Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to come up with ideas for missions!!!  (Read 1846 times)

BronzeEagle

How to come up with ideas for missions!!!
« on: 28 Jul 2003, 20:34:33 »
Important things to know to make a mission

What is the good guys purpose?
Let's look at the BAS addons.  Delta Force was created to battle terrorism abroad.  
The Rangers were created to be a light quick reaction force capable of deploying on a moments notice.  Experts in patrolling and small unit tactics.
Now I know what kind of missions to make.  :)

What island do I use?
Most of the islands that have come out are fictional making you free from responsibility of an unpopular point of view.  Your best bet is to check out island reviews in the review section of this website or to download the island to see just what type of environment you are getting.  

why people fight?
smuggling across the border, smuggling from city to city, smuggling weapons, smuggling drugs, people rebelling against the government, terrorists, holding people captive, holding cities captive, holding countries captive, killing innocent people based on race, creed, color or religion, refusing to allow refugees to leave a country or city, killing refugees who just want to leave, etc.      

Now you have your two sides, your reason for conflict, your island and you're ready to roll.  

Tips:  
Be creative
Have fun
Do your best
take a break once in awhile
being simple helps, you won't use up all your ideas in one mission
last but not least....
more than one mission helps, people will play with you for hours
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2003, 21:19:02 by BronzeEagle »

Gooner861

Re:How to come up with ideas for missions!!!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2003, 17:25:47 »
Thats gud advice BronzeEagle, u making any missions at the moment?

R.Y.A.N.

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2003, 06:01:49 »
The first thing I do to make a mission is to place a man in a location and look around. The terrain usally helps me think of a difficult or interesting tactical situation, I place a few units to see how they react to different ideas, and then the idea takes shape. I choose locales before i choose scenarios. that's just me and my missions are almost always general in scope, so with a few alterations, I can make it a large assault or a stealthy black ops mission- I mean, the enemy would have a sound reason for being there in the first place, right? So to make it realistic, I make the enemy position usable in a wide variety of situations. It's all well and good to have a hidden MG nest, but why is it there? I play with either idea until something grabs me. Sometimes in play testing the mission, a unit won't behave the way it should, and that inspires a whole new idea.

i have come up with a couple scenarios quite by accident, like when I put a resistance officer on top of a roof by accident. The view from the roof top led to a mission where he defends innocent townsfolk from Police and Russians that try to kill them- just because the view was so good in that particular case.
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2003, 06:04:20 by R.Y.A.N. »

BronzeEagle

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2003, 15:55:32 »
I'm currently working on an anti terrorist mission where the CIA sets  up a meeting in Chechnya to bust an Islamic black markets weapons dealer.  He's been dishing out American Stingers the CIA supplied to the Taliban during the Afghanistan/Russia war in the eighties.  The cleanup of American arms is not over.  Now he's trying to sell them to the Chechen rebels who happen to be working alongside several islamic terrorist groups.  It looks bad.    Will they succeed at capturing the black market weapons dealer?  You'll just have to see for yourself.  They is either the Delta Force or the Navy SEALs.  I was going to use the Delta Force but since there's only one airport on the island and I want it to be realistic I think I'll wait for the SEALs to come out.  I never heard of the Delta Force riding to the objective along with a carrier group or Marines.  SEALs are usually always on the carrier.      
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2003, 16:04:27 by BronzeEagle »

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2003, 16:25:25 »
bronze eagle, take a lok at the Police and FBI on http://ofp.gamezone.cz it hink that is, and then also look at the Selectthis spec op Huey they would look good in the mission your making..........im making a similar one, well kinda........but different circumstances etc the addon fo the police and the huey are really good

BronzeEagle

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jul 2003, 16:48:05 »
Yeah, I am also doing an FBI mission on the side that will be on panzerfaust island, since its the only island I've found with a good looking metropolis.  They start off on the roof of one of the many skyscrapers I've decided to call the Federal buillding and they're going to go to an apartment complex where a terrorist faction is located and holed up inside.  They will land on the roof and go through the building finding the ones who have siezed the building.  I am going to use BAS weapons and the littlebirds for that along with those FBI units.  Then I'll have police cars outside, and officers aiming at the building.  It should look real decent.    
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2003, 16:49:05 by BronzeEagle »

Gooner861

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jul 2003, 16:48:52 »
Yeah thats a well gud site, it has loads of stuff on it.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jul 2003, 16:52:17 »
*see's the post sliding but what the whooooooooo*

yeah they got some good ones, some bad ones.......and some average ones, i do recomend the spec ops huey and the police and fbi addon too

BronzeEagle

« Reply #8 on: 31 Jul 2003, 03:02:09 »
Contrary to movies like Shanghai Noon, FBI hostage rescue teams or anti-terrorist teams don't go into duty outside of the United States.  That's where the Delta Force and Navy's Dev Gru (SEALs) come in.  I am going to use the Deltas.  They're going to capture the blackmarket weapons dealer, its going to be fun.  I'll have a list of the addons required to play as soon as I finish it.  It's going to have music, lots of cool tricks, its going to be very fun.    
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2003, 03:02:53 by BronzeEagle »

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #9 on: 31 Jul 2003, 06:53:19 »
i mentioned the fbi mod because its a well done addon, anyway i got a sneaky little idea to get away with using them outside of us type missions

FBI, with these units(well in my missions anyway), do not stand for Federal Beurau (or however u spell it forgot lol) of Investigation.

the FBI stands for
Fast
Brutal
Invasion

which is basically what these guys go in my missions, they  invade the enemies bases, are quick to do so......and are brutal at it :D

BronzeEagle

« Reply #10 on: 01 Aug 2003, 19:44:55 »
Hell.  Who's to say that the U.S. isn't doing joint police force training or helped the government set up their own Federal bureau of Investigation which is a very vague name for an organization anyways.  There are federal bureaus of investigation in almost every country just not named the same thing.  

Homefry31464

« Reply #11 on: 02 Aug 2003, 01:31:06 »
When I try to come up with missions, I try to look at what happens on the news, and change the setting and who is involved.  Helps solve the problem of lack of ideas.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #12 on: 04 Aug 2003, 00:13:33 »
Good fighting is all about defence.  Men are sent in the defence of people.  Tanks are sent in defence of the soldiers getting there usually.  Helicopters are sent in defence of the soldiers and if its an attack helicopter, the vehicles, or other helicopters too.  Jets are sent in defence of anything below them from tanks protecting soldiers, to choppers protecting tanks, to entire bases or countries, because of their high speed.  It all starts with the soldier defending the people.  War is focused on the soldier and completely based on intelligence.  The soldier is important because he can get into captured cities to differentiate civillians from hostiles, which is something a bomb doesn't do or a tank shell might not do.  Tanks can withstand lots of punishment and deliver a heavy blow.  Helicopters are your weapons platform in the sky, perfect for stationing an attack on anywhere at a moments notice, even delivering troops.  Trucks will conceal the soldier, or save his strength if he's all used up and can't walk any further.  Jets will defend everything and strike very fast but require a take off and landing which takes time.  Planes will transport the soldier and provide him with an element of stealth by offering the HALO jump or the safety of the parachute jump.  
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2003, 00:33:54 by BronzeEagle »