Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BHD  (Read 4047 times)

ASF_Blade

BHD
« on: 19 Aug 2003, 02:27:57 »
I know this question has probably been asked many times but has anyone made a good Black Hawk Down mission?

m21man

Re:BHD
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2003, 03:05:51 »
No. The fact is, despite the availability of appropriate addons (BAS Delta/Rangers and the BAS MH-60s come to mind ;D), the OFP engine and AI simply can't accurately simulate combat in a large city. With OFP, people phase through walls, and the soldiers can't do crap inside buildings. Do you want to fight hundreds of militiamen while standing outdoors so your teammates can function?

m21man

« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2003, 03:17:47 »
I actually did try to make a BHD mission a while back, but I encountered the OFP game engine and AI at their worst. Hoot kept on running into and through walls, poor ole Nelson and Twombly got shot approximately 650 times each while holding the corner, the Somali's got half of the choppers with RPGs while they were inserting the Americans, etc...

You can Somalia themed missions, but if you want to have a dedicated BHD game, I suggest you check this out:
http://www.novalogic.com/games/DFBHD/
The AI sucks to the extreme, but you've got to love the enormous re-creation of Mogadishu.

Captain Winters

« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2003, 03:34:07 »
yea, there has been a couple.... if u got the system to handle it  :P  :)
sory i dono where the link is  :(

Tanks!  8)

SoldierX

« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2003, 04:12:54 »
somebody made( i think kueter) a BHD mission that you can find in the Missions depot. but the addons used are pretty bad
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2003, 04:14:02 by SoldierX »

kueter

« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2003, 04:29:10 »
 Hey, I did the best I could with what addons that were out at the time.  :P

check it out, anyway.

http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?ID=632

Later,
Kueter

Jujuman

« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2003, 04:37:05 »
Also another thing the OFP engine is missing(As well as the game "BlackHawk Down" by nova logic) is a good medical and rescue simulation. I mean for instance the movie blackhawk down (And the real thing) they pretty much left no man behind except some that there was no way to save at the time. But for some reason in games today developers dont feel the need to put in a good medical system. Anyway point is a realistic and good blackhawk down mission in OFP is not possible because every time a man dies hes going to be left behind. Altho I have looked into making my own medical system via scripts but im not advanced enough in scripting for it. Mabey some of you scipting gods out there could look into it? :)

-Jujuman

hooahman

« Reply #7 on: 19 Aug 2003, 05:34:38 »
My productions team is making a Somalia campaign.  It focuses on all of Somalia, not just BHD.  For more info go to http://hooahpros.tacticalblunder.com.  Our site wil be down a few days due to our host switching servers.  And to tell you all, BHD is possible.  You just need to break it down.  Cya!

ASF_Blade

« Reply #8 on: 19 Aug 2003, 06:42:48 »
wow...thanks guys...and I can't wait to see that hooahman!!

Offline Shiznan

• Members
  • Why must I be a llama?
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2004, 01:48:00 »
I am working on a BHD mission. You run through the campaign 4 times, once as a Ranger, one as Delta, one as a part of the convoy, and one as a littlebird pilot. But I am having 2 major problems. First I do not have a Somali Malitiamen add-on. Right now i am using Russians as Somalis. Does anyone know where I can get one? ??? Second I am having trouble with the insertion. Every mission is working except the insertion in every mission except the convoy one. the Rangers fastrope in way off target, the littlebirds won't land on roofs and half the choppers get shot down. If any one knows how to fix any of these problems please tell me. I'M DESPERATE!!!!!
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2004, 18:16:33 by Shiznan »
Mess With the Best
Die Like the Rest
U.S. Army Rangers

m21man

« Reply #10 on: 24 Jan 2004, 01:53:09 »
You are simply meeting the reasons cause people to not make BHD missions :P . As for militiamen, get the Tonal/OPFOR pack.

Offline Shiznan

• Members
  • Why must I be a llama?
« Reply #11 on: 24 Jan 2004, 18:15:16 »
I figured out how to fix the insertion problem. ;D Instead of having the insertion be 1 mission in the campaign I made it 2. It does look stupid ending one mission, and starting the next in the same spot at the same time, but at least it works. It is still a crappy campaign though.  :( Some parts are too easy and boring, like the night Ranger missions, and some are too hard, like the entire convoy campaign. But at least it works. After fine-tuning it (adding dialouge, getting people in correct uniforms and adding intros and outros) I will post it. Just don't expect much from it.
One more thing. Does any body know where I can download a black Black Hawk crash site, i only have green.
Mess With the Best
Die Like the Rest
U.S. Army Rangers

Homefry31464

« Reply #12 on: 24 Jan 2004, 18:27:41 »
The BAS Blackhwks have one under Empty Objects.

Dubieman

« Reply #13 on: 25 Jan 2004, 03:59:25 »
That's probably the only way to do a decent BHD mission like Shiznan. Breaking it into pieces eliminates the lag and too many people.

Of course this might be just adding to a dead topic as it is already wrapped up, I just type too much.

m21man

« Reply #14 on: 25 Jan 2004, 19:16:26 »
You can have a ton of units in a mission, just use respawn scripts. That's how I got something like a 750 unit kill count in one of my missions :gunman: .