Aug 2002, 18:11:14 »
yeah asmo is right AI wid guard WPs can do things  ;D

did u ever c a whole group board a truck and go nd search 4 u widout getin WP 2 do dat ? or man manning a MG widout WP ? or soldiers calin support (dey wil only cal anoder groups wid guard WPs) ?

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Kaliyuga

« Reply #18 on: 22 Aug 2002, 22:11:51 »
Yeah, those guard waypoints can do alot.. I've seen it first hand also...

*Case in point....      I was assaulting a town which had three M2's in strategic positions. I had my trusty PSG-1 Camo in hand (silenced sniper rifle) and began turning the gunner's heads into a fine red mist  :gunman: :tomato:

So.. as I removed the gunners, without letting my presence be known, any of the other soldiers that noticed the M2 was now empty would go ahead and get in and take over for the dead guy.....

Now this is a side effect of using a Guard waypoint also it seems.....

Also.. I think realism can be accomplished through scripting.. you would just have to devise a large set of conditions, and then the result of that condition being met....
There are alot of scripts out there that do their part towards accomplishing this.. such as a reinforcement script... But why not combine a whole bunch of them together.. creating one unified AI script that could be used no matter the mission....

I'd like to see also, the ability to decide whether or not to retreat on foot, or load into vehicles and bug out by the AI..

or how about a script that makes it where when an AI unit gets wounded he seeks out the nearest medic, or field hospital and heals himself.... It seems to me that in the heat of a battle I don't have the time to command my wounded to seek out the medic.  Better yet, why not have the medic automatically seek out the wounded as would happen in reality....  I think there is even a sound for that isn't there? something like "I've been hit"
This is something that could be easily reproduced I think.

The knows about command would definately come into play here as well...

Anyways.. enough of my rant... but I would like to see a large AI script implemented that does some of these things at least
:toocool:

tai mai shu

« Reply #19 on: 23 Aug 2002, 00:50:39 »
yeah asmo is right AI wid guard WPs can do things  ;D

did u ever c a whole group board a truck and go nd search 4 u widout getin WP 2 do dat ? or man manning a MG widout WP ? or soldiers calin support (dey wil only cal anoder groups wid guard WPs) ?

LCD OUT

wow, are you serious? the guard waypoint is that versatile?!?!
lol, and i thought it just made the guy stand there like a dufus and make a nice sniper target (or is that the sentry command)  ;D

Jakerod

« Reply #20 on: 23 Aug 2002, 01:54:03 »
There is actually a sound for a guy calling for a medic i think.
some good ideas:
-Smoke works effectivly
-Uses more tactics....something like the reverse slope defense
-Uses weapons correctly(NO more AA at tanks unless there is no AT guy around)
-Suppresive fire
-Suppresive fire that keeps AI down (one way to do this is by making it if a shot hits in like a 3m radius of them they go prone it would atleast slow them down a bit)
-Officer Nights will fire flares if it is night
-LAWs will be used against fortefied positions
-Men will use cover better....(Pick out a tree over a push and a rock over a tree)
-Will coordinate movement better with other squads

All i can think of right now

Guru

« Reply #21 on: 02 Oct 2002, 04:31:17 »
WOW!!!!!     GOOD IDEA
-
this is the best script idea ive heard yet....
SOMEONES gotta do this 1 !!!!!!!!!
-
the game needs it bad really. for both sp and mp missions
-
waiting.....................hope'ing..........................................still-hope'ing .............waiting somemore .............................still-hope'ing.............................................guys gotta wish for something right ;D