Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Red Dawn WOLVERINES!  (Read 1812 times)

Bandoo

Red Dawn WOLVERINES!
« on: 01 Aug 2003, 04:59:25 »
I wish someone would make a red dawn campaign (at least ive never seen one).  I piddled around with it, but i really stink at mission-making.  I have no clue how to make cutscenes or to use scripts.  I think it would be fairly easy to make this because OFP already has most of the units you would need to make this. Ive already scouted great spots on Everon for different scenes, but i dont have the skill to develop them.

There are so many missions and campaigns out there that try to mimic recent war movies, but what about old classic movies like Red Dawn?  Its a great story, im surprised its never been done.

WOLVERINES! :gunman:

bigdog632

Re:Red Dawn WOLVERINES!
« Reply #1 on: 01 Aug 2003, 06:49:33 »
i liked that movie as well
i wouldnt think it would be too hard just some custom civilian addons

BronzeEagle

« Reply #2 on: 01 Aug 2003, 19:15:36 »
They didn't look so civillian once they got their gear on.  That's a good idea though because its the communists, they've taken over Michigan, you got prisoners n junk.  Sounds neato.  I've played a similar mission where you're college students who have to ambush a bus full of russians with limited equipment.    
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2003, 19:16:48 by BronzeEagle »

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #3 on: 01 Aug 2003, 19:19:53 »
The movie is a classic but yall do remember all but two were killed...I don't know if thas the best story to follow  :-\

Homefry31464

« Reply #4 on: 02 Aug 2003, 02:35:36 »
Good point, it is still a good movie.  Of course, results would vary in OFP.  Maybe alter the stoyline so more than two survive.

Iwesshome

« Reply #5 on: 04 Aug 2003, 14:00:39 »
The movie is a classic but yall do remember all but two were killed...I don't know if thas the best story to follow

Why not?

Not every mission has to be a gun blazing battle with tons of victories as we are seeing so much of. I mean look at the plot of the movie...

1. Russians and Cubans invade
2. A group of high school students from a small town who are separated from family and friends end up becoming an effective fighting militia.
3. Over several months and with some advise from an American officer they began to take back their town piece by piece terrorizing those dang Russian and Cuban invaders.
4. As this movie truly shows war is not nice and there causalities so I think having only two of the original group survive the war was a true account.

Just my opinion on the subject.

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #6 on: 05 Aug 2003, 02:08:57 »
now, don't get me wrong any mission that has to do with Red Dawn I will play I just don't like the idea of the "star" getting killed...I'm still mourning victor troska's death..lol  ;D

Jakerod

« Reply #7 on: 05 Aug 2003, 03:53:13 »
Ya that was a great movie... Someone found the DEM for that area a long time ago.  May have been bigdog but im not sure.  I was gonna make a map out of it but the river was kinda screwed up.  And one part was too flat and the other too mountainous for anything.

Iwesshome

« Reply #8 on: 05 Aug 2003, 13:42:22 »
I'm still mourning victor troska's death..lol  ;D

LOL...  8)